It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

LOL! I was just going to ask if you guys were tryin' to make me think I was crazy because I wasn't sure whether I was imagining the changes to the thread title or whether the title really was changing whenever I looked at it.

I usually can't stand to watch FoxNews on tv but I do enjoy their website.

Comment

Re: "Faux News...Literally!" or, "Oh, for Fox's Sake!"

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      FM, why do you assume Ron was speaking only of O'Reilly's conversation with Rev. Sharpton, just because it was one example you cited?
      Well, I did specifically mention Al Sharpton in the post prior.

But so as not to get to into a drawn-out and off-topic argument over this, fine, your point is taken.

O'Reilly's use of the "shut up!" and "cut his mic" technique are legendary (and high ratings bringers); there are many guests, Rev. Sharpton included, who have not been silenced in such a manner - and there are many who have.
      There are some folks whose arguments hold a lot of weight and can't be so easily dismissed. Sharpton is one of them. So is former San Fran mayor Willie Brown, who is obviously on the other side of the political spectrum from O'Reilly, but possesses one of the sharpest minds when it comes to sizing up the impact of hot-button issues on the political process. Billo and more importantly, his audience, knows it.

And then, you have those other guests who are children of a lesser god when it comes to holding their own in a debate or panel discussion.

O'Reilly gets testy and cuts off people, sure. But then again, so does Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz over in MSNBC land. That's how it is in these kinds of shows. And frankly speaking, these hosts cut off some people for good reason. Some guests say the most ridiculous things that can't be backed up. Others just plain aren't assertive enough or can't think fast enough to make it as a talking head on TV.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        And then, you have those other guests who are children of a lesser god when it comes to holding their own in a debate or panel discussion.
        Yeah. Look up Jeremy Glick, wouldja? The anti-war protester whose father was killed in the 9/11 attacks? And go beyond the transcript, to O'Reilly's later out-and-out lies about what Glick said on the show.

Sorry - O'Reilly is not worthy of any respect in the news realm.

Comment

In the words of the two wild and crazy guys, "FOXES!"

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            In the words of the two wild and crazy guys, "FOXES!"
            Frankie & I can be "the two mild and lazy guys!"

Comment

Sorry - O'Reilly is not worthy of any respect in the news realm.
              As I originally said, I would rather watch the Factor than Countdown. Coming from me, that's rather faint praise. Olbermann's show may the highest rated program on MSNBC as it preaches to the true believers on the left, but I far prefer Hardball (Chris Matthews) and the Rachel Maddow Show. Both of these shows are far more informative and provocative than an hour of "Right you are, Keith!" And as flawed as the O'Reilly Factor is, I would also put that show just above Countdown as well.

What? Do I have to go over the Factor's flaws to make some folks here happy?

Here goes. When Dennis Miller comes on, it's instant change the channel time with me. And I don't see the point in Billo sending out a flunkie with a camera operator to do those "ambush" interviews. It's a stunt that provides little value in the way of obtaining real information. But mostly, it's just a form of harassment. The one ambush interview that I did find interesting was when Bill Moyers was able to turn the tables on O'Reilly's producer and ambushed him in turn with cameras that captured the entire inteview, unedited.

Rude behavior? Cutting off others before they have a chance to finish their thoughts? Nah, Billo is far from unique in that regard. Besides, he hardly comes close to being numero-uno in that category. In cable TV news, the grand poobah of interrupting people and making snide/sarcastic remarks is Nancy Grace.
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 12, 2009, 08:39 PM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                It's Not Necessarily the News.
                *snorts clumsily* brilliant!

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                Personally, I think Cyn was feeling particularly adversarial that day, and Fox News just got on her last nerve.
                actually, no. when i wrote that post i was in quite a good mood--partially due to meds.

In America we have the freedom of choosing which version of reality we want to believe. I reject your reality and substitute my own, as do millions of other conservative Americans. Vive la Liberte!
                yes. wouldn't it be best to choose a "reality" on real facts, not shamelessly manufactured ones? "leaning" is one thing; complete fabrication & manipulation is another. if an msnbc newsmag had done the same thing, i would have been glad to point it out here, with a similarly disapproving tone.

