Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    This thread has turned into an orgasm of liberalism.
    Actually, I would liken it to an evaculation of conservatism.

Seriously, I am happy to disagree with you. This thread has turned in to a celebration of common sense.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Yes, Tim, YES, YES! Oh God, OH GOD. Oooooooooh, Tim. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyone got a cigarette?
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Hmmm...now, if we can only get the rest of the nation to follow suit, come Nov. 4...

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          Yes, Tim, YES, YES! Oh God, OH GOD. Oooooooooh, Tim. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyone got a cigarette?
          I'll have what you had.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Hmmm...now, if we can only get the rest of the nation to follow suit, come Nov. 4...
            Suit? I thought it's a blue dress.

Comment

(nah, nah - not really. I'm laughing as I'm reading)
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When did liberalism become common sense? On the flip side, when did conservatism become common sense?

I would argue that too much of leaning to either is an abandonment of common sense. . . . .

Any idea that allows for no thought certainly can't be considered common sense, can it?

Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Any idea that allows for no thought certainly can't be considered common sense, can it?
                  More importantly, any idea that allows for no thought simply can't be considered as an "idea."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just when you thought that the campaign couldn't get any dirtier,....

20 year old Ashley Todd, a volunteer for the McCain campaign in Pittsburgh, hoaxes being the assault victim of an African-American Obama supporter. After being interrogated by the police, Todd admits that no such attack occurred and that her injuries (including a "B" carved into her face by a sharp object) were self-inflicted.

This story would have been merely a sad tale of a mentally disturbed young woman who obviously needs serious help. But what makes this incident so outrageous is how some media outlets, chiefly FOX News, prematurely ran the story without carefully checking all of the facts. FOX News VP John Moody had this to say on the matter on the day the story first broke.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/20...3/jmoody_1023/

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

Only after the facts came out and Todd's story was confirmed to be a hoax did networks like CNN and MSNBC report the incident. CNN's Rick Sanchez reported the story with all of the facts at hand, and boy, did he let the guilty parties (FOX, Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Newsday, and various conservative radio talkshow hosts) have it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137679.html

You tell 'em, Rick!

Sorry Republicans, but with the economy in a shambles and two wars raging, race-baiting and reviving the spectre of Willie Horton won't work this time around.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Obama campaign worker allegedly assaulted at Caledonia home

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Just when you thought that the campaign couldn't get any dirtier,....

20 year old Ashley Todd, a volunteer for the McCain campaign in Pittsburgh, hoaxes being the assault victim of an African-American Obama supporter. After being interrogated by the police, Todd admits that no such attack occurred and that her injuries (including a "B" carved into her face by a sharp object) were self-inflicted.

This story would have been merely a sad tale of a mentally disturbed young woman who obviously needs serious help. But what makes this incident so outrageous is how some media outlets, chiefly FOX News, prematurely ran the story without carefully checking all of the facts. FOX News VP John Moody had this to say on the matter on the day the story first broke.
                        Didn't the same thing happened to the late talk show host Morton Downey Jr?

Comment

Bob Barr predicts McCain will lose Georgia

Wouldn't it be interesting if McCain lost Georgia? The polls currently don't favor that outcome, but it looks like Obama has a good chance to get Montana and South Dakota. Stealing red states was a feat that Hillary was quick to discount.

---

Obama, Japan for Obama!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Didn't the same thing happened to the late talk show host Morton Downey Jr?
                            Yes, he shaved his head and left a swastika mark to hoax being the victim of an attack by Neo-Nazis. It was a publicity stunt designed to get more viewers to watch his dreadful talk show. But when the hoax was uncovered, Downey's credibility (what little he had) and his show ratings took a sharp dive into oblivion.

Getting back to Ashley Todd: I've seen virtually no mention of this story on FOX News today. They're acting like this hornet's nest they stirred didn't happen. I swear, if Chris Wallace does not have the balls to talk about this on his FOX News Sunday show tomorrow, the man would be a total joke as a journalist.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

McCain just can't catch a break...even his brother puts a kink in the campaign

Joe McCain calls 911 because of traffic

Comment

That reminds me of the 911 call from the lady who wanted a burger done right.

Comment

Working...
                                X