Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

I'm sure by now most of you have heard about the Colorado family who reported that their 6 year old boy was carried away in a large helium-filled balloon. When the balloon finally landed, the boy was nowhere to be found in the balloon's compartment. Shortly afterwards, the boy was found hiding in the family home's attic. The media and authorities assumed that in the confusion of the balloon flying away that an honest mistake was made by the family in thinking that 6 year old Falcon was carried away by the balloon. But as more information has come to light, it beginning to look more and more like this whole thing was a hoax perpetrated by the parents. MSNBC's Ed Schultz did an excellent report on the story today.

The Ed Show

As Richard Heene (the father) often asked viewers on his YouTube show, I pose the same question here. Is this fake or real?
    Fake! The parents planned all this.
    73.08%
    Real! Everything the parents said is true.
    3.85%
    I don't know.
    23.08%
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 16, 2009, 06:17 PM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

your link didn't work so here it is again
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Mahalos, Craig.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

It was a hoax with a "Oh no" because it became a big story with the media's help. The father might make it worse by continuing to lie like in the movie The Hoax.

Comment

A red flag is that the family was on a reality tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            A red flag is that the family was on a reality tv show.
            Wife Swap! I also read that TLC was developing a show for the family. No more, tho! Heene also pitched a show to TLC, which they turned down. I'd also heard during various news interviews with friends and acquaintances of the family that when they heard who was involved in the balloon situation, everyone said they're first thought was it was a publicity stunt by Heene.

The balloon issue is getting iffier and iffier!

Comment

I can't imagine anyone misrepresenting the safety of their child, so until there's some proof one way or the other, I'll trust that the proper authorities are thoroughly investigating all possibilities.

Comment

CNN news is reporting right now that the "sheriff is anticipating criminal charges". So far, the sheriff is not saying just what the charges are possibly going to be.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

There is something very strange about these parents. During a tv interview, their son becomes sick to his stomach. The dad hardly misses a beat as he continues with the interview, while his poor son pukes into a bowl. At least the mom offered a quick wiping of the mouth to the sick son, all caught on camera, because the all-important interview must not be stopped of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTa_Q0QggSk&NR=1
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Where's the "Ainokea" option?

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      There is something very strange about these parents. During a tv interview, their son becomes sick to his stomach. The dad hardly misses a beat as he continues with the interview, while his poor son pukes into a bowl. At least the mom offered a quick wiping of the mouth to the sick son, all caught on camera, because the all-important interview must not be stopped of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTa_Q0QggSk&NR=1
                      She almost spends more time wiping off the other kid's leg (the child sitting next to the pukey kid) as she does the poor child who is obviously either drugged up or so terrified he's sick to his stomach or both. Hope CPS gets involved if this turns out the way we think it will!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

This is starting to remind me of the Dionne Quintuplets story.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Where's the "Ainokea" option?
                          The people who really "nokea" wouldn't even waste a second of their time responding to a poll, right?

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                          She almost spends more time wiping off the other kid's leg (the child sitting next to the pukey kid) as she does the poor child who is obviously either drugged up or so terrified he's sick to his stomach or both. Hope CPS gets involved if this turns out the way we think it will!
                          I don't think Falcon is drugged.

Watch the Ed Show video I posted at the beginning of this thread. (My link is now fixed.) On Thursday night's Larry King Live, Falcon looks a little restless and anxious. He might have been nervous, but he doesn't appear sick. This is the show where Falcon said he heard folks calling him from the attic, but he stayed hidden "for the show." Oh oh! The parents have a problem on their hands. Their 6 year old boy needs to be coached to give the media the "right" answers on subsequent interviews.

Fast forward a few hours later to Good Morning America and the Today Show. Falcon now looks extremely tired and queasy. He vomits on both appearances. Was he deprived of getting enough sleep as his father drilled him all night on how to answer questions? Was he intimidated or maybe, even abused in some way? Your guess is as good as mine. All we know for sure is that by Friday morning, Falcon looks sick and fatigued. Who can blame him? The poor boy has suddenly been thrust into the center of a media circus, where he is under extreme pressure to give the right answers (not necessarily honest ones) to reporters asking him questions. No six year old child should be subjected to this!

I mention the possibility that Falcon may have been abused. I wouldn't put it past Richard Heene. Watch his behavior on Wife Swap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_WTWSHUi5M

While it's not unusual for verbal spats to occur on that show, at 7:50, Richard crosses the line and douses his family's "new" mom with milk. And this is something he did in front of the cameras. What kind of abuse is he capable of when there are no cameras around? Click on the following link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5390622.shtml

The Larimer County Sheriff's deputy who went to the home said he heard a man yelling and, once inside, noticed Mayumi Heene had a mark on her cheek and broken blood vessels in her eye. She said it was because of a problem with her contacts.

Richard Heene said he was yelling because his children stayed up past their bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            The people who really "nokea" wouldn't even waste a second of their time responding to a poll, right?
                            You've been around HT long enough to know the answer to that one, FM.

Comment

well, we know what larimer county law enforcement thinks.

The episode that transfixed the nation last week — a spaceshiplike balloon floating through the Colorado skies with a 6-year-old boy named Falcon believed to be inside — was declared a hoax by the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office on Sunday.

Richard Heene and his wife, Mayumi, have not been arrested, but Sheriff Alderden said that among the charges being considered were three felonies: conspiracy between the husband and the wife to commit a crime, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and an attempt to influence a public servant, the last of which carries a prison term of six years. The charges could also include a misdemeanor, filing a false report.

The sheriff said his conclusions were based on separate interviews of the Heenes and their three children as well as searches of their computers, e-mail records and documents in their home. He said the plot to send up a balloon and tell the authorities that Falcon was aboard was planned two weeks ago, with the aim of obtaining a contract to do a reality television show.

He said the authorities had asked a professor of physics at Colorado State University whether the balloon could fly with a 37-pound boy inside. The professor determined that this particular balloon could not, even though the compartment, put together with duct tape and plywood, could carry the boy.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                              X