Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Series You NEED to Get on DVD

I'm probably the only person who remembers it, but I'd love to get a DVD set of the 1993 Fox series "Key West". Fisher Stevens as the lottery winner/wannabe Hemingway & Jennifer Tilly as the "hooker with a heart of gold". The show was like a tropical Northern Exposure. I could relate after living in South Florida for the 6 years prior to my move to Hawaii. Humor & drama mixed with eccentric characters and a unique setting. I spent many a lost weekend there in college, chasing girls, visiting with the real Capt. Tony, and chasing Jimmy Buffett's ghost all over Duval Street.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
      If memory serves, didn't "The Wonder Years" film an episode in Hawaii in the early 90s?
      Perhaps your thinking of LIFE GOES ON which I think aired on the same night during the same era as WONDER YEARS. Don Ho appeared on the episode of LIFE GOES ON.

Aj

Comment

My list of must-haves on DVD:

Lost (I have the first 2 seasons; I'm just waiting for Season 3)

Firefly (gotta love Captain Tightpants)

Buck Rogers (cheeseball, but I still love it)

Father of the Pride (cute little DreamWorks animated show about the animals in Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden)

Kindred: The Embraced (short-lived show based on the Vampire: The Masquerade RPG)

Highlander: The Raven (spinoff of the Highlander TV show; it starred Elizabeth Ward Gracen)

seaQuest DSV (my personal favorite)

Smallville (although I wish Tom Welling would get rid of that Frodo hair)

Angel

V: The Complete Series

Superboy

War of the Worlds

Comment

I could never find Kindred: The Embraced DVD set.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            I could never find Kindred: The Embraced DVD set.
            I ordered mine through Amazon.com, and it didn't take very long to get here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              Add that to my demand for ... The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
              Volume one is scheduled for release October 23, 2007, with a likely release of volume two about 3-4 months after that, then the same timeline for volume three.

Comment

Friends is the only series we have all the complete set of. Mash, All In The family, Gilmore Girls, America's Funniest Videos, oh goodness, there are so many I could dig. I have Oprah's 20Yr. Anniversary set and that's a keeper. Blue Collar Comedy, I want to own all of the redneck jokes and comedy routines that I can, though a few are just dumb, but that's okay cuz we can fast-forward when needed.

Eddie Izzard! Yes and standup by several other comedians, though they aren't on just one tv series/set. I think I'll read this entire thread since I haven't, yet and see a good number that I've forgotten I liked a lot.
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

One series that I keep wishing would get a DVD release is Room 222. I always thought that show not only had entertainment value, but it was educational as well. Presented some moral dilemmas that made young people think for themselves instead of telling them what to do. But year after year, that show has gotten the shaft. Not even a "Best Of" set has come out. Unbelievable!

Meanwhile, garbage like Saved By The Bell is released in its entirety. Is there no justice in this world?
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Meanwhile, garbage like Saved By The Bell is released in its entirety. Is there no justice in this world?
                    Hey, I liked Saved by the Bell.

They had better stuff then than what they have on now.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      "The State" - sketch comedy show that ran a few seasons on MTV; potential DVD release has been held up for years due to negotiations over the rights.
                      Sometimes, I get what I wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                        Perhaps your thinking of LIFE GOES ON which I think aired on the same night during the same era as WONDER YEARS. Don Ho appeared on the episode of LIFE GOES ON.

Aj
                        You are correct sir! I stand corrected.

Comment

wkrp

barney miller

Comment

Just got in PERRY MASON, Season One, Volumes 1 & 2 off e-Bay. Bought Perry Mason, Season Two, Volume 1, from Sam's Club. I actually have all 271 episodes taped off TBS from over 15 years ago.

THE FUGITIVE, Season One, from Wal-Mart. Even though I have my own set of dubbed episodes from VHS to DVD-R (all 120 episodes). These were shown on cable between 1989-91.

Comment

I'll be getting Heroes on DVD when I get the chance to go to Walmart. I've been collecting Will and Grace, I currently have seasons 1 to 5. I want Kyle XY too.
                              "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

oh there's so many tv shows from long ago. I only have a few DVD sets... then my hubby and I got a netflix account and have been watching tv series that way.

Currently in our queue:

Star Trek Voyager Season 6 (been watching since Season 1).
                                Hawaiian Five-0 Seasons 1 and 2
                                Northern Exposure (never saw this; but hubby loves it -- so he wants to introduce me to it)

We mix it up a little... not so back-to back; I enjoy watching series via netflix.
                                ~Aloha! Christina~
                                Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X