full size screen on a mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full size screen on a mac?

How do you make the screen full size? On a Windows XP computer you simply double click on the blue bar, but on a Mac it don't work. This is for my browser window.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: full size screen on a mac?

You don't.

That is simply unnatural on a Mac. No application window, except for the Finder or a DVD movie, ever takes over the entire screen on a Mac.

You can drag the bottom-right corner of the browser window to whatever size you wish, and the browser will remember it. But it will not take over the entire screen, no matter what you do.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Are you asking how to view your browser window in full-screen? Did you click the green dot in the upper-left of the window frame?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh yeah. What he said. But there are obviously apps that take over the whole screen, such as games and slideshow viewers. I'll bet there's a utility out there that will let you do it.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I'll bet there's a utility out there that will let you do it.
          Yep. It's called Megazoomer.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
            Yep. It's called Megazoomer.
            To which I am BOUND to reply, "Ewwwwww"!
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I guess when you have an already small 12" screen you want as big of a browser window as possible.

Ya know as much as I love this Mac, I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable around it as I am around XP So I just may as well sell this thing or if anyone's interested in a swap I'd consider it.

This is my offer: one white iBook G4 running OS-X with OS disk, power adapter and decent battery and I'll even throw in that Black/bronze Mac Powerbook G3 running OS-9 with a 14" screen, power adapter and dead battery with NO OS disk.

The G3 is a freebie since Mel hasn't responded to it.

All I want is a pentium-based laptop with some battery life or something of similar value.

Anyone interested?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X