This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Downtime

HawaiiThreads.com will be closed for hopefully no longer than an hour beginning at around 2 p.m. this afternoon (Monday, Jan. 10, 2005), to upgrade the forum software. I'd recommend not trying to start any new threads or post messages around that time; everything should be as it was when we come back. Thanks for your patience!

Re: Scheduled Downtime

Talk you laters!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

All done! The upgrade was a minor one to fix a few bugs (one security related, hence the sudden announcement), so sadly, HawaiiThreads.com doesn't yet interface with your coffeemaker or pick up your drycleaning. However, there is now an RSS entry in the official software FAQ, and finally, the printer-friendly, mobile-friendly forum Archive setup actually works. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

WOW!. cool new version!.

Thanks for the new look.

great Job!.

Aloha. Hope you & everyone here
        have good week.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

What happened to the flowers?

Yo! I don't know about you guys, but I miss the hibiscus flower icons that graced every message thread and message. Seems like the upgrade brought about generic page/message icons instead of the familiar flowers that were here when the board first started.

What I like best about the flowers is that the ones with the new messages had a stronger color scheme vs. the small orange part of the page icon that indicate new messages.

Can the flowers return?
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: What happened to the flowers?

Originally posted by mel
            Yo! I don't know about you guys, but I miss the hibiscus flower icons that graced every message thread and message. Seems like the upgrade brought about generic page/message icons instead of the familiar flowers that were here when the board first started.

What I like best about the flowers is that the ones with the new messages had a stronger color scheme vs. the small orange part of the page icon that indicate new messages.

Can the flowers return?
            I agree, bring back da flowers! It gives it an Island Flair...
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sorry about that. The upgrade overwrote my custom graphics with the defaults, and I had to find where I'd saved them (and I'm sure glad I did!). Things should be back to the way they were.

If I have time, I'll try and catch the remaining little things that have the default blue color scheme... but for now, I don't think they'll get in anyone's way.

Comment

I'm going to take HawaiiThreads.com offline in about 15 minutes for a small upgrade. Browse away, but try not to be in the middle of a post at 6:15 a.m. HST! Should be back online in a matter of minutes.

ETA: And, we're back! Carry on, carry on.

Comment

I'm going to take HawaiiThreads.com offline in about 20 minutes for a small upgrade. Browse away, but try not to be in the middle of a post at 7:30 a.m. HST! Should be back online in a matter of minutes.

ETA: And, we're back! Thanks for your patience!

Comment

A new year, another software upgrade. HawaiiThreads.com will be closed for hopefully less than 20 minutes beginning at 5:40 a.m. HST today (Jan. 13). Please be sure you're done with your epic posts and witty retorts prior to the shutdown.

As with past upgrades, a good portion of the "look and feel" of HawaiiThreads.com will change drastically, until such time as I can dig in and customize things again. A lot of "legacy code" has been retained over the years that is slowly becoming less and less compatible with the software, so some of the changes may be more permanent. I apologize for any confusion or visual anguish this may cause!

ETA: Upgrade complete! Still chasing down bugs here and there. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Working...
                    X