X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Looove this thread!

I did a google image search for Menehune Man and was pleasantly surprised...
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

Just looking at the sun in this picture hurts my eyes! Don't you worry about ruining your camera shooting directly at the sun like that? Or is that some sort of weird superstition I've picked up?

Also, if anyone is looking for a place to develop black and white film, try Rainbow Photo Lab at Keeaumoku. I dropped my film off there Saturday and will be picking it up tomorrow -- could have had it same day if I'd dropped off before 2. They do medium format too.
      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
        Just looking at the sun in this picture hurts my eyes! Don't you worry about ruining your camera shooting directly at the sun like that? Or is that some sort of weird superstition I've picked up?
        I've never heard of that superstition. Last I checked, the camera needs to be pointed at the sun in order to capture it while it sets. And after repeatedly taking sunset shots for many years, none of my digital cameras' CCD sensors seem to have been ruined by that. It's actually easier now to get those shots since my new camera has an EVF (electronic view finder), so I don't look at the sun directly with my own eyes.

You're right though now that I look at that shot. It's almost like looking at the sun live. Kinda' blinding. Sorry about that.

Some kite surfers and a wind surfer take advantage of gusty winds yesterday at Diamond Head...

Commitment to the session...

Grabbed this shot of the beautiful and majestic Koolau range while driving down Kamehameha highway in Kaneohe...

Kinda' cool to have Koolau Farmers (sign) in the shot. Too bad those cars are in the way a little. Still, I could open that in Adobe Illustrator and make a nice t-shirt design for them out of that shot.

I was surprised to find a second Koolau Farmers location in City Square on Dillingham. They're located smack in the middle between Young's Fish Market on one end and the old Grocery Outlet space on the other end.
        Last edited by Pomai; January 25, 2009, 12:48 PM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I've never heard of that superstition.[...]
          Me either. But I have heard of it as it relates to the lens of the human eye...'cept I don't think it's a superstition!
          You're right though now that I look at that shot. It's almost like looking at the sun live. Kinda' blinding. Sorry about that.
          Oh, don't apologize for that, Pomai. That's part of the beauty of that shot...it's so realistic.

Comment

Magical shots my friends, and not helping with the East Coast, Winter Why The F*%K am I NOT in Hawai'i blues.........

Though it warms my heart, not so much for the fingers and toes...

That Koolau rang shot is AWESOME, Pom! I have tried to explain the water etched mountains of Hawai'i to friends and they don't really "get it" but shots like that is exactly what I am talking about! Simply awesome!
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

wow - i really am impressed these are some really nice pics.

aloha!!!
              stay forever young

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Mel, great parade shots. Lots of great color.

Pomai, my favorite is the surfer getting ready to launch in over the top of the shore break.

I went to the Byodo-In Temple in Valley of Temples early this morning. I ended up being there almost 2.5 hours. What a peaceful place. The first two shots are of the whole temple. The third is the temple bell that's hung in it's own little shelter. I love that bell. As you can see, there is a wooden pole suspended from the framework by ropes. I'd say it's about 7" in diameter. You just grab the white rope, draw it back, and let it go to ring the bell.

Comment

The roof of the Temple is highly ornamented. The third shot is of the Buddha inside. There was a fellow from Germany taking pics at the same time I was. He offered to let me use his 10mm fisheye lens. You can really see how the interior framework is bowed. Very fun lens.

Comment

The AF (from Kane`ohe) says of Jim's Byodo-In shots... "OUT-standing!" (And the grey sky behind the second shot is typical of the area.)

Comment

Finally, there is a huge koi pond that surrounds the Temple on two sides. It is full of the biggest, fattest koi I've ever seen. There are also black swans. They're pretty friendly, or hungry, or both.

Comment

Jim, what model camera is that again you're using? OMG! Now we're talkin' National Geographic! (emphasize: GRAPHIC!)
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Does the carbon fiber hood cut down enough weight to validate the otherwise mismatched look?
                          Who cares about the weight. Import Models look sezzy on those black, glossy hoods ;_)
                          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                          "
                          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

For Barb

Was this the one?

Comment

I, uh... Wow!
                              And... um. Cool!

This is by far my favorite thread!
                              Thanks for sharing everyone!
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by asuhoru View Post
                                For Barb

Was this the one?
                                YES!!!! Thank you. It never fails to make me smile. I love it so much. Thanks again. SB, barb

Comment

Working...
                                X