X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rail Transit

Originally posted by mel View Post
    YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PANTY FETISH AS YOU ALWAYS MENTION THOSE EVERYTIME YOU DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE!
    Ahahahahahaha... there they go... bunching up again on you?

Wrong again, Mel. The only time I mention the term "panties in a bunch" is in referring to your ridiculous (and repetitive) posts.

As I've calmly suggested before... don't like paying the tax for rail?

MOVE TO THE MAINLAND.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
      Ahahahahahaha... there they go... bunching up again on you?

Wrong again, Mel. The only time I mention the term "panties in a bunch" is in referring to your ridiculous (and repetitive) posts.

As I've calmly suggested before... don't like paying the tax for rail?

MOVE TO THE MAINLAND.
      Well you are being just as repetitive about "moving to the mainland" and "panties in ta bunch" posts to me because you have nothing else to contribute to this thread except sling personal attacks my way all of the time now.

And just FYI I am NOT MOVING to the mainland and reserve the right to complain about rail and taxes while living here until the day I die.

And I will be one of the many rail opponents, most of whom are obviously NOT on this board and probably won't ever want to be here, who will continue to fight this rail proposal every inch of the way before the first spike is laid.

What you should do is stop the personal attacks before someone hurls a block at you.

As for other responses to this thread, I'm over and will only respond to Palolo Joe until he stops the personal attack here.

Rail won. There is no room on HawaiiThreads for any opinion that opposes rail. I suggest any other person who opposes rail to keep away from this thread and this board because the rabid masses will just shoot you down the way they've done to the few and outnumbered opponents here.

People like Palolo Joe just like to fling their, vile, stink, filthy wet panties in our faces when they have nothing else to contribute to the topic except personal attacks.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

And just FYI I am NOT MOVING to the mainland and reserve the right to complain about rail and taxes while living here until the day I die.

And I will be one of the many rail opponents, most of whom are obviously NOT on this board and probably won't ever want to be here, who will continue to fight this rail proposal every inch of the way before the first spike is laid.

What you should do is stop the personal attacks before someone hurls a block at you.
        You get all futless because someone disagrees with you. My posts to this thread aren't personal attacks. Just like you, I have the right to voice my opinion.

Your militant anti-rail whining only shows how much of a sore loser you are. The majority of local residents want rail. Deal with it.

Just as you "reserve the right to complain," I reserve the right to calmly suggest that you pack your stuff and move. Then you don't have to pay the tax. And I will continue to do this in response to your whining. Deal with it.

As for your threats... go ahead Mel. Keep it up. You talk real big from behind that keyboard of yours. Really funny to see that kind of behavior coming from a moderator on HT.

Comment

You get all futless because someone disagrees with you. My posts to this thread aren't personal attacks.

Your militant anti-rail whining only shows how much of a sore loser you are. The majority of local residents want rail. Deal with it.

Just as you "reserve the right to complain," I reserve the right to calmly suggest that you pack your stuff and move. Then you don't have to pay the tax. And I will continue to do this in response to your whining until the day I die.

As for your threats... go ahead Mel. Keep it up. You talk real big from behind that keyboard of yours.
          I take great offense when you use terms like "panties in a bunch" when it is hurled at me. To me I count that as a personal attack. And you haven't only done it to me. You've done this same crap to others in other topics on this board.

You also do the same here from your keyboard as you are one of the main users known to stir up trouble here. Look at the yellow and orange bricks that were thrown at you not very long ago... and they were not by me.

In politics there will always be winners and losers no matter what the issue. The losers have every right to constantly complain like what I am doing here in this topic.

The losers in the American Asylum constantly complain about President Bush and conservative politics in America... so be it. If they can do that, opponents to rail and more taxes can continue to bitch about this and try to do something to turn the tide no matter how futile or whinful that may be to you.

