Are we pau with HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we pau with HT?

I see kauaibc posted today, but really, otherwise 3 days without any posts? Are we done here?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Are we pau with HT?

Not everyone is a "motor-mouth" that has to comment on every thread there is. and there hasn't been much of interest lately to comment about. Try posting something intelligent and interesting and there will probably be some comments.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      Not everyone is a "motor-mouth" that has to comment on every thread there is. and there hasn't been much of interest lately to comment about. Try posting something intelligent and interesting and there will probably be some comments.
      Kinda my point, nobody is commenting on anything, and is it up to me to pretend being an intelligent/interesting motormouth for the survival of this site? I don't need anyone commenting on my stuff, and I don't want to be posting into the wind if nobody else wants keep this place stimulative/substantive. This place has been slowing down more and more to where now it's growing mold and gonna go in reverse if it doesn't get a kick in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I see kauaibc posted today, but really, otherwise 3 days without any posts? Are we done here?
        While the new post count is currently down...something that happens periodically...I've received new posts every day.

Comment

I get new ones too. It will pick up again when there is something that gets folks interested or irritated. I've posted 2 times today alone. Thats more that I've been on here in the last 6 weeks - of course, I've been sick so not much in the mood for HT or anything else. Patience................
          Last edited by anapuni808; June 2, 2012, 04:17 PM.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

It's up, it's down. 'Round these parts, the weather has turned nice, and I've had the proverbially obscene b*ttload of gigs to keep me off the intrawebses.

But I still look pretty much every day, though I did notice about one full day of no posts.

Since I still avoid BookFace, I'm glad to see this place is still up and running, with whoever wants to say something. And I appreciate:
            > Ron & Kalalau's posts from the Left Front, reminding me that I'm not alone in my liberal leanings
            > Anapuni's wisdom about all things culturally Hawaiian
            > Tattrat's tales of survival
            > Mel's amazing photography
            > Frankie's astounding knowledge of multiple subjects
            > Walkoff Balk's evolving style of humor
            > Scrivener's ability to distill, focus & articulate the heart of a topic
            > Tutusue's deep well of good will
            ... and so many more of you and what you have to say, share and spin out.

Comment

Honestly I don't see the problem here. So what if there are lulls in new posting, it has happened before and it will happen again. I don't think its the end of the world when lulls in new posting are happening, has happened or whatever the case maybe.

Comment

I'm still here.

And I promise to spend less time on Facebook and more time in here.

Wouldn't want to lose this place.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm still around.

Please don't anyone take this as the [re]start of an old topic, but sometimes the grumpiness (OK, rudeness) shown by some posters chases people away. We are currently peaceful here, but I wonder if some members are keeping quiet as a new habit and just checking in to see if there is a really interesting thread to them. Humm, maybe I'm describing myself?? (IE keeping quiet, not rude).

Just saying.

Of course, I'm NOT referring to any of our NICE members here today.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

people come around every now and then. Messageboards have become sort of like an online speakeasy for the loyal patrons, when so many have flocked to facebook and twitter.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I don't have anything to add to what's already been said, so I'm not going to post a reply. OOPS!
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I think the moderators stop by frequently just to check. Admin hasn't said anything about ending HT... so at this time it is highly probable that HT will stay here as it has been since April 2004. In 2 years the board celebrates its 10th. Anyone taking bets it'll still be around?
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

it's just the nature of things. . . the board ebbs and flows, just like the tide. People get busy with real world stuff, and when time allows, may stop in for a quick "hi" or what not.

I check in every couple of days, but, sometimes there just isn't anything I feel I can offer/comment on, but I always enjoy lurking and reading.
                          flickr

An email from God:
                          To: People of Earth
                          Date: 9/04/2007
                          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                          God

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            I think the moderators stop by frequently just to check. Admin hasn't said anything about ending HT... so at this time it is highly probable that HT will stay here as it has been since April 2004. In 2 years the board celebrates its 10th. Anyone taking bets it'll still be around?
                            As long as the world doesn't end this December 21st, yes.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

OK, so minus a handful of current posters who havn't commented yet, we've got the core base of HT'ers all together in this thread, about a dozen and most rarely start a thread. Now, I don't tweet and hate doing facebook so I don't know if those revolve mostly around friendships or ever include 'strangers'. I seriously doubt this site will be closed within 10 years, but the meaning of the thread was if we done making it a viable forum that brings together people that would otherwise never interact and make it worth more than merely cliques yakking amongst themselves about little of substance. In my short years as a member it has never slowed down this much or had less worth in postings, it truly seems we've run out of gas. We're not as even close to being unfriendly as most forums are, so those who've run away with that as an excuse must be thinskinned to a high degree. This forum represents high value to my mind and should be rocking, where else is there a good natured, potentially interesting and useful local forum as we have here? It's not like we've used up all the topics, and we know many people lurk, but they're not contributing. Why would anybody just peek in but not ever say something?

Comment

Working...
                              X