Fed Ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Ex?

I did a search for "Fed Ex" in thread titles and all posts. None to be found, so...

What do you think of the Fed Ex / Kinko's merge now called Fed Ex Office?

I'm really just a Kinko's kind'a guy, but I bet it works out well for many?

I like the kind of bumper stickers they make and cheap too!
    16 bucks for a square foot of material. I fit eight of these.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=129156
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Fed Ex?

Travel Bug? So does that mean if I find it, I'm to take it to another cache somewhere?

If it disappears, you'll have to check geocaching to see where it went. Just hope it isn't Crider. You might have a big hike ahead of you!

Comment

Speaking of FedEx, I was surprised by some of their technology last week.

I received an overnight package from someone on the mainland. I went to the lobby where the receptionist -- who had just signed for it -- was chatting with the FedEx guy. It couldn't have taken me more than 20 or 30 seconds to walk back to my desk. When I sat back down, there was an email waiting for me from the guy on the mainland who had sent the package. He said it had just been signed for, and I should go to the front to pick it up.

Comment

Haven't had to visit a copy store in years. But if I did, I'd try to use a local firm rather than one being squeezed to death by private equity-- and now FedEx.

http://www.businessweek.com/print/ma...4078612060.htm

The first Kinko's opened in 1970 in a former burger stand near the University of California at Santa Barbara. Naming the company after his kinky hair, founder Paul Orfalea tapped into demand on campus for cheap copies. He also developed an unusual pay model: In addition to their modest salaries, employees divided 25% of the profits. Orfalea extended that feature as he opened stores in partnerships with local entrepreneurs.

Kinko's was a fun place to work. At what became company headquarters in Ventura, Calif., employees got free lunches on Fridays. There was a basketball court, a baseball diamond, and on-site child care. Kinkoids, as workers called themselves, became an extended family.

By 1996, Orfalea and his partners were looking to cash in some of their chips. He sold a controlling interest to the buyout firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and soon was relegated to the role of "chairperson emeritus." Clayton Dubilier hired Gary Kusin, who had run the software retailer Babbage's. Kusin moved the headquarters to Dallas, laying off 700 staffers.

Both Orfalea and Philips say the private-equity owners shifted from face-to-face employee training to Web-based programs and slowed store expansion. That hurt morale as many workers figured that they had less opportunity to advance. The company did away with the 25% profit-sharing and reduced the number of 24-hour stores, a Kinko's hallmark.

"Kinko's grew up on college campuses; it developed a kind of People's Republic of Kinko's feeling, and it was wonderful," says Kusin, who left the company in 2006 and now works for the buyout firm TPG. "But at some point in any company's growth and maturity they have to professionalize and move forward into a new future."

Thomas C. Franco, a spokesman for New York-based Clayton Dubilier, says the firm focused on growth opportunities such as larger corporate printing jobs. By improving efficiency, the firm increased Kinko's profit margin from 5% in 2001 to 11.7% in 2003, he says.

Frustrated with the changes, however, Orfalea sold the rest of his shares to Clayton Dubilier in 2003. A year later the firm sold the business to FedEx, booking a $1 billion profit.

By then, Kinko's already was developing a reputation for poor customer service.
        That doesn't mollify Kinko's founder Orfalea. He fumes over the looming disappearance of his company name. "All the things they could have done with that brand," he says, throwing up his arms. "They could be providing online photo processing. They could be the leader in printing books on demand."
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          I did a search for "Fed Ex" in thread titles and all posts. None to be found, so...

I wouldn't know. There haven't been a Kinko's on Molokai.

There's a FedEx and UPS delivery services here though. I think there is only one van each.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I dont really think much of it...but I think the Fed Ex guy who delivers in my area is way hawt (he's really nice too. actually everyone who delivers packages/mail in the area is awesome, but the fed ex guy is hawt )

Comment

It seems in every office I've ever worked out of, women love flirting with the FedEx (or UPS) guy. Those delivery guys must get more ass than a public toilet seat.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                It seems in every office I've ever worked out of, women love flirting with the FedEx (or UPS) guy. Those delivery guys must get more ass than a public toilet seat.
                *falls on the floor laughing*

whew....that was funny - that was icing on the cake.

*looks up at kelly0040*

you should see our fed-ex guy that comes in every tuesdays and thursdays around 11 - 11:30ish at work like clock work - i can smell that bloke from a mile away - they have that certain smell to them - the fed ex smell?

*laughs again*

have a pleasant week HT Ohana.
                stay forever young

Comment

Ooh, for me it was the Sparklett's water guy. Mmm. But FedEx is pretty awesome. They're quick. Although if you're not looking for quick, the post office is way cheaper to mail stuff back to the mainland (a big consideration for me right now).

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                    But would they marry him, with a FedEx salary?
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Doesn't seem that many are making use of the Fed Ex option now within Kinko's.
                      Of HT users that responded anyway.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Doesn't seem that many are making use of the Fed Ex option now within Kinko's.
                        You could yell louder if you think it'll help our comprehension, but I think that you've just answered your own question...
                        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Working...
                        X