IF you don't like what I post here, just don't read it or simply GO AWAY FROM HAWAII THREADS. I am sure there will be a lot of users who will appreciate that around here.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The losers have every right to constantly complain like what I am doing here in this topic.

IF you don't like what I post here, just don't read it or simply GO AWAY FROM HAWAII THREADS. I am sure there will be a lot of users who will appreciate that around here.
            Well, if you have "every right to constantly complain," then I have every right to sit here and call you on your bullshit.

If you don't like what I post here, tough. I'm not leaving, and I'll continue to voice my opinion until the owner of this board decides otherwise.

Besides, I'm sure there will be a lot of users who will appreciate it around here if you would stop it with your militant anti-rail whining.

Comment

Mel, fwiw you have been quite informative about why you disagree with the rail. Although I do not share your conclusion, it is important to hear pov such as yours.

And while I don't share it, let me say that I do empathize; never in the history of Hawaiian chants, nor even in the records of modern-day geoscience can one find evidence of a hurricane eye traversing the Big Isle. Hurricanes are still altitude-bound, and the fact that there are two mountains that peak out above atmospheric levels have shown historically that hurricanes may head for the B.I. but bounce off about 150miles from the coast. We can get into stories about insurance coverage technicalities, but the gross generalization is, no eye, no pmnt. Wind storm/damage alone doesn't count.

The residents of this island are forced by state law to carry hurricane insurance for their house mortgages, but as we saw just a few weeks ago, none can get earthquake insurance.

although a tangent, it is germane in the respect that the "subsidy blues" gets sung across the isles...

pax

Comment

Well, if you have "every right to constantly complain," then I have every right to sit here and call you on your bullshit.

If you don't like what I post here, tough. I'm not leaving, and I'll continue to voice my opinion until the owner of this board decides otherwise.

Besides, I'm sure there will be a lot of users who will appreciate it around here if you would stop it with your militant anti-rail whining.
                My opinion may be "bullshit" to you as much as your personal attacks and name calling is intolerable and offensive to me.

Refrain from the name calling and using sexual references on people you disagree with and I think you may get a little more respect around here.

You and I will always disagree on rail and the rail tax. That is a given. But the name calling and sexual references are inexcusable.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Rail won. There is no room on HawaiiThreads for any opinion that opposes rail.
                  I have to disagree with this statement. Rail hasn't won yet, sure the process is about to start but it is far from over. It will be at least 6 years before some sort of rail service starts assuming there are no complications like change of adminstrations at either the county, state or federal level that might effect funding or planning (that is at least 3 elections, that might change the mayor (next election), for sure the president (next election), and the governor (2 elections from now), not to mention the other various elected offices). Heck maybe after a year or so they might repeal .5% transit tax assuming people think the tax is a bad idea.

And knowing construction in Hawaii what's the likey hood of encountering bones that will delay the project?

Comment

In a way it has because the momentum is huge and has swung heavily in favor of rail. Since we already have to pay the tax to fund rail, that is the primary criteria I am using to say "rail won". Rail supporters have the upper hand on this even though the route to get there is still long.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      Mel, fwiw you have been quite informative about why you disagree with the rail. Although I do not share your conclusion, it is important to hear pov such as yours.
                      After this current topic eventually dies down, I plan on leaving it behind and try to ignore it like how I ignore the American Asylum, Around the Rim, and This Island Earth among others.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It usually takes tragic incidents to change or implement things like security was beefed up after some rapes that ocurred in Central Park and circa 1984 I know there was some nut who had a machine gun and killed a dozen or so people on the NYC subway. I think NYPD beefed up security then as well. There will have to be some sort of security we even have it at our malls when most shops are closed and with major money being changed hands at these stations you will bet that some form of security will be around to protect the ticket agents or however things are set up. In Las Vegas you sort of paid for the monorail like you would to buy a can of coke in a vending machine and a ticket would come out.

These trains are fairly long in size so security cameras I gather will be placed in each car to keep an eye on things.

