Tax Hike for Rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tax Hike for Rail?

Go to HonoluluTraffic.com to read what traffic experts have to say about rail.

...rail transit is something we cannot AFFORD, cannot MAINTAIN, and do not NEED....
    The city will not be able to afford the rail project as maintaining and upgrading the sewers will become a higher priority.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

damn, and my office is partially involved with the rail project. we just wanna get paid.
      www.raceeventshawaii.com

Comment

Many US cities have rail. NOT ONE has had less traffic congestion as a result.

Why would we spend all this money for something that never works?

Comment

I have resigned myself to the fact of higher taxes for the Transit System.
          I want to know who is going to watch dog to make sure every penny of the increased tax goes to TRANSIT and not WAGE INCREASES for governement or some other NEW PROJECT that comes along.

Anyone know if there is a community group watching our tax dollars ???

Comment

Originally posted by bluecrushkid View Post
            I want to know who is going to watch dog to make sure every penny of the increased tax goes to TRANSIT and not WAGE INCREASES for governement or some other NEW PROJECT that comes along.
            I nominate HT's very own Mel. I am not kidding. Okay, maybe a little, but I trust he will be watching it closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I nominate HT's very own Mel. I am not kidding. Okay, maybe a little, but I trust he will be watching it closely.
              Bad idea. He would take something someone else said or wrote, get it all twisted in his head and think it was an insult.

And then he'd freak out.

Would make for good television, but bad government. I am not kidding.

At all.

Comment

Again Palolo Joe, you have to resort to personal attack as usual.

There are several groups, individuals and organizations watch dogging the local government. I am sure folks have heard of some that I will list here.

HawaiiReporter.com
                Grassroot Institute of Hawaii
                Tax Foundation of Hawaii
                Cliff Slater
                LetHonoluluVote.org

I'll even include the two local papers The Honolulu Advertiser and StarBulletin on this, especially if there is a massive shift in funds anywhere. Or shortfall, increase or whatever. I am sure there are others.
                Last edited by mel; January 20, 2007, 10:46 AM.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  Again Palolo Joe, you have to resort to personal attack as usual.
                  Wrong again, as usual. Whether you like it or not, I've got my own opinion, and I'm going to voice it.

I wouldn't want you in charge of any policy, funding or oversight of anything government or tax-related.

I don't trust you, and judging by the way you react to online posts, it would be disastrous if it actually happened in real life. Let some of those other groups you mentioned do the work. Go take some pictures or something instead.

That's my opinion, and too bad if you don't like it.

Comment

I never said I wanted to be the board watchdog for taxes. I suggested the other organizations and there they are. That's it.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Apologies, Mel & Joe. Didn't mean to start a dustup.

Comment

Working...
                      X