Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you look your age?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    I have always given off the impression that I am older than I am. I believe it is a combo of looks + demeanor, as I have always gotten "you are *only* (age)??"
    When we met outside Starbucks last month, at first you told me you were big and because of your Hawaiiana, when my wife and I parked, I looked at Starbucks and saw this really really really huge kine Tita sitting inside. I told my wife, "I think that's her sitting at the table, she said she was big".

So when you called my name from your car and saw you, I figured you was the daughter because (ahem) in Hilo dey make dem Tita's big, and you wasn't.

Just like Aunty Lynn, both of you two look younger than your age...um 21 right?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Growing up I had to prove that I was young enough to still qualify for child's admission at the movie theater. Today, I have to prove that I'm old enough to purchase alcohol. Though it's getting less frequent, I've been carded more often in my 30's than I did when I was under-21.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

My second eldest boy just turned 21 this past January but his driver's license was issued before that time so there's this red banner over his drivers license that indicates he was under 21 at the time his license was issued. Now he wants to have his card replaced.

Now the new under 21 hawaii driver's license is printed vertically like the permits. Up until now, the older under 21 licenses were printed horizontally with a red banner.

So I have one 18-year old that has a vertical license card that looks like a permit card, and one 21-year old that has a horizontal license card with a red banner that says he's under 21 even though a quick birthday check will say otherwise.

In eithe case both boys feel a bit miffed at their cards. I'm just LMAO at the whole thing.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          This tutu last got carded a year or 2 ago. Really! It happened at McDonald's Nanakuli when I ordered a senior Diet Coke. They actually asked me to prove that I was of legal age...55! I'd long exited my 50s. MADE MY DAY!
          There is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks this is true!

I still get carded for everything and it's definitely welcomed! I get told by a lot of people that I don't look 28 at all. It's like Christmas morning when people tell me I look barely old enough to buy alcohol!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Being that I am coughThirtycoughNinecough at the moment I do not like my age. I have been told that I look at least 3-5 yrs younger.
            My B-Day is this year so oh BOY
            I do remember the carefree teen years when I could not wait to hit adult age but damn, It went tooo frickin fast fo me!

Do have to share this (I was still at Aiea High School at the time) I was shopping at Pearlridge and was in the mood to catch a movie.
            The 4 plex was thriving and "Terminator" just happen to be screening there at the time. So I watzed up to the counter and purchased an ADULT ticket and sure nuff got in. I was 17 at the time so the clerk did not bother to ask being that my stocky/rugged build makes me look older.

When I shared this w/ 2 high school friends on what I did......
            They were jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              When we met outside Starbucks last month, at first you told me you were big and because of your Hawaiiana, when my wife and I parked, I looked at Starbucks and saw this really really really huge kine Tita sitting inside. I told my wife, "I think that's her sitting at the table, she said she was big".

So when you called my name from your car and saw you, I figured you was the daughter because (ahem) in Hilo dey make dem Tita's big, and you wasn't.

Just like Aunty Lynn, both of you two look younger than your age...um 21 right?
              aw Craig, how sweet. Still, I am 5'8" and plus-sized, along with the fact that I got big hair… I have never been "little", but I guess "big" leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                There is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks this is true!
                Thanks! Where do I send the money?
                I still get carded for everything and it's definitely welcomed! I get told by a lot of people that I don't look 28 at all.[...]
                You and AbsolutChaos take the cake for not looking your ages. I hate you both!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

You and AbsolutChaos take the cake for not looking your ages. I hate you both!
                  It's both a blessing and a curse. It's difficult to be taken seriously at work by docs sometimes because I look so young.

Comment

Hated it when I was young, but love looking younger than my age now!!!

People think that my 17 year old son is my boyfriend =/
                    NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

This is a good topic. I have to say that I do not look or act my age. I'm 32 and people still think I am 21 or still in high school. I even got carded on my 21st birthday in Las Vegas, How's that one?
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

During my rascal party daze...I never tried to purchase cigarettes, but I use to purchase beer at 16-17 years old. It was a known fact that this liquor store in my neighborhood sold to minors . Parties were going on every weekend. When I think about it, alcohol was very easy to get a hold of. How scary is that?

It is a big regret now, but I guess it was a learning experience that I will be sure to not let happen to my keikis.

As for my age, people often guess my age as 6-8 years younger, depending on if I get a short haircut.

Comment

I remember during our 10th high school reunion my photo came up and there was a murmur that went across the room, "he still looks the same."

Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. :-)

That was then. This is now. I still look younger than I am but not all that young! I recently saw a former neighbor who is a year younger and he looks much older than me!

Comment

The last time I got carded buying cigarettes, I didn't have my ID. I probably could've just bought them somewhere else, but I walked back home to get my wallet so I could prove to the cashier I was 39.

Most people seem to think I'm in my 20s, but I'll be 41 this year.

My wife is going to kill me if she reads this, but once in a while, someone mistakes me for her son.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                              My wife is going to kill me if she reads this, but once in a while, someone mistakes me for her son.
                              Hanacoocooleilei!!!

You are soooo BUSTED!!!

Women have a way of finding out things.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I used to look young for my age. Raising two kids for the last five years has definitely closed the gap. Now I look all day the way I used to first thing in the morning after a long night.
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X