Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Bento from Pee Wee Drive In.

Actually, this was a mistake on my part. I thought it was a breakfast bento, but it was a regular bento ... fried chicken, hot dog, home-made corned beef hash patty, slice of luncheon meat (not Spam), and a slice of Japanese-style omelet. The omelet threw me off ... I thought it was breakfast. But it was way too much for breakfast, so I was sleepy for the rest of the day. It was ono, though.

Comment

I have been driving (or riding) past Pee Wee my whole life and have never stopped in. You are, in fact, the first person I've heard make mention of having eaten there. Do you go there regularly? What's good?

Seems like it's closed more than it's open. Does it have weird hours?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I have been driving (or riding) past Pee Wee my whole life and have never stopped in. You are, in fact, the first person I've heard make mention of having eaten there. Do you go there regularly? What's good?

Seems like it's closed more than it's open. Does it have weird hours?
        I don't go there regularly, just every now and then. It's a very old-fashioned drive inn—been there a long time. I personally like their hamburger deluxe (very old-fashioned), but they are well-known for their mahi burger. Their plate lunches are also popular, but I've never tried them. If you like old-fashioned drive-inns, like the old Chunky's or Burgerland on Kapahulu, you'll like this place.

The only downside are their hours (not open at nights, closed on Sundays), and parking (very similar to W&M Drive-Inn). Here's a link to an interesting review on Reid's Ono Kine Grindz. Check out the comments as well.

Comment

Right now Strawberry Pop Tarts. Later, pancakes or french toast at some restaurant in Kaneohe.

Comment

Portuguese sausage, homemade hash browns, cheese biscuits, orange juice, jazz on the radio.

Comment

Bacon, scrambled eggs, rice and Kona coffee.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ahi, over easy eggs, 2 scoops rice. Fuel from the heavens!!!!

Comment

Plate lunch, manapua and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Can of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

2 local poached eggs, whole grain toast w/ butter, papaya & coffee

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke with lime.

Comment

Sun-dried tomato bagel with cucumber-dill cream cheese. And a 16-oz. Rockstar.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

I had the Ashtray Special: Two Sausage McMuffins and a 1-liter Diet Pepsi. Paid for with change found in car ashtray. One day 'til payday.
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X