This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeve of the Day

With a tip o' the hat to anapuni808, sinjin, craigwatanabe, and other kinder, gentler folks (ha!), let's take a new tack from our "What Pisses You Off" heritage. Sure, you can still share things that piss you off, tick you off, anger or annoy you, you can hate if you have to... but let's also open the floor to more minor annoyances, those occassional sighs and eye-rolls, those daily observances of ridiculousness.

Which of your peeves have been petted today?

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

I sigh and roll eyes over those that forget they are living in a land of everblossoming tropical flowers (imbued with such essences as to stimulate the olfactory senses beyond the capacity of any perfumery of any country) and foliage of all hues of the rainbow. which incidentally are almost everpresent here also. I lament the lack of appreciation in the hearts and minds of many here who don't know they are living in probably the most gorgeous place on earth, a land populated by the most amazingly beautiful people known to history, a group of islands that far too many have sacrificed far too much for, so a few can drive around and while honking, or not honking, maybe or maybe not, enjoy and appreciate this garden of eden.
    I subscribe to the dictum, show an attidtude of grattitude. Or you will lose it.
    Last edited by kimo55; January 14, 2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Pet Peeve of the past few days, and most likely the next week or so....

I made a good on one of my New Years' Goal, resolution,promise...whatever, and bought a bicycle. Nice one too....

The peeve....it's too friggin cold to ride right now. Only got to ride one day before we got our unusually cold weather.SoCal is goin thru a major cold spell right now. I'm talkin about ice on the sidewalks cold. Maybe this one should go into the "what pisses you off" thread. What a bummer.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Right on, Kimo...

Outside of commercial airline flying, which has become one big peeve, I'd have to say it's those groups of people who walk along slowly, obliviously, unnecessarily taking up an entire sidewalk/isle... slowly moving back and forth as if tantalizing you with the possibility of passing them, but never actually giving you enough room to do it without being rude.

Oh wait.. you said pet peeves, not "petty peeves"

Comment

i don't care much for sanctimonious folk who are preachily engage others in conflict by making ill-conceived assumptions and accusations. such people clearly lack true intellectual curiousity while presuming to be judgmental. often when you confront such a person in a face-forward and honest manner, he shows his true nature of cowardly impotence.

*heh*
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Spin off of Bard's peeve: people who walk in the middle of the road at Costco. Like they're car proof. Or in fact the people pushing their carts full of little kids blocking aisles, waiting for their 4 free samples of Honey Bunches of Oats.
            Or people whose blinkers are obviously broken, or must be because they dont use them.
            grrrrrrr
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Yeah, that Cosco one has come up before. I appreciate that you haven't seen aunty and uncle in days, but there are probably better places to stage a family reunion rather than in the middle of the main aisle. Some of us have gotten Costco shopping down to a science, and given efficient traffic flow can get in and out in ten minutes... but not when we have to stop every few feet for a big round of hugs.

Comment

Not having MLK day off.

Not thinking far enough ahead to take PTO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                  Oh wait.. you said pet peeves, not "petty peeves"
                  ha. sound like coulda been the origin of the phrase... but googled it:

By definition, a Pet Peeve is a complaint, annoyance or a grievance; favored, cherished, or held above others. Taken literally it almost seems to be an oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    Some of us have gotten Costco shopping down to a science, and given efficient traffic flow can get in and out in ten minutes... but not when we have to stop every few feet for a big round of hugs.
                    uh that was me. i get excited when I see the external hard drives on sale.

Comment

People who have trouble accepting that not everyone in the world operates with the same mind-set as themselves; people who seem to be easily annoyed at the existence of other beings sharing the planet with them; people who find fault in the (to them) unfamiliar or quirky behaviors of other folks; people who get themselves into apoplectic fits (or heart attacks or cancers or at least hypertension) over little, unimportant-in-the-grand-scheme things, like traffic jams (be they on the streets or in the stores.)

Bard has it right: petty.

This world doesn't belong to any single one of us; we share it, and the available space and resource is limited - as is any one person's time on it; don't waste it being upset by the petty.

Oh, and one more peeve: people who get all new-age preachy, like I just did there. Have more FUN, people - and don't hurt anyone in the process!

Comment

Pet Peeve?

Hmmmmm...Yeah, I got one.

Wea's my GLASSES!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My pet peeve of the day that was petted and PETTED this weekend.

People who do not take responsibility for their own children meanwhile fully expecting you to care for them while demanding to maintain all priviledges of a full time caregiver and the right judge (and yell at) you on how you nurture "their" children.

~sigh~
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

-colonialism
                            -globalization
                            -religious fanatics- people who hide behind god
                            -the far right
                            -the far left
                            -the middle- who are too afraid to pick a side
                            -the Asians,filipinos, and whites who pretend to be Hawaiian. or take a pathetic attempt to redefine the definition of "hawaiian/kanka maoli" to identify themselves as "hawaiian/kanaka maoli" to suite their own lack of cultural identity.

No koko = No Hawaiian/Kanaka Maoli

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                              -the far right
                              -the far left
                              -the middle- who are too afraid to pick a side
                              Leaving only those who aren't on the scale at all; the apathetic?

Comment

Working...
                              X