New Chief Supports Fireworks Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Chief Supports Fireworks Ban

Fireworks are also banned in Chinatown! Still, there were those who had sparklers and kiddie poppers bringing in the New Years. Most everyone were watching the firework display from Aloha Towers. The streets were clear of smoke and rubbish of red papers.

I didn't need to use my inhaler one time last night or this morning.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      There was actually a helicopter flying around my part of the island last night about 9:00pm; search lights and everything.
      A friend in Kaneohe told me about a helicopter with searchlights too. If an aerial went up, the helicopter would mark the house with the light and squad cars would move in.

I just stayed home with my wife so we could watch our dog who is too old to get tranqs so they give her valium...go figure lol. But the aerials that go off are not the kind on the stick but the professional kind that gets loaded in a tube. Yeah it's been outta hand for a long time. I'm glad they're taking extra measures to bust these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Donna
        You folks gotta move to Launani Valley. The place was quiet, fireworks could be heard in the distance, but nothing around these parts. We live in townhomes, so our "association" has restricted fireworks on the property. Although we couldn't escape the inevitable plume of smoke which evenutally drifted into the valley, it wasn't as bad as when we used to live in Mililani proper.
        Hey! I used to do construction accounting and pay the bills for Towne Realty, which built those townhomes! (If you got complaints about 'em, take 'em elsewhere, though!) I even sat through a couple of Parade of Homes weekends at some of 'em. That's a really nice quiet part of Oahu.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          Hey! I used to do construction accounting and pay the bills for Towne Realty, which built those townhomes! (If you got complaints about 'em, take 'em elsewhere, though!) I even sat through a couple of Parade of Homes weekends at some of 'em. That's a really nice quiet part of Oahu.
          I have no complaints. My unit had some shifting before we bought, but it looks like they put down some very sizeable support beams to stop it from sliding down the hill. All is well now.

Yes, we're really enjoying this area. I just wish they had a gas station and mini-mart at the entrance of the valley so we wouldn't have to drive into Mililani proper to fill up.

Comment

Working...
          X