Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit City to liquidate

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=111&sid=1514456

If you have giftcards or CC, get ready to use them. I hope the CC workers at Pearl Ridge can get new work ASAP.

The Decline and Fall of Circuit City
    Last edited by Vanguard; January 16, 2009, 08:33 AM.

Re: Circuit City to liquidate

Thanks for the link, Vanguard.

But analysts say that the demise of Circuit City, whose stores range in size from 20,000 to 25,000 square feet, will hurt the fortunes of mall operators even more.
    I wonder what this means for Ala Moana Center's owners.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

If Circuit City uses the same type of liquidation companies that Tower Records, Comp USA and Sharper Image used, don't expect too many deep discounts at the beginning of the liquidation sale. 10 to 15% discounts will probably be the norm at first, and later after most of the good stuff is sold off, the remaining stuff gets the deeper discounts at 20%, 30%, 40% and maybe 50 to 60% off in the end.

Still vulture shopping can be fun if you know what you want and the prices are attractive and far below regular retail.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post

I would surmise not it wouldn't mean much to GGP. However it depends how many shopping centers GGP has with a Circuit City as an anchor tenant.

Circuit City was going to build a store here in Kona. However they pulled out of Kona Commons a few months ago after they filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Maryl Pacific Construction had already completed the store building at that point too.

http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/artic...al/local01.txt
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          Still vulture shopping can be fun
          Especially if you fake getting excited over stuff, just to see how many people you can get to buy a bad deal

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          I would surmise not it wouldn't mean much to GGP...
          Interesting info.
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "

Comment

Their main company website is down and I can't reach them locally by phone, I'd like to know if I can still get my machine fixed before they close as I bought one of their extended warranties a few years ago.

Aj

Comment

This FAQ helps somewhat:

http://consumerist.com/5133369/consu...yline=true&s=x

Aj

Comment

I used to frequent the Pearlridge location while I was still on the island.
                Now here in the Bay Area CC are All over the place or should I say whats left and goin in the coming months.
                My experience w/ the stores here in CA ya have to tackle someone down for service hopin that they quickly get back to ya. Maybe that is why sales went whoosh downward and to add on that they could NOT find a buyer to rescue them.....

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                  I think that empty building that used to house CompUSA is a bigger threat to AMC then CC.

There's likely to be some good deals scattered in with the bad. One to look for is iPods and iCare. Since they never go on sale, anything below MSRP is a deal.

Just know what the value of stuff is before you go in. A lot of times those "10% off" is off the full price and not CC's normal price.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                    One to look for is iPods and iCare. Since they never go on sale, anything below MSRP is a deal.

Just know what the value of stuff is before you go in. A lot of times those "10% off" is off the full price and not CC's normal price.
                    Good tips. Thanks, GG.
                    "

Comment

I heard during the CompUSA liquidation, the best deals to be had were video games. Perhaps the same will be true here!

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        I think that empty building that used to house CompUSA is a bigger threat to AMC then CC.

There's likely to be some good deals scattered in with the bad. One to look for is iPods and iCare. Since they never go on sale, anything below MSRP is a deal.

When I bought my iPod Touch I noticed that the prices at Best Buy and Circuit City were higher than at the Apple Store in Ala Moana.

Comment

Other things you might be able to save on once the sale goes into high gear are iPod accessories (docks, etc.) and odds and ends such as computer/audio/video cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                            When I bought my iPod Touch I noticed that the prices at Best Buy and Circuit City were higher than at the Apple Store in Ala Moana.
                            That's odd. Sure it wasn't a referb/reconditioned or a new reduced price or something? Normally stores have a snit fit if the manufacturer will sell the item a below "list". Since Apple sells most of the stuff outside of the Apple store, they can't afford to tick them off.

I haven't looked at the touch, but when I was shopping around, I never saw a sale. At best somethings would be bundled in - as in "free with every" so you got more for the price.

Comment

right now the discount is only 10% on all the good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X