Pali Hwy. shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pali Hwy. shut down

I haven't found another mention on HT of todays landslide on the Pali Hwy...or maybe we're all just 'disastered out':
    Star-Bulletin
    Advertiser

Did any of you get caught in the traffic tie-ups created by shutting down the Pali? After watching the coverage on the news it's amazing that no one was hurt when the hillside gave way...more than once. I shutter to think how I would've handled being stuck inside a tunnel.

Stories anyone?

Re: Pali Hwy. shut down

Mom and I took a half day today to visit my step-sister who just gave birth last night.

After our visit to the hospital, she and I decided to do a shopping day at Waikele -- where it rained all afternoon, but luckily it wasn't the downpour it could've been. The traffic from town to the stadium was horrendous as people were desperate to get on the H3. We weren't stuck in traffic at all. We were lucky.

Glad no one got hurt so far, and prayers to the people who got stuck inside the tunnel before disaster hit.

But yes, I think we're so very disaster-ed out.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Re: Pali Hwy. shut down

Earthquake, heavy rains, landslide... we need to be better prepared. I know this is an island, but we need a colaboration between emergency, communication, and other vital support groups.

I don't know how HPD or the others handled it, but ever since the earthquake, we need to learn how to communicate with each other.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
      X