"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Having a flashback once in a while is a good thing, especially when it concerns life on the island.
    1. Ben has the hots for Juliet.
    2. Charles Widmore is trying to find the island. It's his people who are on the freighter (assuming Ben is telling the truth).
    3. So where are the Others? Surely there are more of them that could be used against Daniel and Charolette.
    4. So Juliet looks like someone from Ben's past.
    5. No sign of Miles
    6. Ben at the end of episode was so, Benish.
    7. While this episode doesn't answer the question if the crash of Oceanic 815 was an accident or not, it also does not say who is responsible for the bogus Oceanic 815.

Comment

Something has dawned on me a couple of days ago. It's been said that women who conceived on the island die. Does this apply only to humans or does it effect other animals as well?

Comment

Talk about been thrown a couple of curve balls in one episode, granted the Kevin Johnson curve ball was a very minor one but the Jin's flash back and Sun's flash forward was a sneaky but an impressive and unexpected one.

Comment

And afterwards when it hit me about the flashforward/flashback, I thought, "Dammit, that's why his phone was so big."

So what is it... is Jin dead after returning as part of the Oceanic 6? Or is he stuck on the island? Or did he die trying to get Sun off the island? Aaargh!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            And afterwards when it hit me about the flashforward/flashback, I thought, "Dammit, that's why his phone was so big."

So what is it... is Jin dead after returning as part of the Oceanic 6? Or is he stuck on the island? Or did he die trying to get Sun off the island? Aaargh!
            and i thought "that's why he was talking like that to the guy that took his cab & panda bear..." ("You Bastard, I will kill you, I will rip your head off" - too funny!)

imo - i think Jin (and the other survivors) are still back on the island ...
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't paying too much to the size of the phone but when Jin said "I have been married for only 2 months" I thought, oh hell he re-married after being rescued.

Comment

What a cruel and clever twist. My wife and I reflect on last night's episode here. Since Jin's gravestone sets his date of death on Sept. 22, 2004, and we know that's not true, there's a lot of hope out there that Jin was just left behind. But so beautiful was the reveal this week it would almost seem disappointing if he comes back. We still have the remainder of Jin's time on the island to see, a chance for Jin to make the ultimate sacrifice, and that would be something.

Like "you're gonna die" Charlie, Jin now has a cloud hanging over him. But unlike Charlie, Jin doesn't know it. It makes for some rich storytelling.

We saw N. Pauahi Street near Mei Sum and Toys 'N' Joys in Kaimuki, and the hospital was Kahuku Hospital. Haven't placed the graveyard or the apartment yet (though the apartment is near Makiki, one building out the window looks like a building mauka of H-1 near the ewa-bound Vineyard offramp).
                Last edited by pzarquon; March 14, 2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

At first, I was like O M G when Juilet told Jin about the affair. I mean, I knew why she did it, but that didn't stop me from being all OMG. But I'm glad it worked out in the end.

I loved the Bernard/Jin scene. I remember when they split camps, I kept wondering why Rose and Bernard would go with Jack knowing that the island was curing (or had cured) her cancer and I just suspected that she refused to go with Locke because he was looney shooting/throwing axes at folks. But I think it fit in great with him trying to explain to Jin about being married etc etc. Rose and Bernard are like gramma and grampa and kinda funny (like funny haha) too. I adorrrree them and I hope they're still on the island alive and well in the end.

Also, I'm so sick of Kate. She's so...a n n o y i n g.

I want to think Jin is still alive. I think he's hiding somewhere to avoid being killed.

But, does knowing that he is dead in the future mean that Jin joins the rest of the chars who have been killed off after being arrested? har har har

After we were done watching, my husband was like "I wonder how Miles and the grenade are doing..."

Comment

Anyone playing the LOST video game? I heard there are some "interesting" reveals on it that has changed the way a lot of people look at the show. We will be buying it sometime this week to play it through.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

the game got a "only buy if you're a hardcore lost fan" endorsement from G4's "x-play" show.

I'll wait for someone to post the reveals online.
                      Originally posted by mike
                      scsdogg,
                      You obviously are someone in the business and know what you are talking about.....

Comment

Love X-Play! Didn't catch that episode but I definitely fit the criteria.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                          I want to think Jin is still alive. I think he's hiding somewhere to avoid being killed.

But, does knowing that he is dead in the future mean that Jin joins the rest of the chars who have been killed off after being arrested?
                          I'd like to think that the headstone is only there to keep up the pretense that everyone but the Oceanic Six died -- that Jin is still alive and on the island still.

Comment

I think tonight's episode might be the record for the number of dead characters coming back in a flashback. Three for sure, Tom, Namoi and George. A fourth if you count Libby in Michael's visions.

For the fake 815 one episode says Ben did it, this episode says Widmore did it. Oh well.

Comment

And now we have to wait a full month, until April 24, for the next new episode.
                              I assume everyone recognized John Dominis restaurant when Michael/Kevin was boarding the ship, right in front of Fisherman's Wharf.
                              And to Ryan -- we finally saw the car crash, eh? (The green Plymouth with the white vinyl top that Michael crashed belonged to a good friend of mine, who is also part of the Lost crew. We're gonna miss that car.)
                              Michael's mother's house... Kaimuki? 12th Avenue, maybe?
                              There were a few different documents flashed during the show. Anyone get a snapshot of them to actually read what they said?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm kind of bummed Danielle Rosseau got shot in this episode.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X