Spam in single slices....mmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam in single slices....mmmm

My fave spam is now available in a one slice pouch! I gots me a coupon for a FREE single package!! Woo hoo!

http://www.spamsingles.com/
    Lovena

Re: Now you come in single slices....mmmm

How much is that per pound, compared to the ordinary stuff?
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Requires no refrigeration. That's amazing, and a little frightening.

I guess these have only been around for a few months. Has anyone actually tried them? I'm sure they're a worse deal by the ounce... but then again, the reason a lot of people shudder at Spam is because of the way the stuff looks and feels coming out of the can.

Maybe it's just because I haven't had breakfast yet, but a single slice of Spam, a single slice of cheese, and two pieces of toast sound like and almost reasonable proposition right now.

Comment

Couldn't find this in my grocery this morning. And I was really hungry too and could've used some spam on the run!
        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Requires no refrigeration. That's amazing, and a little frightening.

Maybe it's just because I haven't had breakfast yet, but a single slice of Spam, a single slice of cheese, and two pieces of toast sound like and almost reasonable proposition right now.
          Oughta be no different than if it was canned.

I been eating spam n egg sammiches this week. Don't know why I had that craving, cause I had it twice. Usually I'm good eating Spam only one time in a few months. Kinda like laulau. I'll eat it once and I'm good for 6 months.

Comment

eric will correct me if i am wrong, but i do believe you can get such a sandwich from richie's across from the kapalama post office for less than $2. =D
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

What's this world comming to when you are to lazy to slice Spam?

Comment

Originally posted by twobacas View Post
                What's this world comming to when you are to lazy to slice Spam?
                I don't know, as I've been fortunate enough to have someone to slice (and fry) it for me. Yes - I am spoiled.

My question would be: since when is one slice enough?

Comment

No need for singles when you have one of these nifty Spam Slicers - I use mine all the time!

I fry up the whole bunch - usually to make spam musubi. BUt if I have extra, I just slice it up into bite-sized pieces, put it in a freezer bag and freeze. They are great for putting into hot saimin as they garnish the meal and act as a "cooler" (ice cube) at the same time! Try it ~ works great!
                  So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I don't know, as I've been fortunate enough to have someone to slice (and fry) it for me. Yes - I am spoiled.

My question would be: since when is one slice enough?
                    Maybe it depends on how big the slice is?
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                      No need for singles when you have one of these nifty Spam Slicers - I use mine all the time!

I fry up the whole bunch - usually to make spam musubi. BUt if I have extra, I just slice it up into bite-sized pieces, put it in a freezer bag and freeze. They are great for putting into hot saimin as they garnish the meal and act as a "cooler" (ice cube) at the same time! Try it ~ works great!
                      Oooohhh, I don't have one of those spam slicers! Hmmm...think I'll email my mom and have her send me one!

I love your idea bout the bite size pieces and freezing them. And then adding to hot saimin!! Thanks so much for the tip! (5 shakas for that!)
                      Lovena

Comment

I wonder what freezer-burnt Spam looks like.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It doesn't get freezer burn if you wrap it with Glad Press 'N Seal and then put it in a freezer bag, silly.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            I wonder what freezer-burnt Spam looks like.
                            But it probably looks the same ~ it's Spam. Cockroaches will fall off the earth before Spam will....

Comment

Ack! My mom emailed me back and said, no mo! She said she checked the Pearl City DonQ and Longs and the Waikele KMart, none at all three. She said the clerk at DonQ said the item is seasonal. I emailed her back, just keep checking.

In the meantime, if they ever came out with da 'super spam log' I get cutter fo that! Muuuaaahhh!

Lovena

Comment

Working...
                              X