Fireworks and July 4th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks and July 4th!

Soon fireworks will be going on sale for the July 4th celebrations. I'm gonna celebrate our Independence and the usual fanfare of BBQ, drinks, and having good fun. However, I can't stand the smoke nor the popping sounds of fireworks...due to health reasons. I don't mind ariel firework shows that are organized...it's beautiful.

Do you buy fireworks for New Years and July 4th to celebrate or because it's just a have must thing (local)? Whateva's, just want to know if you're celebrating and how?

auntie lynn aka auntie pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Fireworks and July 4th!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Whateva's, just want to know if you're celebrating and how?

yea, I'll celebrating, and how!

Comment

Ala Moana SC fireworks show! (looks like this will be a tradition for us)

Beforehand, I might catch the bus and buy some things from the various sales.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

We rarely buy fireworks anymore and usually go picnicking in a park and stay for the fireworks show on the 4th.

Comment

i dunno wat we going do. maybe jus stay home cook kaukau and watchem on tv lidat... but if da wife like i guess i gotta bring her go see da fireworks eh? lol
          Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

I hate 'em. Not that I've got anything against fireworks, but they scare the heck out of my dog. I have to give her several sedatives. Hopefully the 4th won't be as bad as New Year's Eve; it usually isn't.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

My building is quite particular about posting large signs on every wall and on every elevator door on every floor reminding us that fireworks are strictly prohibited on my building's property and they'll have us arrested.

Hence, for me it's all about seeing the public displays elsewhere. I'll probably brave the crowds at Ala Moana by walking over to the mall from my place so I don't have to deal with parking/driving.

I hope to go to Kailua for their show one of these years too.

Happy 4th of July everybody! Be safe and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                yea, I'll celebrating, and how!
                Not like last year, Stubby.
                Gotta throw 'em quicker, save the other nine.
                heh

Comment

hahaha! "Stubby"??? Really, Kimo. Gotta set those suckers off before you're in your cups or you might light the wrong end of one of those M-16s.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Who's neighborhood is smoky right now?

There's some people who has firecrackers, and a lot of kids are playing with the sparklers and what not.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I really don't like fireworks anymore. The neighbor's kids are absolutely horrible. They set the banana tree next to our house on fire once, and didn't say anything about it (how nice of them). It's a good thing we saw it before it became too dangerous for us to take care of. And now we have to worry about them wrecking our cars or doing something to the dogs in our backyard (they nearly hit my dad's truck with a steel bar, my mom had fun yelling out the window at them). It's just way more stressful than it needs to be. The neighbors dont even bother watching their kids (their little girl was running around the street and pulling their dog around dangerous by her legs, no adults in sight). We will stay home the entire time and watch the house and animals, we have no choice. The only bright spot is that mom is gonna make vinegar pork and teriyaki chicken on the hibachi, which always rocks. If we're lucky, we can stand outside our house and watch the fireworks from Ala Moana or where ever in the distance.
                      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                        They set the banana tree next to our house on fire once, and didn't say anything about it (how nice of them).

how da heck can they do that!? a banana tree is 80% water! cut it and sap and juice goes everywhere!

Comment

Remeber to lay in a supply of Benedryl for your dogs
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            how da heck can they do that!? a banana tree is 80% water! cut it and sap and juice goes everywhere!
                            Some of the leaves were dead and they set those on fire, and some of the dried grass below.
                            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                              Some of the leaves were dead and they set those on fire, and some of the dried grass below.

what did you notice first:
                              that yer neighborhood kids are horrible, or that no one in your household trims dead foliage on your property?

I always keep a sharpened machette handy. Even with gardeners coming twice a month, I gotta keep alllll the banana trees trimmed, as well as the hapu'u tree ferns and palm trees trimmed. It's just a messy hazard otherwise.
                              besides. the banana trees produce faster and fuller when you keep them trimmed.

Comment

Working...
                              X