PS It will be nice to see Lou Dobbs move over to the Fox fold!
                that would be a better fit for dobbs.

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                Chirp, chirp.
                very cheeky, nords!

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I love Cyn's threads!

This is gospel.
                as i've said before, i might be catholic, but i aint jesus. i'm also far from being a saint! shoot--i'm not even one of the nice people on HT! thanks for the compliment, tho!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Cyleet, if you run across something from CNN, please post it.
                I'm on the hunt!
                very good, indeed.

BTW, thanks for the info about MSNBC; I coulda sworn I saw Olbermann on CNN. I still don't like him as a commentator; unfortunately I have not seen any of his work as a journalist.
                i've said this before: i used to be a fan o'keith's but when he used language against hillary reminiscent of abusing females, he lost me forever. olberman and o'reilly are two sides of the same coin. in my opinion, neither are journalists.

Interesting to see the change from this thread's original title:

"Faux News...Literally!" or, "Oh, for Fox's Sake!"

to the more innocuous:

"FOX News Network".

Trying to fool conservative HT'ers into reading the thread, perhaps?
                Now changed to:

It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

Too much fun on HT today!
                thanks for documenting those changes, leo. i still prefer my original title, since it's truth in advertising. maybe the resident former ka leo editor in chief will chime in with something succint that will also satisfy helen's need for a certain level of detail.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Quote from Fox:I will say that I admire Fox News for admitting their error; that was the right thing to do.
                  As opposed to admitting they deliberately used misleading footage?
                  Burl Burlingame
                  "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                  honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                    I wasn't sure whether I was imagining the changes to the thread title.
                    The powers don't seem to appreciate creative titles. Fair enuf.

I'm all over the map and beyond on the political spectrum. Truth is what it's about. Without it, forget it.
                    omg. Please tell me you didn't say that. If what you say is true, then Fox is "just a basic news show" as well.
                    It is for the most part, but they have their many segments that are obviously meant to direct attention away from the realities of serious matters and corrupt the truth to favor the far out of touch Limbonians. I don't see CNN doing that. They are much more on a continuous center line. Of course that alone drives the hard right into a frothing frenzy.
                    Plus, just the way the mods often tend to have a snarky edge to the presentations of anything that concerns a left side view is irritating and stokes the fires against them.
                    BTW, go on any US military base mess hall/rec room that has a TV on the news, and guess what station it's on..., unless I'm watching. And that's about the extent of my TV viewing these days. As Neil Young sings, "the only thing good on TV these day's is Leave It To Beaver". And a belated Happy Birthday! (yesterday) to a 64 yr. old Neil.

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                    Cha-ching! Pay the man!
                    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 13, 2009, 07:10 AM.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Thank you, LL

FM, why do you assume Ron was speaking only of O'Reilly's conversation with Rev. Sharpton, just because it was one example you cited? O'Reilly's use of the "shut up!" and "cut his mic" technique are legendary.
                      I gave Brillo his chance, just like I even gave the past putrid Rush his, loooong ago. Miserable fails.
                      But the FOX teammates all too often do their usual misservice to the public by not giving their blue moon lefty guests a fair uninterupted chance to have thier fair say.

Hume? I've usually only seen him on the FOX Sunday morning show where he behaves like a jerk, giving nothing but a wholly biased take on virtually everything, sometimes unable to restrain himself from spittletood. Full on lap dog, or just simply wrong.

O'Reilly gets testy and cuts off people, so does Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz on MSNBC. That's how it is in these kinds of shows. And frankly speaking, these hosts cut off some people for good reason.
                      True, but those are about the only two that do it, and nowhere near the way FOXers do, especially Brillo. How the producers and all those involved cannot be totally embarrassed by it is unbelieveable. I'd quit.