Someone mentioned earlier that the Bus fleet will be greatly reduced, I hadnt thought of that before, so there could be mass layoffs if say 50 routes or more are eliminated because you only need maybe 6-8 total drivers on the two trains going in opposite directions each day. I wonder if the Bus union has thought of this already what to do with all of these displaced workers??

KalihiBoy

PS=Can we please stay on topic and end the personal flamethrowing back and forth??

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Someone mentioned earlier that the Bus fleet will be greatly reduced, I hadnt thought of that before, so there could be mass layoffs if say 50 routes or more are eliminated because you only need maybe 6-8 total drivers on the two trains going in opposite directions each day. I wonder if the Bus union has thought of this already what to do with all of these displaced workers??
                          Maybe the routes would be changed, but to be honest, I doubt some in-city routes like the #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 and #13 would change if the rail is on Kapiolani Blvd. With the exception of the #3, the routes above go on streets not served by the rail.

I think buses that support Kapiolani and Dillingham Blvd would be the ones that might go way or have different starting points (other than Ala Moana) like the #52, #40, A Express, #62 and the #43. I suspect changes in the #9, #53, #54, #42 would occur too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            It usually takes tragic incidents to change or implement things like security was beefed up after some rapes that ocurred in Central Park and circa 1984 I know there was some nut who had a machine gun and killed a dozen or so people on the NYC subway. I think NYPD beefed up security then as well. There will have to be some sort of security we even have it at our malls when most shops are closed and with major money being changed hands at these stations you will bet that some form of security will be around to protect the ticket agents or however things are set up. In Las Vegas you sort of paid for the monorail like you would to buy a can of coke in a vending machine and a ticket would come out.

These trains are fairly long in size so security cameras I gather will be placed in each car to keep an eye on things.

KalihiBoy

PS=Can we please stay on topic and end the personal flamethrowing back and forth??
                            I don't think there would be any need for ticket agents. Ticket vending machines will work pretty well like you suggested in the Vegas example. Transit staff can collect the money after operation hours to reduce the chance of a holdup.

How many cars per train do you think should be set up? I like the light rail cars where it's really just two cars joined by an articulated center half-car. The half-car is usually where the bike racks are located. They each act as an independent train but when you need more capacity, two or more trains can be linked up together. People can't walk end to end inside the train but I don't see why there is a need for that anyways.

I mentioned the bus reduction if rail is implemented. This shouldn't be a problem. The rail will take years to develop. You will have drivers that retire. Just slowly cut off hiring and it will take care of itself. Besides, when a rail is established, you can always offer comparable jobs in the rail side. However, I really hope we choose a driverless train system. There is no need to waste money hiring drivers when driverless trains have existed for decades and have proven their reliability. I rather see the money used to hire police for security and enforcement of paying ticket fares.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              How many cars per train do you think should be set up? I like the light rail cars where it's really just two cars joined by an articulated center half-car. The half-car is usually where the bike racks are located. They each act as an independent train but when you need more capacity, two or more trains can be linked up together. People can't walk end to end inside the train but I don't see why there is a need for that anyways.
                              With out knowning how many people a car can hold it will tough to say, however my 2 cents in the matter is the amount of time you have to wait until the next train shows up. If it's once a half hour, I don't think that is acceptable. Somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes between trains is acceptable to me.

Comment

I grew up in Chicago and was custom to buying tickets from a ticket agent even as recently as 1992, but technology has vastly changed since then. The Seattle Monorail still has ticket agents I'm not sure how it is in other cities. Vegas was so easy and even then there were monorail staff workers that stuck around to help people out if anything because the rail is relatively new.

When I took the subways or monorails we always took our bikes on with us. In my personal experience the trains never seemed to give you enough time of taking it off of a rack like you do on the bus. I've been on some subways where you have like 20 seconds to get on or off and some others have given you up to 90 seconds.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                                X