Mufi's new cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mufi's new cabinet

Why does Mufi appoint a new managing director every year?...or at least it seems that way.

Comment

The petition has the same style and caveats as the SRN petition, giving right to the owners of the petition to revise wording as they see fit. Shesh.....this is getting to the point of abusing the democratic process.

Comment

Silly me. If I had read the petition, I'd know who's behind this: Eric Ryan, Mike Palcic, John Carroll and Dan Douglass.

Still, I ain't signing nothing until the allegations are brought forth and substantiated.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Silly me. If I had read the petition, I'd know who's behind this: Eric Ryan, Mike Palcic, John Carroll and Dan Douglass.

Still, I ain't signing nothing until the allegations are brought forth and substantiated.
          The petition looks like it will set off another controversy at the courts. The section they refer to about impeaching the mayor sets the number of signatures needed to start the process at 5000. But there is nothing about having another election regarding the project. In their petition, they ask for impeaching the mayor AND/OR another election regarding the project. Didn't we need 30,000 or 40,000 signatures for that? Watch more tax dollars wasted when this requires a court's interpretation.

Comment

According to them, only 5,000 is needed to start an impeachment trial.

The part about another election on the project simply allows them to recharacterize the petition if they decide to go another direction. That will probably require more signatures, but they won't have to start all over again.

But yes, this is headed back for the courts.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              the mailing address seems to be a mailbox/mail-forwarding company.
              Indeed. The mailing address (575 Cooke Street #A) is actually the address for Hawai‘i Mailbox Service in Kaka‘ako, and apparently, a new location for that business as well. They charge $210 a year, including key deposit and state tax. Pretty good deal to attack from behind the curtain. Pretty hypocritical too.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

They're not hiding as much as I thought. You can see their press conference/blog here.

I get the impression they're old thorns in the political process, so I'm sure the powers that be know where they live.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  Indeed. The mailing address (575 Cooke Street #A) is actually the address for Hawai‘i Mailbox Service in Kaka‘ako, and apparently, a new location for that business as well. They charge $210 a year, including key deposit and state tax. Pretty good deal to attack from behind the curtain. Pretty hypocritical too.
                  Actually, it's been in that location for several years. Maybe even close to a decade. I use them to package and ship. I also use a private PMB service for mail that's a block from HMS. It's quite a bit cheaper!

Stop Rail Now (John Carroll is the atty.) and Mike Palcic (MacMouse Club) are located in the same office building on South St., altho' I don't know if SRN still has an office. HMS, a 2 block walk from the South St. building, is a good way to separate various businesses without leasing office space. Any PMB is. I know, if I was calling for the impeachment of the mayor (I'm not, btw!), I would want that to be kept completely separate from any other business I'm involved with. The easiest and least expensive way to do that is via a private PMB service and a cell number devoted entirely to the endeavor.

I can understand why you feel it's hypocritical but I also understand the business decision behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Actually, it's been in that location for several years. Maybe even close to a decade.
                    Hmmmm....interesting then, that their website calls it their “new location.” Must be they haven't touched their website in nearly a decade. What a waste!
                    Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I can understand why you feel it's hypocritical but I also understand the business decision behind it.
                    Regardless, John Carroll, Eric Ryan and the Grassroots Gang are for all intents and purposes, public figures, and should be held accountable for the actions they take. Sitting government politicians are required to produce full disclosure of any and all business relationships, affiliations, etc. to clear up even the appearance of a conflict of interest. If these anti-railers are simply going to move from PAC to PAC or 527 group or whatever, they need to be more upfront then they have been. And, since many of these guys aren’t necessarily businessmen by trade, but professional perpetual candidates for office, they should want the publicity.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      [...]Must be they haven't touched their website in nearly a decade.[...]
                      I think that's the case!
                      Regardless, John Carroll, Eric Ryan and the Grassroots Gang are for all intents and purposes, public figures, and should be held accountable for the actions they take. Sitting government politicians are required to produce full disclosure of any and all business relationships, affiliations, etc. to clear up even the appearance of a conflict of interest. If these anti-railers are simply going to move from PAC to PAC or 527 group or whatever, they need to be more upfront then they have been. And, since many of these guys aren’t necessarily businessmen by trade, but professional perpetual candidates for office, they should want the publicity.
                      As I mentioned, I understand that you feel it's hypocritical. I'm familiar with only one name; one I don't recall being a perpetual candidate. His wife, yes, but she has a different last name.

A curiosity question...
                      How do you feel the Cooke St. PMB should've been handled? I'm not asking for you to elaborate on the cause because I'm really too ignorant about the subject to discuss it. I'm just curious how you feel the address situation should've been handled. Should they divulge it's a PMB? Should they rent actual office space?

When I gave up leased office space 1.5 years ago I switched my business address to a PMB (A-OK Business Services, 350 Ward Ave. #106...GREAT customer service! /plug!!!). It never occurred to me to voluntarily divulge that it's not my physical office. If someone asks, I tell 'em, but it's not been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X