Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Mixed Plate
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Ali`i

Default More bad management/decisions...

Another example of common sense and decency gone astray, allowing a few to aggravate and inconvenience the community - www.starbulletin.com/news/20081216_post_marathon_mess_citys_fault_group_says .html

Not to mention the bus/traffic reroutes that made a rainy early Sunday morning even more sucky.
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: More bad management/decisions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
Another example of common sense and decency gone astray, allowing a few to aggravate and inconvenience the community - www.starbulletin.com/news/20081216_post_marathon_mess_citys_fault_group_says .html

Not to mention the bus/traffic reroutes that made a rainy early Sunday morning even more sucky.
I made some comments about the mess and post-race in the comments section of the article. As for the bus/traffic reroutes this happens every year. I often scratch my head wondering, gee these people sitting at the bus routes have a very long wait as the buses arent coming anytime soon. Be informed of what is happening, never assume, learned that a long time ago.

Our marathon is one of the most popular races in the world, we have a high count of visitors coming each and every year, spending money which we need and we should be proud they want to come HERE and not other places, we have one of the most beautiful courses anywhere! I think only 10, maybe 15% of the race has locals in it, so the marathon itself is mostly fueled by the tourists.

You couple this with the Sony Open, and the Pro Bowl in February and that is millions of tourists dollars being spent here in a very short period of time. Hopefully the Pro Bowl will stay around for years to come.

Aj
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: More bad management/decisions...

Quote:
Here is the correct URL: http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...tml?page=2&c=y

You are such SCROOGE.
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Luna

Send a message via Yahoo to legal_secretary_in_mtl
Default Re: The 2008 Honolulu Marathon

LOL Thanks Auntie !!

He complains about the fireworks (wonder if he viewed my video ) and cant post a readable URL ??? *scratches her head*
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl View Post
congrats on finishing it ! I admire so much anyone and every one who does one ! How did you do ? I think the rain wasnt so bad but when I finished my 10k... i was a bit cold though so I headed back to Auntie's immediately. I didn't even eat anything they had at the site. I know what you mean about doing a marathon. When I did mine a few years ago I was walking like I had been on a horse for days LOL... but well worth the race
It was my 5th year in a row doing the race, I do races all year long with much better times. However, I never concern myself about my overall finishing time, all I care about is finishing the race as that is the most important thing. The rain affected several of my friends who also got blisters and slowed many of us down an hour, even two from previous races! Hopefully next year will be a dry marathon for all!!

I had a friend who passed out about a half hour after the race because he was dehydrated, which shows you even with overcast skies, rain, etc. you can get dehydrated at anytime or condition.

Aj
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Luna

Send a message via Yahoo to legal_secretary_in_mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
(...)

I had a friend who passed out about a half hour after the race because he was dehydrated, which shows you even with overcast skies, rain, etc. you can get dehydrated at anytime or condition.

Aj
Did he hydrate enough before the race or even the days b4 ? Drink enough water ?
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Ali`i

Default 5am Boom-a-thon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
Here is the correct URL: You are such SCROOGE.
Thank you for the link update. And yes, I'll scrooge up on this inappropriate silliness. I doubt I'm alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl View Post
He complains about the fireworks and cant post a readable URL ??? *scratches her head*
These are temporary links from the newspaper sites and change often until they are archived. But keep scratching, maybe you'll find something.

KB, the $ generated are the only positive I'll agree to at this point. As I said, run them, just do it within sensibilities for the rest/majority of us who couldn't care less.
As far as being aware, I was, but plenty weren't, and who can be aware of everything? The Bus doesn't bother to notify in any manner, and then wrongly info'd the drivers per the changes who were left improving.
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: 5am Boom-a-thon

Quote:
As far as being aware, I was, but plenty weren't, and who can be aware of everything? The Bus doesn't bother to notify in any manner, and then wrongly info'd the drivers per the changes who were left improving.
The Bus should have digital monitors on MOST major routes/streets on top of the bus roof stops that designate when a bus is coming and if it is late, running on a holiday schedule, not running, etc. They are slowly starting to bring these along, but far too slow in my opinion.

Aj
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Another reason to live in the country...

Were you too again awaken in town at 5am this Sunday morning by major fireworks, while hoping to sleep in, so a thousand runners can start plodding off in the rain for miles, all for a silly marathon race?

Kinda makes one think of sticking a foot out in the way of the front runner and tripping up the whole lot of them..., or suggesting that from now on, those that think this rudeness is so great, stick the pyros where the sun never shines, and light them off.

ron, which came first--your residence in the neighborhood, or the marathon going through or near it?

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213