Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by NoCal Boy

Nothing about the backstory of Mr. Eko??? Does he say he's a priest because of the papers his brother signed, or because he feels "reborn" as a man of God?

C'mon people, where's the love?
    He says he's a priest because the Nigerian Army platoon leader sees the collar and mistakes him for the Army's informant, and if he says anything else he's dead. Then it becomes (I speculate) a convenient cover.

How he gets from Nigeria to Australia to catch the plane is still unexplained.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I for one, was glad they had that "synopsis" episode first last night. I had never seen the show before. Sick in bed I watched this, and was amazed at the story, the acting, pretty much everything. Then the new episode. This show is off the hook! I'm gonna go rent the first season so I can catch up. Can't believe I missed it up until now...

Comment

And I just checked the Oceanic cable guide and last night epsiode is going to air again on Wednesday, Jan 18 at 7:00 pm (HST). New episode airs at 8:00 pm.

Comment

[QUOTE=Linkmeister]He says he's a priest because the Nigerian Army platoon leader sees the collar and mistakes him for the Army's informant, and if he says anything else he's dead. Then it becomes (I speculate) a convenient cover.QUOTE]

I actually meant when Charlie asked if he was a priest, and then Mr. Eko replied that he was. I'm curious as to his motivations for continuing the charade amongst strangers, given their situation.

Comment

Maybe legally Eko is not a priest but he feels that the amount of time spent acting the role of a priest he thinks he is one.

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
              It's Waialua by the Old Sugar Mill. You can see the stack in some shots.
              Cool. What about that church? Also in Waialua?

Want to tell everyone what you saw earlier this week? I also heard that "Lost" was filming at Bob's Big Boy in Mapunapuna, at least on Wednesday. Definitely if anyone spots a "Lost" film crew, I want to know!

Comment

You should try to get people to take pictures ... like before and after. I'll try go get one of the Nigerian village one of these days.
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Don't really think this should go here... but just noticed on Craigslist that someone is looking for people with "Lost" knowledge to be "Tour Guides"

I'm assuming you would take tourists to different locations where Lost was shot at....

I won't re-post it here...as per Craigslist policy...they don't want you listing there stuff elsewhere....

See the thur. jan. 12 honolulu Craigslist Jobs section if interested

Comment

"Lost" won the Golden Globe award last night for best TV drama series.

A listing of winners at this link: http://www.hfpa.org/news/id/26

Congratulations to the cast and crew of "Lost".
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Good to see an Ooklah The Moc record was stashed in the vault...

Comment

Questions and more questions. I don't remember the passenger manifest and names, for one.

Fun: if you do a Google search for Geronimo Jackson, the second or third link is to a blog entry called "soquoted" or something like that, speculating on the name.

Comment

On one hand Jack, John, Sawyer and Kate finally manage to meet the other guys on the island. On the other hand no one bothered to ask why they wanted Walt or any other question that started with Why, but I suspose that might be the plot of future episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                            Questions and more questions. I don't remember the passenger manifest and names, for one.
                            Hurley conducted a census last season. That's how he determined Eathan wasn't a survivor of the crash.

The Geronimo Jackson bit was bizarre. A completely fictional musical group or artist, mentioned quite prominently. Poor Geronimo Jackson, born October 2004 in Oregon. "Lost" fans have actually signed that unsuspecting family's baby guestbook. "Did your son make an obscure album in the 1970's?"

Thanks to Mel for the "Ooklah The Moc" mention. I wasn't able to identify any of the albums that Charlie and Hurley were flipping through, and I was wondering if they were all fictional (when they wouldn't be, given the Mama Cass and other real songs we've seen played).
                            Originally posted by helen
                            On the other hand no one bothered to ask why they wanted Walt or any other question that started with Why
                            Welcome to the basic construct of fiction. Every movie, show, or book in the world would be pretty darn short if people, you know, actually stopped for a moment and just talked to each other. "Lost" in particular is full of "just tell him/her already!" moments... as well as "kill anyone off who knows anything" moments!

The name Alex surfaces again. Locke challenges Sawyer on his alias (sounded like Locke is familiar with the name). In the flashback, hints that infidelity might be an intergenerational issue... and we see why Sarah left the good doctor, but leaving me wonder, for whom?

And, yeah, a line has been drawn, and Jack is not going to be told where he can and can't go. An army? Talk about escalation!

Anyone know where the hospital exteriors were shot? Straub on S. King, maybe? I heard the interiors were filmed in Mililani, probably at the clinic there.

Comment

I didn't state that well. I remember the census, I just don't remember any fuss being made about survivors' names being different from the manifest.

And had I been "Sawyer," when Locke asked me where I got the name, I'd have said what might have not been true but would have been obvious: "From Mark Twain, of course."
                              Last edited by Linkmeister; January 19, 2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

LOST: Trimming the fat

Isn't it about time the show LOST begins to trim the fat off of one of it's characters....I mean literally. 50 days on the island where food is scarce, shouldn't Hurley start dropping some pounds??

Comment

Working...
                                X