• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic National Convention 2008

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Keahi Tucker is over there for KGMB9.

KITV's Shawn Ching is at the DNC.

Don't know who they sent for KHNL.
    No, I was referring to the upcoming local plans for the GOP Convention, I know KHON is going there, what about the other stations?

KHNL has Kauai State Senator Gary Hooser over there at the DNC as I recall.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
      No doubt Rush Limbaugh will refer to the girls as "the White House dogs" like he did with Chelsea Clinton.
      Rush has so much room to talk, I mean what a GQ cover model he is, what a ladies man, the girls cannot resist.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        No, I was referring to the upcoming local plans for the GOP Convention, I know KHON is going there, what about the other stations?
        I would think so. Especially since Linda Lingle will be speaking on the second day of the convention.

What I wonder about is,.... will any of the local stations be breaking away from their regularly scheduled programming in order to provide a live broadcast when Gov. Lingle is at the podium? Or will folks have to tune in to C-SPAN? It's doubtful that networks like CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News will be televising Lingle's speech.
        Last edited by Frankie's Market; August 26, 2008, 01:24 PM.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
          what a ladies man, the girls cannot resist.
          Adolescent girls have enough problems, add Rush making national fun of you to the mix....

He also thought it was really funny when the Clinton's dog was killed in traffic. He laughed and laughed.

Class act.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

The Democrats have it backwards!!!!!!! If they want to win the Whitehouse, the ticket should be Biden for President and Obama for VP. In 8 years it would be Obama for Pres. and maybe Hillary for VP.

Just my opinion.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Lingle at the convention, what a joke!
              This will be the most important thing she's done as yet another worthless do-nothing governor for this State.

Ol' Teddy was pretty good for his part! Probably his last hurrah, but the dream will continue. It's all we've got thanx to Bush and his gang.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I LOVED the speech Hillary Clinton gave for her Obama endorsement at the DNC!!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  I would think so. Especially since Linda Lingle will be speaking on the second day of the convention.

What I wonder about is,.... will any of the local stations be breaking away from their regularly scheduled programming in order to provide a live broadcast when Gov. Lingle is at the podium? Or will folks have to tune in to C-SPAN? It's doubtful that networks like CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News will be televising Lingle's speech.
                  I still think this is the first time local crews have been sent to the national conventions since the 1970's. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

What time is Lingle speaking, that might factor in if her speech will be televised both locally and nationally with some of the gavel to gavel
                  coverage the networks are doing.

Aj

Comment

I just love the irony.

In Hillary's speech she mentions the need to get rid of racism in America.

Then cut to Sen Akaka commenting on the Akaka Bill making racism as part of the Dem platform.

Classic Liberal Cognitive Dissonance.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Ramsey W. from KGMB is headed to the Twin Cities for the GOP Convention. Haven't heard on KITV or KHNL yet.

Aj

Comment

Today's theme "Securing America's Future"

I say we start with Ron's suggestion of getting rid of Homeland Security.

Then we make laws that say if you drive an old smoky Volvo, with a Save The Planet sticker, you have to park it, and buy a new, fuel efficient car.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          Then we make laws that say if you drive an old smoky Volvo, with a Save The Planet sticker, you have to park it, and buy a new, fuel efficient car.
                          Or a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            The Democrats have it backwards!!!!!!! If they want to win the Whitehouse, the ticket should be Biden for President and Obama for VP. In 8 years it would be Obama for Pres. and maybe Hillary for VP.

Just my opinion.
                            Blame it on the caucuses (sp?).
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              Today's theme "Securing America's Future"

I say we start with Ron's suggestion of getting rid of Homeland Security.
                              Homeland Security, Department of Defense, FBI, ATF, IRS, etc.

Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Roll Call taking place now. It's fun to listen to each state go through the rigamarole of describing what is great about their state. I laugh when I hear some of the people who can barely speak, or string together a coherent sentence. They get lost in their pomp, and forget what they are saying.

Seems like all the states are casting some of their votes for Clinton.

New York is coming right up. Will Hillary motion to cancel the roll call and nominate Obama? Gotta love the suspense.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X