Where to go for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to go for breakfast?

Gee, Cyn, you must have some breakfast-brunch budget, Kiddo!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      Gee, Cyn, you must have some breakfast-brunch budget, Kiddo!
      i wish i did! we don't have much opportunity to go out to dinner anymore, what with our schedules, so for the last six months or so, eric and i treat ourselves to breakfast out. for the record, all the places i named are places we've gone to over the last five years.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I go to Seafood Legends or is it Legends Seafood in the Chinese Cultural Center at Beretania and Maunakea once a week on my day off for breakfast. I have heard other people say they have the best dim sum in town and I have never found better. (Is there a dim sum thread?) Being a late sleeper on my days off makes this convenient as they open at 10:30 on weekdays.

After eating, the wife and I hit the Chinatown markets for produce, baked goods (Royal Kitchen) and maybe a little Chinese medicine.
        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Here's a place I bet alot of people don't think about for breakfast....Elena's Filipino Foods in Waipahu. Probably the best tasting pancakes bar none. Longonisa and eggs...yum, and we go to the fried rice omelets. You can have them with plain breakfast meats fried rice inside or stuffed with pork adobo fried rice. They used to have it with giusantes fried rice and/or dinaguan fried rice, not sure if they still make those.
          GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            grand cafe on pauahi street downtown (they have my favorite corned beef hash on the island, plus bananas foster french toast, and griddle cakes. you can top off your breakfast debauchery with their bread pudding or their chocolate cake, which are both divine)
            I was trying to figure out the name of this place. I passed it on foot a few months ago while on my way to Maunakea Mktplace. It looked really cool, Europeanish, and tucked away, but right in the middle of a busy area. So glad you mentioned it. Will have to go in soon.
            n'importe

Comment

Well, I just have to add the Tasty Crust located in Wailuku, Maui to this list! I absolutely loved their banana pancakes and the linguesa! Here's a link to a review that I wrote for my site! Check it out to see some pics of what we ordered!

Comment

Working...
              X