X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Check out the HSF website. No firm date yet for resumption of sailing to Kaua'i, but they expect to be sailing again to Maui on Tuesday, Oct. 9 (reservations for 1 person + car RT HNL-Kahului < $300 assuming the surcharge doesn't change).
    Miulang
    I wonder just exactly how much of their own money these private equity investors have put into their Superferry. A $40 million dollar loan from Hawaii treasury and a $160million Federally guaranteed loan should not require much from the so-called "investors", in fact there should still be a surplus of loan monies yet to leave "the investors" hands.

I'd like to see just which and how many Oahu-district legislators received campaign contributions from Superferry interests in the past two elections and for the 2008 election. As has been pointed out before, investors get a much greater return on their monies when they invest in pliant politicians than they get from any other investment.

Let's see which Oahu district legislators rally for Superferry to try to override Hawaii Supreme Court decisions which Superferry does not like. Then let's scrutinize those legislators reported contributions from Superferry interests to see just how cheap those legislators lay down to bed with corporate interests in order to give birth to such foul creatures as Superferry promises to be for Oahu's neighbors.

Comment

CRAIG FOO you still 'round?

FINE.

If you read my post precisely and not selectively than you would have understood that regardless of the theft of the rocks or your allegations of burglarized homes on Kauai, I still support the SF because it's not the SF, it's the individual(s) who commited the crimes.

In the same way I do not generalize and not like ALL of the residents of Kauai just because of the actions of the protestors or members that post on HT.

And to be clear, NO I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE THEFTS EITHER ON MAUI OR KAUAI. If I did, it wouldn't matter anyway!

What's absurd is, well I'll say it, your attempt at making a point! Again I'll be clear, I WOULD KEEP AN OPEN-MIND if the roles were reversed!

CRAIG FOO, if the State and/or SF has disrespected you, STOP BLAMING THE RESIDENTS OF OAHU!

CRAIG FOO my first posts to you was, here suggesting that your lack of gratitude should burden your soul more than the Superferry. After reading more of your posts, I realize that it could be more than just your lack of gratitude.

Carry on. You need not respond, but I predict that you will.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by craig foo View Post
        Anti ferry protesters? Really? Who are anti ferry protestors? Aren't you an anti ferry protester? Aren't you against ferry protesters? How does your being an anti-ferry protester compare with being a pro-ferry protester?

Are you now attempting to be Bill Clinton with his definition of what "is" is?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Yes, but if you try to be more precise in your comments and use less generalizations and oversimplifications, you'll be less likely to be acused of obfuscationism.
          You're new here. You'll learn.
          Care to try again?
          An interesting comment coming from someone who apparently missed the entire point I made in my first post on this topic.

Would you care to add just a sprinkle of contempt to that?
          I think it would go splendidly beside all of that condescendence.

Comment

InfinityProductions says: " FINE... regardless of the theft of the rocks (on Maui)... allegations of (the SF transported burglar who) burglarized homes on Kauai, I still support the SF because it's not the SF, it's the individual(s) who commited the crimes."

Kind of like the rabid dog that carries rabies? It's not the dog's fault, it's the rabies, right? Or like guns don't kill people, people do? Or superspeed ferries don't terrorize and kill marine life, such ferries just move people and their possessions from place to place?

++-
            InfinityProductions says: " my first posts to you was suggesting that your lack of gratitude should burden your soul ..."

Having blood in my veins that came from many generations of souls who suffered for their idea of the United States and for their loved ones, as well as my not being of a first, second, third, fourth or recent immigation generation, I certainly know what ingratitude is and is not without the likes of you suggesting to me what it is based on how shallowly you comprehend reading what I write.

I know this thread is not well representative of Oahu people. This thread is a magnet to the more arrogant, chauvanistic, single-minded, non-Hawaiian mentality representing Oahu and the military madness stationed there. The non-Hawaiian, military madness, chauvanistic, arrogantly Oahu-centric traits in this thread are very appropriate compliments to Superferry interests in the State.
            Last edited by craig foo; September 29, 2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

InfinityProductions says: " FINE... regardless of the theft of the rocks (on Maui)... allegations of (the SF transported burglar who) burglarized homes on Kauai, I still support the SF because it's not the SF, it's the individual(s) who commited the crimes."

Kind of like the rabid dog that carries rabies? It's not the dog's fault, it's the rabies, right? Or like guns don't kill people, people do? Or superspeed ferries don't terrorize and kill marine life, such ferries just move people and their possessions from place to place?

++-
              InfinityProductions says: " my first posts to you was suggesting that your lack of gratitude should burden your soul ..."

Having blood in my veins that came from many generations of souls who suffered for their idea of the United States and for their loved ones, as well as my not being of a first, second, third, fourth or recent immigation generation, I certainly know what ingratitude is and is not without the likes of you suggesting to me what it is based on how shallowly you comprehend reading what I write.

I know this thread is not well representative of Oahu people. This thread is a magnet to the more arrogant, chauvanistic, single-minded, non-Hawaiian mentality representing Oahu and the military madness stationed there. The non-Hawaiian, military madness, chauvanistic, arrogantly Oahu-centric traits in this thread are very appropriate compliments to Superferry interests in the State.
              My goodness CRAIG FOO it's tough being you huh? What is shallowly amusing is your assumption of gender based on my writings.
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                And you're also saying that all or most O`ahu residents are druggies, thieves and rude drivers, but the neighbor islands have none of that now?
                What intelligent person would believe any of that nonsense?!?
                I seem to recall that the most popular source of pakalolo was the Big Island. And some of the worst head-on accidents were on Saddle Road.

