X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Virginia Tech shootings!

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Oakland, CA is less racial than Hawaii.
    Yes, it’s less racially diverse (less than 5% mixed ethnic). By the way, you are comparing a city with a state.

The momentum in Hawaii, at the present time, is towards MORE racial separatism.
    Only in the mind of Tim. Care to cite statistics that support this rediculous claim?

Hawaii is not even close to an example for the rest of our nation. The way the Federal Fair Housing Law is ignored...
    Typical haole (foreigner). Judge Hawai‘i’s people based on laws instead of relationships.

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    it seems to me the only people who complain so bitterly about the state of race in hawaii are white people who are used to being "king of the hill." if you don't feel threatened by being surrounded by so many quantities and shades of brown, yellow, or black, then you would hail hawaii as being an example of how things could be all over the world--where so many ethnicities can reside in relative peace, so close together, and come to some understandings about each other's culture.
    Yes, I am a bit irritated the way Tim continues to badmouth Hawai‘i through his ignorance of its diverse multicultural and multi-racial populace and political climate unique to the United States. Malihini like him are not representative of the majority, though, and he shouldn’t be chastised, as he is just reflecting his perspective as an outsider (haole) living in the Islands.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

• Re: Virginia Tech shootings!

I just thumbed thru the latest issue of People at work this morning and quickly went thru all the victims that got snuffed out by the guy.

Hate to say that they had promising futures but.......
      I got very sad even though I did not know them personally

Comment

Working...
      X