The Threat of "Obamacare"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Threat of "Obamacare"

An interesting article on places with the highest longevity. Just in case you miss it, the places with the longest longevity have universal health care. So as you can see "Obamacare" death panels take away your freedom to die at an early age. This is why pro life people oppose health mandated by big gubmint. Its called anti-logic.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-10...165933132.html

Re: The Threat of "Obamacare"

For many, they're 'pro-life' until the moment after birth, then you're on your own, unless they can legally kill you.
    The same hypocrtiticism exists with them wanting gvmt. out of people's lives, except where they want it extremely involved, which is where most folk want them far away.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I realy don't understand those folks logic. It baffles me!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        I realy don't understand those folks logic. It baffles me!
        I don't think it's all that complicated. Why is the US "the great Satan" to the Islamist fundamentalists? It's the same. The world is changing and turning away from traditional village life, where the old men were the centers of authority and the keepers of the faith. Remember "Fiddler on the Roof"? The villagers don't want to change -- it seems wrong, and very unfair that they should be forced to relinquish their control over their women and their children. The old ways were best.
        Greg

Comment

The more a government assumes control, the less control the citizens have.
          Obama is scary. AMERICA is scary! When did we last have "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness?"
          I remember having the illusion of it, in grade school, some 50 years ago....
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

In today's world, where this country is so much about cutting people lose to fend for themselves and thus suffer and die, under the banner of freedom, the theory of getting gvmt. out of people's lives and let them make their own decisions lies the real agenda of casting them off into oblivion, usually so the upper level mgt. gets rich. Just because gvmt. has often screwed things up and left us all pissed off doesn't mean there is no place for regulated service, it just needs to be overseen better and not enriching the top end in lieu of putting those monies to better use for the ones it's designed for. It's corporate corruption that is the problem. Regulation is good, as long as the regulators are regulated, in multiple if need be.

Comment

But somebody's always got control. Is it really so great that private insurance companies can chose to kick you off your insurance if you get sick, or chose to not cover what you have wrong with you? My last few years with Blue Cross I assumed a true hatred for the organization, every quarter the rates went up and every month or two a notice would arrive that they would not be covering this, this, and this. SCREW THEM. They should burn in hell! Is it really that bad that insurance companies have to let your kids stay on your policy until they are 26? The whole reason you even have a government is to take care of things people can't or won't take care of themselves. Even Medicare and Social Security: a fairly small tax from each pay check goes to buy this cheaply (1.5% of cost) administered insurance is "government control". Let business take care of quality control for food products? Be serious! Or for worker safety? Or in the securities markets? Or environmental safety? The reason you even need an EPA is because it is so economical to companies that happen to produce poison byproducts to just dump them in rivers, the air, the sea--if there were any marketplace incentive to not pollute there wouldn't be any need for the EPA. Regulating business which includes health insurance only happens because the decisions from the marketplace are not always in the public interest, and that includes you and your kids. No, you do not want to eat contaminated food and drink contaminated water or have your health insurance company tell you they will not pay for something that would save your life. Where government regulation becomes absurd is in regulating peoples' private lives, their sex lives or their choice in refreshments; given that people are not harming other people they should be left alone and applies in business, too.

Comment

Right on Kalalau! I agree with your positions.
                The reasons for Government to be involved in certain topics and not in others.
                Well done!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

K, your reply backs up my stated position. It's good when it's good, and bad when it's bad.

Comment

I had MSNBC on this morning, they mentioned that Roberts has written the decision. That probably means at least some of the law will be overturned. Although they had one analyst on who pointed out that at least once he has sided with the liberals, I think that was the Arizona are your papers in order decision. Tomorrow the decision will be made public. This is the court that gave us "president" GW Bush and Citizens United making it legal for rich people (corporations) even if they are foreign to buy all the advertising they want to buy whatever government they want, as if the Republicans didn't have enough advantages already. Yet...the insurance companies are said to be very happy with Obamacare, it means 50 million new customers and nobody argues with that. It will be interesting to see how the Republican supreme ct. rules.

Comment

The vast majority love Obamacare, most just don't realize it because they've been stupidized to react negatively to the label ((((OBAMACARE)))). But when polled without the label and only posing the individual points of the former bill, they overwhelmingly support virtually all of it. That's what happens when you have a willingly ignorant public that refuses to educate themselves on the issues beyond listening to the biased or limited media of their choice.

Comment

Justice Thomas will be ruling on the case even though he has major conflicts of interest. Maybe he will be honest. He might even have an honest reason for ruling against Obamacare. But it does not look good for the supreme ct. to rule in cases with conflict of interest.

Comment

I hope Obamacare survives, but it doesn't follow that I support the government forcing its citizens to buy private insurance products, because I don't. That part of it is a lousy idea (government should provide the insurance, paid for by taxes). I also support the Court's decision not to allow restrictions on political advertising. I like to see the Court defending free speech, even when that has some unfortunate consequences. Freedom is worth putting up with some occasional inconveniences.
                          Greg

Comment

Obamacare upheld in a 5-4 vote with CJ Roberts voting with the majority, although the commerce clause of the Constitution doesn't permit the individual mandate to buy health insurance, it is sustained under the congress' power to tax. Whew!

Comment

Yet we see the hard core court cons siding as usual against the best interest of the Nation. Ugly America lost big time on this, and the rest of us dodged a nuke. Most cons are livid! And this foolishness that it will energize them in Nov. is laughable, they were already insane enmass with torches and pitchforks in hand, foaming at the mouth for election day. It hardly hands it to Romney as FAUX NEWS is crying. Dancing days, baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X