Clear All

• Like Like Drive-In

CLOSED.

Oh no, this isn't permanent, is it?

Re: Like Like Drive-In

Originally posted by Albert
    CLOSED.

Oh no, this isn't permanent, is it?
    Somebody tell us this ain't true...no!no!no!no!

Whose next? Eagles? Time to think about a lot of things!
    Local places closing one after another...
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

No worries! They were just closed for New Year's holiday. They are open and cooking so go get some food!

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
        No worries! They were just closed for New Year's holiday. They are open and cooking so go get some food!
        Oh! What a relief! I sure like their Fried Rice and side Port. Sausage with sunny side egg on top. Only thing, you got to go when they make it fresh. Otherwise, they just make a big amount and take it from there...not the same. Can't beat the 70's. Also, their Roast Duckling is great. Hmmmm and the desserts! Glad to hear they're still open! Mahalo!

Comment

I think they normally open on Christmas Day but are closed for the New Year holiday.

Comment

It was sad enough that Columbia Inn went close a few years ago. Now you scare us with this!
            live aloha

Comment

Originally posted by slippahs
              It was sad enough that Columbia Inn went close a few years ago. Now you scare us with this!
              There is one in Kaimuki still right?

KalihiBoy

Comment

The one in Kaimuki next to Longs is still around (thankfully!).
                live aloha

Comment

Oh how this site brings MEMORIES...the original Columbia Inn was located where the Chinese Cultural Plaza is now, Beretania Side. Eh, I am old!heheheh

Comment

I must be ordering all the wrong stuff, because everything I've ever had at Columbia Inn was decent at best, and it wasn't even that most of the time.

If there's one thing that irritates me above the others when it comes to dining out, it's food that's carelessly made. You can tell when something has been thrown together with little thought for the people paying for it. Columbia Inn is one of the guiltiest parties I've encountered.

Wailana Coffee House is another.

Please. I don't mind food that's not mind-blowingly fantastic, but when you put my meal together, take some care. I'd do it for you.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Anybody want to take one last look at Columbia Inn? I shot a few Quicktime VR panoramas in there the day before it closed. You can view them on Starbulletin.com

Click on each pano thumbnail to view the full-sized panorama. Click and drag around in the photo to take a look around.

Blaine
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Whew. Good to see it back in business yesterday.

Maybe that big CLOSED sign was good advertising, made us wake up and think, oops, I haven't been there in too long a time.

Comment

Is a car dealership on the grounds of the old Columbia Inn Kapiolani location by chance?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Old Columbia Inn site to become car showroom
                            Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Wednesday, February 27, 2002
                            Servco Pacific Inc. said it will turn the old Columbia Inn site at 645 Kapiolani Blvd. into a showroom for used luxury vehicles such as the Lexus brand. The company, Hawaii's agency for Toyota and related brands, purchased the building after the Columbia Inn closed Jan. 5, 2001... The restaurant building, a popular hangout for decades among entertainers, journalists and a wide representation of Hawaii's public, will not be torn down but will be stripped out and renovated by Architects Hawaii.
                            I haven't been by there in a while, so I have no idea if that original structure was retained, after all.

Comment

Working...
                            X