backwoodlessons2

Comment

Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

If you like my Fatboys check out my other thread Fatboys Thread
      backwoodlessons2

Comment

Re: Kapahulu Ave. Restaurant Update

Originally posted by Pomai
        Also noticed Dunkin' Donuts in the former Genki Sushi building near Diamond Head Video was closed too.
        [
        The Dunkin' Donuts in Kailua has closed too.
        backwoodlessons2

Comment

Mopu Tofu (Spicy), Rice, Cucumber/Tomato Salad with Mayo from Linh's on
          N. King Street. $4.50

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The movie Super Size Me scared me away from McDonalds for the past year. Tonight, though, the kids were sick and I knew Happy Meals would put smiles on their faces, so we did the drive-thru thing. (And since hubby's away on business, I had half a pint of Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond for dinner.)
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

For you Coscto shopping BBQ fans out there, there's a new seasoning that looks very interesting.

It's called Hawaiian Seasoning. Well somethin' like that. The ingredients include Hawaiian Salt, sugar, dehydrated ginger, garlic, green onions, paprika and a few other stuff. A large container is $8.99. Slighty higher than the McCormick stuff.

Reason I mention this, is because Lavagal wanted to know about the Montreal Seasoning, which I already explained in the "What's for Lunch" thread". If you're a steak lover, you HAVE to pick up that Montreal Seasoning!

I'm gonna' pick up that Hawaiian Seasoning this weekend and give it a shake on some BBQ Ribeyes.

For dinner tonight? Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin).
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Lazy here...had a boiled egg and an ice cream bar. Hardly ever eat ice cream.

Comment

unreal baked chicken bento from the korean lady's little mini-mart in the lawyers bldg on halekauwila...pure ono, but now i'm hungry again...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

I wen go eat at Liliha Bakery tonight. I had the breakfast plate wid portugese sausage, eggs and rice. Ono. But how come the jelly is so bright red?

Comment

Today I'm making coq au vin. Yum.

Comment

Brown rice pilaf, Alaska sockeye salmon grilled with seafood rub, and peas. Babka for dessert.

Last night I made chicken papaya. I actually was able to find green papaya in a supermarket up here. Onolicious!

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Spagetti with meatsauce. Neva had enough spagetti noodles, so I improvised with larged egg noodles.

A&W Root Beer (drinking soda is habit forming)

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak plate lunch from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ. Also a large cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Ate the left over pizza from lunch. Papa John's thin crust, sausage and cheese.

Comment

Classic French Rack Of Lamb

Originally posted by MadAzza
                                Today I'm making coq au vin. Yum.
                                Ooh la la.. French cookin'!

Not making this tonight, but here's my recipe for...

CLASSIC FRENCH RACK OF LAMB
                                • Lamb rib racks (Costco or Sam's is the cheapest)
                                • White Wine (of your choice)
                                • Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon)
                                • Bread Crumbs (Panko works too!)
                                • Fresh Garlic - minced
                                • Fresh Rosemary - chopped
                                • Fresh cracked black pepper and salt
                                • Mint Jelly (this is a MUST!)

Preheat oven on BAKE at 400 degrees.

Combine chopped Rosemary, minced garlic and bread crumbs (or Panko) in a bowl and set aside.

Sprinkle enough white wine on Lamb racks to coat then season well with salt 'n pepper. Sear until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.

Take the browned Lamb racks and coat ONLY the meat portion with Dijon Mustard. Then dip that part in the bread crumb/garlic/rosemary mixture.

Place seared and coated lamb racks on broiler pan and bake until medium rare (approximately 30 minutes). Use a thermometer if necessary.

DON'T OVERCOOK or you'll ruin it. Rack of Lamb should be cooked medium-rare (slightly pink in the middle).

When done, remove from oven and let Lamb Racks sit for about 15 minutes to let juices settle. Then cut along each rib and portion to plate.

Serve with mint jelly and your choice of starch and vegetables.DON'T FORGET THE MINT JELLY... very IMPORTANT!

As an accompaniment, I would recommend Garlic Mashed Potato and Asparagus, along with a small portion of butter-sauteed mushrooms.

Garnish with a sprig of Rosemary and some Mint Leaves.

Definately a RED WINE (such as Cabernet Sauvignon) with this dish.
                                Last edited by Pomai; October 29, 2005, 09:00 PM.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X