Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iLind.net

As I posted on HawaiiBlog:
    Congratulations to long-time Hawaii blogger Ian Lind for logging his millionth visitor today. (When I checked in, I was logged as visitor number 1,000,050.) As Ian himself notes, the true number of iLind.net visitors likely surpasses a million a year. But he's had that old-school GIF counter from thecounter.com on his site since 1999.

Ian is one of Hawaii's most famous (or infamous) bloggers. He "made waves" by blogging the possible shutdown of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. The newspaper survived, but his employment there did not. Fortunately, he's not stopped writing, working as a freelance writer and researcher. His blog remains a must-read resource for anyone in the local news biz.

I was especially thrilled to see him finally move over to WordPress in May. I can appreciate the joy of a hand-coded website, but the upgrade gave his readers RSS feeds and comments, and spared him the hassles of posting, linking, and archiving manually. As a result, he occasionally posts more than just once a day. Sometimes that just means more cat photos, but sometimes it means a hot scoop.

Crossing the threshold into seven figures is a noteworthy milestone. I hope Ian enjoys the extra glass of wine that he promised himself!
    Agree with him on the issues or not, I think there's no denying that Hawaii's media and political landscape is all the better with Ian at his keyboard!

Re: iLind.net: Here's to the next million!

I agree.

Whether I agree with him or not.

I do enjoy and appreciate his commentary, and it's one of my first reads every morning.

Cheers, Ian!

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
      I agree.

Whether I agree with him or not.

I do enjoy and appreciate his commentary, and it's one of my first reads every morning.

Cheers, Ian!
      I am a frequent reader of the ilind net as well. Ian's online presence affirms that journalism is not only a career, but a lifestyle. But now he's his own boss. His pursuits benefit all of us. You cannot put out a reporter and expect that he'll not find a way to continue to do what he loves.
      AND he's put up my cats. AND I love the retro dishes that he and Meda eat from. AND his recipes are always so intriguingly spicy!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I was number 1,000,017
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I'm another one who reads Ian's blog every morning; it's usually one of the first things on my daily list.
          And beside the facets that some of you already mentioned here, I also enjoy seeing his old family photos of the islands back in the day. And his daily photos too - the man is a terrific photographer and has a great eye for composition.
          Ho`omaika`i, Ian!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

ianlind.net

is it just me or does Mr. Lind need some new material?? I've been following him after seeing him referenced on this site and can't seem to grasp why anyone finds him interesting. He seems to just harp on the same stuff. Let's see, he doesn't care for republicans, the Superferry, UH Regents, The Star Bulletin, Military, Home Depot, Amazon....

He talks about those being biased in their opinions like he is someone that is objective. ha!

He does like cats so that does get him a couple of points! Not trying to rag on him too much but his insight lately has been less then meaningful.

Comment

Re: ianlind.net

It's you.
              How come you don't know these things? Curious!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Just like with radio or TV - there's always the "off" switch. Don't read him.

Comment

Originally posted by 808golfer View Post
                  is it just me or does Mr. Lind need some new material?? I've been following him after seeing him referenced on this site and can't seem to grasp why anyone finds him interesting. He seems to just harp on the same stuff. Let's see, he doesn't care for republicans, the Superferry, UH Regents, The Star Bulletin, Military, Home Depot, Amazon....

He talks about those being biased in their opinions like he is someone that is objective. ha!

He does like cats so that does get him a couple of points! Not trying to rag on him too much but his insight lately has been less then meaningful.
                  I read him every day and you're right - he is extremely predictable in his reactions - he seems to have changed very little, if at all, since his college days. Nonetheless, I enjoy the cat, dog and historic photos (he is an amazingly talented photographer). His apparently unwavering belief system is an anachronism worth admiring on a certain level.

FYI, it is ilind.net.
                  Last edited by glossyp; September 6, 2007, 11:15 PM. Reason: better word choice

Comment

Re: iLind.net

Can I use my hawaiistories username to log in or do I have to register separate... and if so, where? Mahalo.
                    Aloha,
                    Mokihana

Comment

Check out Ian's blog for today and see how he responds to this dicussion about him on HT.
                      Also, there appears to be some confusion in the replies to his blog today. As far as I know, Aaron Stene is KonaGuy and not 808Golfer. And I think it's CraigWatanabe who works at Home Depot, not Aaron/KonaGuy, as far as I know.
                      Whew.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        Check out Ian's blog for today and see how he responds to this dicussion about him on HT.
                        Also, there appears to be some confusion in the replies to his blog today. As far as I know, Aaron Stene is KonaGuy and not 808Golfer. And I think it's CraigWatanabe who works at Home Depot, not Aaron/KonaGuy, as far as I know.
                        Whew.
                        Yup, it looks like those comments were wrongly attributed to me. Besides that I don't think its right to be trashing someone else blog by making comments like 808golfer did. It is not my style. I sent Ian an e-mail and tried to give him a call. But he was not home.

I appreciate ZZTYPE making that comment pointing out Ian's gaffe . Also yes I don't work at Home Depot, I work at the other big box lumber outlet.

I'm a bit irritated by this. But I look at this way also, it gives a slew free exposure to my blog
                        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

I received a e-mail from Ian a few moments ago. Apparently when I e-mailed him the comments by 808golfer recently,he misinterpreted them as mine. Anyway he did strike the offending comments from his blog directed to me.

Also thank you Ryan for your comments correcting Ian's blog.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                            [...](he is an amazingly talented photographer). [...]
                            At the end of Ian's Sept. 6 entry there's a photo taken on the beach at Kaaawa. A magnificent photo. Click on it for a larger view. Methinks he should market it!

Comment

I mistakenly think everybody reads Ian daily as I do. Obviously that isn't the case, given his frequent entries about Home Depot and Amazon.com and how neither are consumer friendly to Hawaii. Or maybe no one reads Lee Cataluna. Or maybe they don't read each other.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X