New to Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Hawaii

Hi! My husband and I just moved here from Georgia. We're both originally from San Diego but have moved around a lot, due to his job. He works at HPU. I work running my website The TV MegaSite, Inc.

We live downtown and love it here. I really missed living in a big city. So many great restaurants, bars, shops etc. and then there's Waikiki and other parts. I love the fish, the birds, and the plants, too. People are very friendly here, too.

It's a little hot and humid for me, but I hope to get used to it.

Happy Holidays and I look forward to reading and posting more here!

Suzanne Lanoue
    http://suzann.com

Re: New to Hawaii

Malo'e lava mai (welcome) Susi'ana (the Tongan version of your name). You can always spot Tongans and Samoans in Hawai'i culture, they the big kine, latte colored people. They big, but they very gentle kine.

It will be interesting to read your comments and impressions here on HT as a "newbie haole" in Hawai'i. Matapule have a question for you. How does a "liberal Democrat" survive for 16 years living in the scarlet red States of Texas, Alabama, and Georgia? Matapule been to Lubbeck! There is no "there" there! Matapule's pusi'aki son is a graduate (Ag Management) of Texas Tech about 15 years ago. But at least they got the Buddy Holly museum.

For gluten-free support, go to the website of matapule good friend Jaqui Karr at jaquikarr.com. She may be the most knowledgeable person on the subject in the world.

Anyhows Susi'ana, enjoy Hawai'i, you one kine lucky duck.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Aloha Suzanne, and welcome to Oahu!

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Congratulations on your successful move, and I am also looking forward to reading your comments and impressions here on HT as a "newbie haole" in Hawai'i.
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

Well, my husband is a professor, so at least the cities we lived in had universities and that's where the liberals tend to congregate But in general, I didn't advertise my beliefs and didn't much associate with the non-academic locals all that much.

I'm very very glad to be back in a blue state with beaches! Feels much more like home.

Suzanne Lanoue
        http://suzann.com

Comment

Working...
        X