Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Honua > The American Asylum
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 24th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ali`i

Angry Mass shooting at Empire State Building

Here is the latest sugar high for all you GUN NUTS out there! More people shot, more people dead. What is it going to take to wake up the most violent society in the industrialized world?

This is insane. STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Mass shooting at Empire State Building

The bigger picture is how to address the violence in society. This report about the killing included:
Quote:
The gunfire came less than two weeks after a knife-wielding man was shot dead by police near another tourist-saturated part of the city
Unless you mean the actual topic of the thread to be "gun control"?
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Ali`i

Strict knife control now!
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Ali`i

Please guys, do not hijack the thread. We are talking about "shooting" which implies guns. Do the polite thing and start your own thread if you want to talk about knives.

There has been an increase in gun violence over the years as more guns are incorporated into the population. I advocate for STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Ali`i

I think of all the victims the ones I feel sorriest for are the students at Columbine High. So young. So naive. Still under the protection of their parents' wings, boys and girls so innocent and young, truly they had their glorious happy teen years ripped away and destroyed. Sometimes I put myself in their shoes, how it would have been at age 15 or 16 in the lunch room to suddenly see dozens of friends shot, bodies torn apart. Its bad enough when adult soldiers have to experience that carnage, but children! How f'd up their heads will be for the rest of their lives. And not just the ones who actually witnessed the carnage, but all the students at that school, those who had friends who were slaughtered and mangled and those who didn't happen to know any of the victims.

I guess its kind of like getting on an airplane, you just hope it will be one of the 99.999% that has a pleasant uneventful flight. So you send your kids to school or go to a theater or go to a mall and just assure yourself the odds are strongly on your side that you or your kids will not become a victim. You play the odds.
Old August 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Ali`i

Not that I don't wish for the same end as you, mata, but if guns are gone there'll be more meat cleaver mass murders, like we've seen happen. Horrendous actions are where we are as a society, cleaning up Dodge City of guns isn't going to change things much, and I want availability to mass protection.
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Ali`i

Cool Police shoot innocents at Empire State Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by matapule View Post
Here is the latest sugar high for all you GUN NUTS out there! More people shot, more people dead. What is it going to take to wake up the most violent society in the industrialized world?

This is insane. STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
Perhaps the insanity is elsewhere.

What is going to wake up YOU????

The most gun-controlled places in the USA are also the most violent. Or have you not been listening? Obviously, you have not. Did you ignore the valid statistics I posted?

The most violent countries in Central America are having people come to the USA to ESCAPE gun violence! Duh.

The NRA recently released a report that said: with the coming presidential election, more anti-gun nuts are going to try to convince people to re-elect Obama, who is negotiating with the UN to put our gun rights in foreign hands. I guess they saw YOU coming!

It appears that you are a pawn of the ultra-rich, like George Soros, who want to have their armed guards but want to deny protection for honest citizens.

Police protection? Mayor Bloomberg himself admitted that eight of the nine people shot in New York were shot by police!

"8 Of Those Injured In Shooting Were Shot By Police
From The Village Voice:
Mayor Mike Bloomberg confirmed at a press conference this morning that there's a chance some of the victims were accidentally shot by police who were trying to take out the initial gunman, 53-year-old Jeffery Johnson. We're told eight of those wounded were shot by police, who were returning fire at Johnson, who pointed a 45-caliber handgun at officers and witnesses say fired at least one round. However, it's unclear whether he actually fired the weapon.
Before any alarm bells are rung, it should be noted that Johnson drew his gun on officers before fatally meeting the business end of a cop's service weapon, so the police were more than justified in taking him out. But the fact remains: eight people were shot by police this morning."
The NRA, who you seem to despise, is the ONE organization that is really trying to stop accidental gun violence. They have free classes on the safe storage and handling of firearms, open to every man, woman and child - even to anti-gun nuts.

Mata, I share your Pagan respect for life, but even Pagans realize eventually we all die. Whether by gun, accident, age or disease, we all die. Our world is already overpopulated. Violence is not a disease, but a symptom.

My opinion - you are seriously deluded. You have been brainwashed and tricked by some anti-gun political faction that wants to take away our rights and control our actions.

You are entitled by our BILL OF RIGHTS FREEDOMS, one of which is the second amendment you seem to hate, to not only have your opinion, but to spew your vile propaganda in sensationalist fashion anywhere you choose - in America, anyway.

Your posts border on lies. This was hardly a mass shooting; one man shot another, and the police shot eight innocent civilians. Typical.

Your spew should be: "Strict Police Control Now!"

I know this won't change your tack, but at least other, innocent readers may not be fooled by you any longer.
Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Last edited by Kaonohi; August 25th, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Ali`i

In the event of an extreme emergency, typewriters are thrown at whoever is invading.

See "Mars Attacks"
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Ali`i

Exclamation Re: Police shoot innocents at Empire State Building

The most gun-controlled places in the USA are also the most violent. Or have you not been listening? Obviously, you have not. Did you ignore the valid statistics I posted?

Well here they are again!

Matapule claims the US is the industrialized nation with the most violence?

BS, an an open-faced lie.

Murder rates
USA 4.2

Other industrialized nations:
Brazil 21
Russia 10.2
Venezuela 45.1

Many other pre-industrialized nations have rates well exceeding those.
India has more actual intentional deaths than any country in the world, and they, too are an industrialized nation.
Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Ali`i

Strict industrialization control now?