Many neighbor islanders might be more "country" than some people on Oahu. But those communities aren't exclusively innocent of drug problems and crime.

And Oahu has it's fair share of rural communities that are more "country" than places like Lihue, Kihei or Lahaina.

To paint Oahu as the center of evil in the state is prejudicial.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post

I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                    An interesting comment coming from someone who apparently missed the entire point I made in my first post on this topic.
                    Would you care to add just a sprinkle of contempt to that?
                    No need. Since you think people missed your point, consider that it was simply because you didn't make your point very well.
                    That's why I wrote this:
                    Yes, but if you try to be more precise in your comments and use less generalizations and oversimplifications, you'll be less likely to be acused of obfuscationism.
                    You're new here. You'll learn.
                    Care to try again?
                    So... feel free to try again.
                    Good luck.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                      I disagree. It is moronic.
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

++-

I have responded at length and with thought to your posts, but you have not replied. When you choose only to respond to posts that ratchet up the rhetoric, it's not hard to see why everyone is coming across as a reactionary.

Comment

I.P. concludes, "What is shallowly amusing is your assumption of gender based on my writings."
                          When I wrote , "Then I.P. doesn't answer the supposition he presented, ..." I had first written '...the supposition he/she presented...' . I prefer to avoid using he/she , using instead the 19th century he , in which the pronoun is not automatically taken to be male only. Of course I had no idea of your sexuality any more than I have of your sexual preference, if you even have one...last I could make out, this thread had zero to do with a person's sexuality. Maybe it's the prefix "Super" in Superferry, maybe it's just the "S" alone, I haven't a clue, but, obviously such gender concerns could be strewn about to eventually become included in any conversation.

Frankly, gender authenticity matters next to nothing to me in this conversation. Few, if any, posters in this thread aspire to make front page news in their authentic name, and fewer still expect to be cited by their user name this forum as even remotely newsworthy.

In forums such as this, we each control our own relative anonymity which permits us all sorts of freedoms of expression. This could all change if some U.S government spokespersons/consultants prevail to ensure that internet posters must post in their legal name; meanwhile, it is quite okay to have anonymously-funded private equity corporations such as that which conceived and promotes Hawaii Superferry, HawaiiTelcom, Hawaii Verizon and over a dozen other U.S. East Coast private equity/hedge fund "investments" in Hawaii State/US politics and Hawaii State/US economy that Hawaii citizens are dominated by.
                          ++-
                          I.P. says, "My goodness CRAIG FOO it's tough being you huh?"
                          Some of us recognize the fact that we were born into challenging circumstances and challenging times, as was/am I. So yes it is tough being an individual who does not shrink away from responsibility, but instead takes it on with the strength and commitment derived from great admiration and appreciation for those who have done, as many in humanity continue to do, likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                            My goodness CRAIG FOO it's tough being you huh? What is shallowly amusing is your assumption of gender based on my writings.
                            I.P. concludes, "What is shallowly amusing is your assumption of gender based on my writings."
                            When I wrote , "Then I.P. doesn't answer the supposition he presented, ..." I had first written '...the supposition he/she presented...' . I prefer to avoid using he/she , using instead the 19th century he , in which the pronoun is not automatically taken to be male only. Of course I had no idea of your sexuality any more than I have of your sexual preference, if you even have one...last I could make out, this thread had zero to do with a person's sexuality. Maybe it's the prefix "Super" in Superferry, maybe it's just the "S" alone, I haven't a clue, but, obviously such gender concerns could be strewn about to eventually become included in any conversation
                            [FONT=Century Gothic] .

most of the time, my eyes glaze over the posts authored by trolls but when i saw something about english in the 19th century, i had to pay a little attention.

i have to say ..wow. i don't think i've ever seen someone have to dig so far back as the 1800s to disguise his foo-ish backpedalling. it takes the cake, big time!

nice job!

at least in the sense that nice comes from the Middle English, foolish, from Old French, from Latin nescius, ignorant, from nescīre, to be ignorant.

you know, "craig" comes from the welsh, meaning, "rock." and when paired so unfortunately with "foo," i suppose certain things are just destined to result.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I will probably be chastized for this post not only by the Administrators, but other members who will scold me for feeding trolls, and quite possibly the "Auntie" posse BUT...

The style of posts between Craig Foo and Waioli Kai are eerily similar. And I'm not even referring to their position on the Superferry, but more their posting style of quoting, fonts, frequency of editing, etc.
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                                I will probably be chastized for this post not only by the Administrators, but other members who will scold me for feeding trolls, and quite possibly the "Auntie" posse BUT...
                                No scoldings from dis Auntie. Just Ignore um. Not worth it getting Mad. Das wat dey like. I learned to get up and walk away. No sense getting another TIA.

Life is Short.

Too much Pilikia makes Humbug.

Real Life, I would Whack Whack the SOBS long time ago!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep cool girlfriend....

Dey NUTS!!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X