X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday 2008

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    [...]Doc wants to check my tinker.
    Psssst...Auntie? Wrong half of the body. Methinks you meant 'ticker'!
    Just getting old.[...]
    Nope! You don't even qualify for senior coffee at McDonalds yet! By today's standards you're barely middle age!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Psssst...Auntie? Wrong half of the body. Methinks you meant 'ticker'!

Nope! You don't even qualify for senior coffee at McDonalds yet! By today's standards you're barely middle age!
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Too funny.

Ticker.

When I don't dye my hair, I get Senior discounts.

No tell.

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        [...]When I don't dye my hair, I get Senior discounts.

No tell. [...]
        Ok...it's our secret! You're still young. When I do dye my hair I get senior discounts, anyway...without asking! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Comment

Hair dye - the practice of discriminatory ageism perfected by hair dye manufacturers and those who buy their products.

Embrace your age and the wisdom that comes with it. It is empowering to value age. Why try to "cover it up"?
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            Embrace your age and the wisdom that comes with it. It is empowering to value age. Why try to "cover it up"?
            True. I'd rather not dye it. I save money. However, there are times when I want to have a certain "look" you know...try to capture a youthful whateva's. It makes me feel how shall I put it...hmmm...vivacious. No, dats not the word. I feel dat with white hair. Lemme see. I feel...YOUNG!

I've aged well. Plump and happy.

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Dang! We really derailed this thread!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hair dye - the practice of discriminatory ageism perfected by hair dye manufacturers and those who buy their products.

The derailing continues!!

Hooray for Clairol!! Boo to white hair!! I'm young, and I think I may be graying a little prematurely, and while I can just pluck 'em now, I'm afraid I might be heading towards the "cover it up" group faster than I'd like to be!

Though, I have a friend who is around 40 who sports a beautiful head of thick, pretty gray & white hair, and she always looks great!

PS - Glad you're feeling better, Auntie, hope everything goes well at the doctors'
              Last edited by turtlegirl; November 30, 2008, 12:09 PM. Reason: add
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Wisdom from aging has nothing to do with hair color. I'd have the same brain-futs regardless of the color of my hair!

The current, natural color of my hair is horrible and completely incompatible with the color of my skin. It can't make up it's mind if it wants to be gray, mousey brown, or something in between. The natural color of my mom's hair when she was in her 60s was beautiful. I didn't get that gene!

Nope...to me, the practice of discriminatory ageism is when one lies about coloring his/her hair...or about his/her age, for that matter! No shame with me, tho'. I prefer to color my hair and don't mind admitting it!

Derail? Moi?

Comment

How 'bout combovers?
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    How 'bout combovers?
                    That's for thinning or balding pates, RW, regardless of hair color or Black Friday! (Yes, a feeble attempt to go back on topic!)

Comment

I wonder how the sales were on Black Friday 2008 on hair dye? [there, back on track]
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I wonder how the sales were on Black Friday 2008 on hair dye? [there, back on track]
                        Don't know. Never bought one yet. I know I should.

In all of my time spent over the past few days on Oahu, I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          [...]
                          In all of my time spent over the past few days on Oahu, I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
                          By chance did you check Infinitypro's link in post #5 in this thread? Certainly not as bad as we saw on the mainland but, still, pretty crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
                            Yeah - because as we all know here, stupid/crazy/foolish/criminal behavior occurs ONLY on the Mainland, and NEVER in the Islands...no pedestrian hit-and-runs, no mass murders by flipped-out workers, no governmental corruption...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Yeah - because as we all know here, stupid/crazy/foolish/criminal behavior occurs ONLY on the Mainland, and NEVER in the Islands...no pedestrian hit-and-runs, no mass murders by flipped-out workers, no governmental corruption...
                              Yep. Imagine if Hawaii became a state. OMG.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                By chance did you check Infinitypro's link in post #5 in this thread? Certainly not as bad as we saw on the mainland but, still, pretty crazy!
                                Lucky I slept late (woke up at 6am).

Didn't went to Walmart until Friday after 9am. Only went there to buy clothes.

I'm re-viewing the video just to memorize the faces of the doofs.

Comment

Working...
                                X