Heroes - Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes - Season 3

The premier/preview party and the new season of Heroes starts tonight!

So far in the premier party stuff they're reviewing the characters and their powers that have been shown in the previous season, kinda like a refresher course. They've shown some of the Trekkie easter eggs from the previous season too.

So do you think it's going to be as good as the start of the show was (before the last season of lameness). Do you think the wait has harmed the story? Do you think the wait will have helped in the long run?

Here's the last page of the former thread for review:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ighlight=heros

Re: Heroes - Season 3

Due to other factors I missed what seems to be 3 weeks worth of episodes (it said Chapter 4 tonight) so a lot of stuff seem disjointed.

And then other stuff stays the same like seeing the future, traveling thru time and waffles.

New stuff like Nikki is one of triplet girls? Linderman a ghost, good guys now are bad guys in the future while bad guys now are good guys in the future.

Comment

I think some stuff *is* disjointed right now, even if you had seen all the eps, Helen. Chapter 4 is about the villains, though. One thing I found interesting is that HRG said the Company always works with "one of them" (I assume, one of the villains, if the Company represents the good guys). One of them, one of us.

Comment

I find season 3 to be bizarre, for the same reasons pointed out. Things like seeing Sylar as a "good" guy are interesting enough, but I think season 1 was successful in its simplicity and character driven drama. They risk losing a bit of the audience when things become convoluted.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the lack of character development for Hiro. He came a long way when he did eulogy for his father.

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        I think some stuff *is* disjointed right now, even if you had seen all the eps, Helen. Chapter 4 is about the villains, though. One thing I found interesting is that HRG said the Company always works with "one of them" (I assume, one of the villains, if the Company represents the good guys). One of them, one of us.
        It's not the first time he said that. This was established in Cautionary Tales (2.09):

Noah: "So who's your partner?"
        Mohinder: "Excuse me?"
        Noah: "Company policy. One of us, one of them. Who's yours?"

Comment

Tonight's episode highlights:

1) Linderman is an illusion not a ghost.
          2) Hiro simply stabs Ando because someone says to do so.
          3) Nathan wasn't born with the power, he was enhanced with treatment.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed with my favorite character on the show. And he wonders why his best friend would kill him in the future!

Arthur Petrelli seems to be a frightening guy, I wonder how that will play out?

Vortex guy seemed kind of interesting, even if he was sort of like Ted Sprague 2.0.

Is the guy with Meredith another telepath? How many are running around? Arthur's words to Angela seemed to imply he'd freeze her in place, sort of like what the aforementioned guy did with Meredith. That would bring our tally up to ... 4 telepaths, not including Peter?

I can't wait for the next episode.
            Last edited by Vanguard; October 14, 2008, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I feel like the writers of the show are going too far.

Mohinder is on a super-drug, and it's influencing his behavior. Ok, I get that. Peter gained Sylar's "hunger". Hmm... It's a bit of a stretch, but ok, I can go along with that one too. But come on, Sylar suddenly wants to be a good guy just because Angela Patrelli says she's his mama? No way. ...and now you're trying to tell me Hiro kills Ando? For what? To prove himself worthy of some super-villain league? No way.

I know it's a show about people with super-powers, but come on, try to make it a little believable.

Comment

I don't think anyone believes Hiro killed Ando, how could Ando then threaten to kill Hiro later on? It's obviously a ploy to infiltrate the organization.

This new 'save the world' direction of not allowing propagation of 'specials' is insidious. Although it appears the analogy is with nuclear weaponry, it fits best with the policy of keeping the majority fat, dumb and happy 'for their own ignorant benefit,' since wisdom is the only real 'special power' and danger to the current regime.
                Last edited by salmoned; October 14, 2008, 09:50 AM.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Hiro can simply pull a previous incarnation of Ando from the past. Still, his nonchalant attitude toward killing him is crazy. It makes perfect sense why Ando would want to kill Hiro in the future.

See how calm Hiro was in the season 2 finale when he told Ando that Adam has been put away in a safe place? Maybe that was simply a gateway to more cruelty.

I said it before and I'll say it again -- I hate what they're doing to Hiro!

Comment

So this week's episode shows what Hiro did before he stabed Ando. So in a way his character is redeemed. Of course him trying to sneak up on the guy who can paint the future was kind of funny.

I am kind of wondering how Sylar fits in with being the brothers of Nathan and Peter.

Comment

For those that missed any shows and forgot to tape/dvr/record it, Netflix has the newest episode every Tuesday for instant viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by princessdiz View Post
                        For those that missed any shows and forgot to tape/dvr/record it, Netflix has the newest episode every Tuesday for instant viewing.
                        Or you can go to the NBC site.

I'm using their NBC Direct Beta program to subscribe a few select shows, so it automatically downloads the episodes as soon as they are available online.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Or you can use hulu!

Comment

Been noticing this week and last week that some times during the airing of Heroes the vocal audio drops out, the background music audio however seems to be okay. Anyone outside of Hawaii notice this too?

One of the scenes in question is just before Noah Bennet meets up with Nathan and Nikki's sister.
                            Last edited by helen; October 27, 2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I'm not experiencing the problem with OTA recording, maybe it's a cable problem.
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X