Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cultural thing...

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
    LOL, thx for clearing that up Muilang. Hehe. I still think I'd be cooler to be part of a Lemur family hehe...
    Mahalo Tita Miulang for explaining about The Lemurians.

Whitepoint3rchum, I can assure you the Lemurians is much cooler than the Lemurs! The spiritual and mystical aspects is quite astonishing. No words can explain what is felt and experienced first hand.

Yes, those who don't understand are ignorant of the facts and laugh. Those who try to be open, see the historical evidence, are amazed and want to learn more. They are not prejudice or make fun of other people's belief's nor of one's heritage.

It's sad when one can not respect another's heritage, culture, race or "piko!"

What a Sad Human being you are!!!

Auntie "Lemurian" Lynn

Update: btw: I have a very strong image of a red pillow in my head. Get rid of it.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 23, 2006, 11:53 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      And Hawaii needs her locals. Those who love here, give back, learn to adapt (if they aren't born here) and have loyalty to the aina. These are her sons and daughters. Eventually, they will become part of other Hawaiians' ancestry. If you love Her enough, your piko will tie in.
      That was beautifully said.

At this rate I'm going to have to start a quote book for myself from this site (thinking of someone's "Grandma's wisdom" on another thread, about this same subject...) "Kill 'em with kindness."

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
        That was beautifully said.

At this rate I'm going to have to start a quote book
        yea, and all da royalties goin to Pua'i.
        who by now should have a book out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

What a Sad Human being you are!!!
          What? are you talking about ME, or are you saying people who can't tolerate such things are sad human beings? I was laughing because of my error in thinking the Lemurians to be refering to actual lemurs, not at the group itself.
          "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
          "But I can't even read good."
          "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
          "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Yes, I'm talking to you. Words can not lie.

LOL, thx for clearing that up Muilang. Hehe. I still think I'd be cooler to be part of a Lemur family hehe...
            As Tita Miulang explained...
            Erm, Tita is not descended from marsupials, she is a descendant of a former society called Lemuria.

Guess you rather be part of marsupials but in your case ~ Sharks?

To each his/her own. I'll respect that.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

Jay Zeus kee rice.

My sentiments exactly. You ^ need to lighten up. I didn't even read about your group, all I was saying was, and it was in a playful way, "It would be tight to belong to a Lemur organization because Lemurs are cool. Not commenting on your Lemurian society in any way, positive or negative." There, easier to understand? *shakes his head*

Additionally, both for muilang and aunty- lemurs aren't marsupials. I don't know where you got such info but it's wrong. Lemurs are primates.
              Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; July 23, 2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Additionally, both for muilang and aunty- lemurs aren't marsupials. I don't know where you got such info but it's wrong. Lemurs are primates.
                Agreed.

Primates also DERMOPTERA (flying lemurs)

"There are two species of Dermoptera in one family native to Southeast Asian mountain or lowland forests. Flying Lemurs are 340-420 mm. body length, with long limbs and tail, large eyes, short ears and nocturnal habits. When outstretched, membranes running from the neck to the front feet, back feet, and end of the tail allow flying lemurs to glide between branches and to feed on flowers and fruit high in tree tops or on outermost tree limbs that are out of the reach of most animals. Activity is reduced during the day when Flying Lemurs hang upside down by their claws. Gestation is 60 days, and only one offspring is born per litter. Young receive extended maternal care and several flying lemurs may live together (Nowak 1991)."
                http://www.demogr.mpg.de/longevityrecords/0201.htm

Still, one should "respect" another's opionion no matter how lolo it may seem.

Auntie PuPule

Comment

Very true. I was talking more about the ring-tailed, etc. variety but in sny case they aren't marsupials. Also Lynn, what belief are you talking about? I was in no way attacking you or anyone else for that matter. I don't understand where this hostility came from. What belief is lolo? Who ever said that? I merely stated it would be cool to be in a lemur clan, in a joking way. I don't actually want to be part of a lemur society for goodness sake. I merely confuse Lemurian for an adjective form of Lemur before I was enlightened by Muilang.
                  Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; July 23, 2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Whitepoint3rchum, It's been over an hour since I posted my comment. Pau already. Nuff said. I'm not well. On with the new.

Have a nice day.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey, I know what! Let's analyze everything to death!

(emoticon of your choice)

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        Hey, I know what! Let's analyze everything to death!

(emoticon of your choice)

Damn straight crazy woman, jump on board next time.

Aunty, hatchet burried.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalu
                          You guys are going to have to stop calling the Continental States "the Mainland". For those of us who have their roots firmly embedded in the soil of these Islands, the States are not our "mainland", Hawai'i is our mainland. Please cease your inconsiderate references, it's irritating.
                          Nalu, I hear what you're saying. Those of us in the Seattle area who write for and publish the Northwest Hawai`i Times newspaper have had this very same discussion, and the editor-in-chief has expressed her similar dislike for the term "Mainland."
                          Unfortunately, we haven't been able to agree on an acceptable alternative yet - "Continental States" is accurate, but clunky. "Mainland" is common usage to describe the continental part of a region, particularly in relation to islands, so it's also an accurate definition (your use of "main" in this case takes it into a different realm.)
                          Other suggestions? The floor is open.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalu
                            You guys are going to have to stop calling the Continental States "the Mainland". For those of us who have their roots firmly embedded in the soil of these Islands, the States are not our "mainland", Hawai'i is our mainland. Please cease your inconsiderate references, it's irritating.
                            I just call it "America".

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              I just call it "America".
                              Nice, but that doesn't work if you are trying to differentiate between the State of Hawai`i, and the states of the North American continent. Try identifying the latter simply as "America" and you'll be inundated with comments pointing out that Hawai`i is a part of America, too.

Comment

How about "The 48"?

Comment

Working...
                                X