Olbermann's show may the highest rated program on MSNBC as it preaches to the true believers on the left, but I far prefer Hardball (Chris Matthews) and the Rachel Maddow Show. Both of these shows are far more informative and provocative than an hour of "Right you are, Keith!" And as flawed as the O'Reilly Factor is, I would also put that show just above Countdown as well.
                      When Dennis Miller comes on, it's instant change the channel time with me.
                      Rude behavior? Cutting off others before they have a chance to finish their thoughts? In cable TV news, the grand poobah of interrupting people and making snide/sarcastic remarks is Nancy Grace.
                      You mean, Nancy Disgrace? Shows how deep into the cesspool so many Americans are.

KO: I know he get's over-reved on some things, but his views are valid commentary on what he takes on. I've never heard him be wrong, and he's usually hitting bullseyes against those he rightfully hates which is why he's vilified by the 20%ers. His counterparts like Seanbeckbaugh can't open their mouths without the crap falling out.

Miller: What a disappointment the first time I heard his political views. I'll never listen to him again.

Comment

Re: Thank you, LL

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Hume? I've usually only seen him on the FOX Sunday morning show where he behaves like a jerk, giving nothing but a wholly biased take on virtually everything, sometimes unable to restrain himself from spittletood. Full on lap dog, or just simply wrong.
                        So the truth comes out. You're judging Hume's "bias" as a political analyst/panelist on FOX News Sunday, rather than in his former role as the FOX Special Report anchor or as a straight news reporter for ABC. Fine, you're simply disagreeing with his partisan views, just as you probably disagree with Pat Buchanan (an MSNBC political analyst) whenever he appears on Hardball, expressing his partisan views.

That's what a political analyst gets paid to do, Ron. They're supposed to be partisan and expressing their personal insights and opinions.

True, but those are about the only two that do it, and nowhere near the way FOXers do, especially Brillo. How the producers and all those involved cannot be totally embarrassed by it is unbelieveable. I'd quit.
                        Dang! I would not only quit. I would set Billo's entire wardrobe on fire in the studio parking lot and I would give out whatever O'Reilly Factor bloopers and outtakes that are in my possession to Jon Stewart's show.

But then again, it's so easy to say stuff like that when you don't actually work in that field.

You mean, Nancy Disgrace? Shows how deep into the cesspool so many Americans are.
                        You either love her or hate her. And she has enough of the former to sustain her show on HLN.

KO: I know he get's over-reved on some things, but his views are valid commentary on what he takes on. I've never heard him be wrong, and he's usually hitting bullseyes against those he rightfully hates which is why he's vilified by the 20%ers.
                        Countdown is Keith's personal soapbox and he's entitled to do whatever he wants with that hour, just as Billo has with the Factor. They're direct competitors, both in terms of political ideology and capturing ratings (their "live" shows go on the air at the same time).

Billo discusses the issues with a conservative slant, and he reveals his bias in an open, unapologetic manner. Of course, that endears him to the hardcore right-wing while enraging the liberals. And it's all by design.

Keith does the same thing too, but sans any debate and dissenting opinion. And that is the reason why I find his show less interesting than Billo's. Pure and simple.

Miller: What a disappointment the first time I heard his political views. I'll never listen to him again.
                        I stopped listening him to back when he was on Monday Night Football.

Comment

I never found him interesting as a "comedian." Whatever he is talking about or doing, I find him as dull and boring as a Yugo without whitewalls.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                            Baby steps, Burl, baby steps. Admittedly, a rather colicky baby, but still...

Comment

Talk about paint drying...?

1) So the truth comes out.
                              2) You're judging Hume's "bias" as a political analyst/panelist on FOX News Sunday, rather than in his former role as the FOX Special Report anchor or as a straight news reporter for ABC. That's what a political analyst gets paid to do. They're supposed to be partisan and expressing their personal insights and opinions.
                              1) When have you seen me be untruthful?
                              2) Yes. That's where he get's paid to let his hair down and speak as he feels. Why would I judge him when being paid to play it at least quasi-straight on the evening news?

Comment

That's the news, and I am outta hea!

Comment

Working...
                                X