RIP, Jim Winpenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Jim Winpenny

Jim Winpenny, father of Jamie (Jdub), Shannon and Karen, has died. No word yet in the press, but Shannon mentions it today on Facebook. If you didn't personally know Jim, you probably have still been touched by his work, as he was quite a marketing man here in Honolulu. His wife, Mary Veronica Winpenny, was a fixture at Honolulu Publishing for many years. I'm sure he missed her so much after her death in April 2007, that he is probably quite at peace right about now.

Hugs to the Winpenny clan. Best wishes to Jamie, Karen & Shannon. Each of them does their folks proud.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: RIP, Jim Winpenny

Condolences to the Winpenny Ohana

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn Vasquez
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This is such sad news. Jim posted on HT a couple of times under Winp. Jamie, aka jdub, shared the pain of his mother's illness and death with all of us. I hope he knows that we'll share in his grief once again.

My condolences to the family.

RIP, Jim...

Comment

What can I say ?

Ex - Brit armed forces

We all feel.

I put some lovely Yanks and Gurkas under cold ground.

Courageous and ferocious Ladies and Men. I salute them until the day I die.

Grey Man

Comment

Jamie, if and when you check in here again - our thoughts are with you and your family.

Comment

Strength to you and your family Jamie.

Comment

I know I don't post here as much these days, but I just wanted to send my condolences to jdub and his family. I remember jdub's strength a few years ago when his mom died, and I'm very sorry to hear of his father's passing.

(((jdub)))
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

My heartfelt condolences to the Winpenny familly...

Beau

Comment

I still haven't found any media coverage. In my search, however, I found a disturbing incident that happened to jdub a few months ago.

Jamie, when you're up to it, please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Comment

I, too, haven't posted on Hawaii Threads in some time, but wanted to check in today and express my deep grief over Jim's passing. I have known the Winpenny family and their large extended family since 1978. Besides his incredible creative talents, Jim was one of the finest gentlemen I have ever had the privilege of calling my friend. Rest in peace, Jimbo. Give Mary a hug and a squeeze. You are together again where you belong -- in God's loving arms. Karen, Shannon, Jamie and Kevin, you are in our prayers and close to our hearts. Always.

Comment

I'm finally checking in here at HT again, after a litlle over a month since Pa passed (it took me that long to think clearly enough to realize that he had many friends here). It was an extremely difficult time for my sibs and I, but the love, aloha and support we've received has made it that much more bearable. And now seeing that reflected here further eases the pain of Pa's passing.

Thank you, my HT friends, for your kind thoughts and prayers, and particularly LG for starting this thread.
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X