Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "AllSportsRadio1420," hah!

Originally posted by Media Guy View Post
    You will all be happy to hear ESPN 1420 has listened to the complaints and is efforting to carry some of the playoffs, but they will definitely carry the ALCS, NLCS and World Series!

WNBA?? You are being facetious aren't you?
    That's good, if you're right.

Meanwhile, if you were stuck in early drive time traffic, you didn't get to hear the Dodgers' two-out rally in the bottom of the ninth today to take a 2-0 lead in their NLDS series with the Cardinals.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I'm right.
      No, I watched it in all its glory in high definition. Actually all 3 games yesterday and today.

Comment

I'm right.
        No, I watched it in all its glory in high definition. Actually all 3 games yesterday and today.
        I meant the broad population of "you," not you specifically.

So are you privy to numbers of complaints received by the station? I never did get a reply from Curran to the e-mail I sent him yesterday.

Comment

Didn't hear how many complaints.
          Try contacting Chris Hart. He's the station's program manager. I sentyou his email address via pm.

Comment

It occurs to me that they've got college football scheduled all day Saturday and NFL football most of Sunday, so they can't put on baseball at the same time. Their saying they'd make an effort to air the Divisional Series still means that Monday might be the earliest they could.

So it might have been just a way to fob complainers off. Yes, I'm cynical.

Comment

The rights fees are apparently more than they think they can sell in advertising, plus they also have the problem of conflicting with UH sports, which they do pay a lot for those rights.
              That is pretty much what it comes down to. Reportedly, money for operations has been tight at KKEA as of late. This year was the first time I can remember the station not sending Don Robbs on the road with the UH baseball team and instead, relying on the home team's broadcast feed.

I know, I know! Baseball playoffs versus UH Wahine volleyball? Then again, look at all the NFL games 1420 doesn't broadcast.
              The station's owner even has an ownership interest in the San Francisco Giants.
              It doesn't appear that Duane Kurisu's stake in the Giants entitles him to any special favors with MLB. It didn't stop MLB from withdrawing its participation with Kurisu's Hawaii Winter Baseball League, did it? So I don't know if he's entitled to any special deals on radio rights for the baseball playoffs.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                That is pretty much what it comes down to. Reportedly, money for operations has been tight at KKEA as of late. This year was the first time I can remember the station not sending Don Robbs on the road with the UH baseball team and instead, relying on the home team's broadcast feed.

Yep, tight across most mediums.

It doesn't appear that Duane Kurisu's stake in the Giants entitles him to any special favors with MLB. It didn't stop MLB from withdrawing its participation with Kurisu's Hawaii Winter Baseball League, did it? So I don't know if he's entitled to any special deals on radio rights for the baseball playoffs.
                Thanks, that what I meant. He's an owner and can't get a break on rights fees, except of course Giants broadcasts

Comment

WNBA?? You are being facetious aren't you?
                  No, I'm being serious. They are the best women basketball players in the world. Diana Taurasi is the Kobe Bryant of women's basketball.

Comment

Like it or not. Hawaii's listening audience isn't even a bleep on the ratings of ESPN raido, plus 1420 has to pay for the broadcasting rights.
                    The first game of today's triple header was at 4pm Eastern time, 10am HST. We aren't anything towards the national advertising revenue.
                    I know its hard to believe, but we're right below Green bay and ahead of Des Moine. Hawaii is # 72 out of the top 100 markets.
                    Most of Hawaii's audience watch it on TV versus radio, and Oceanic doesn't have to pay for the rights to so TBS broadcasts.
                    So apparently, KMVI (Maui) and KKON / KHLO (Big Island) have a bigger budget when it comes to broadcasting rights? All three stations are broadcasting the playoffs.

KKEA is more interested in Football. Whether it be UH / College / NFL / or Football Odds shows (I thought gambling was illegal in Hawaii).

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                      It occurs to me that they've got college football scheduled all day Saturday and NFL football most of Sunday, so they can't put on baseball at the same time. Their saying they'd make an effort to air the Divisional Series still means that Monday might be the earliest they could.

So it might have been just a way to fob complainers off. Yes, I'm cynical.
                      Monday night? You're kidding right? Baseball over Monday Night Football. KKEA would never do it. Back in 2005 it was the 5th game of the Division Series between the Yankees / Angels, and MNF took precedence.

Comment

baseball vs. football... no contest... football all the way (personal preference)... but besides that... listening to baseball on the radio is boring and slow compared to football, basketball and volleyball. imho...

Comment

Working...
                        X