Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH vs Nevada

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    There was talk earlier about PAC expansion and wanting Arizona and A St., but I don't know where that went.This guy gives his take, with an alternative http://wholurks.blogspot.com/2010/08...ontenders.html

If we can't get in with the big boys then independent is our only option unless the WAC slagg can buff up to a higher standard to make the WAC legit.
    IDK what you mean here--WAC expansion? Zona and ASU are already in the Pac-10

There were rumblings that the Pac-10 (and other conferences, for that matter) were shying away from inviting Hawaii due to travel costs. Hawaii may need to try and defect to the MWC if the WAC doesn't right itself soon.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      Zona and ASU are already in the Pac-10
      There were rumblings that the Pac-10 (and other conferences, for that matter) were shying away from inviting Hawaii due to travel costs. Hawaii may need to try and defect to the MWC if the WAC doesn't right itself soon.
      Ah, that's where that went...
      But the MWC doesn't offer much better. Costs are always going to be the downer and getting worse each year, so we need to figure out now if it's worth it to the school to invest hugely and make a bold move or drop Fball.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Ah, that's where that went...
        But the MWC doesn't offer much better. Costs are always going to be the downer and getting worse each year, so we need to figure out now if it's worth it to the school to invest hugely and make a bold move or drop Fball.
        they've been there for around 20 years.

You know the Big 8 is now defunct, right?
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          they've been there for around 20 years.

You know the Big 8 is now defunct, right?
          I guess I better start reading up on this...
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
            I don't think they will beat Boise next week, but I wouldn't mind being surprised
            Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            Just for the record, the Boise State game is not until Nov 6 - Utah State and Idaho are next on the Warrior march.
            Whew! Thanks, Kimo. Thought I had to juggle my work schedule. Don’t scare me like that, Nobu!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
              If you mean the Pac 10, I doubt that the Pac 10 would be interested in Hawaii unless one or two of the teams drop out, which is very unlikely to happen. Hawaii is in the WAC, and the WAC is in trouble right now. Hawaii's best chances would be to remain in the WAC and try to revive it, or to become an independant.
              Schools DO NOT apply for admittance to conferences; they have to be INVITED to join! There is ZERO interest by the PAC-10 in UH. Nor is the MWC interested in UH.

Comment

I think the Warriors need to reach out to more Pac-10 teams. USC and Udub are a start, but they need to approach some of the other Big Names like UCLA, Stanford, & Cal. If they prove that they can compete against more of the Pac-10 teams, maybe the conference will make considerations. Personally, I think the Warriors would give a great fight against the Bruins. If not for some of the bad calls in the SC game, I think we could've spanked dem. Shoots!!!

Comment

If UH wins against Utah St. tomorrow. The game at Boise St. will be on ESPN. If UH loses. It will be PPV for the Boise St. game.

Comment

Working...
                  X