No announcement yet.

Inter-Island Flights of the Future?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inter-Island Flights of the Future?!

Originally posted by mel View Post
    1. As noted previously in this thread and others, Hawaii interisland customers prefer jets over prop planes. We'll see what the market and economics dictate in the future. I don't quite see an all prop interisland airplane fleet for say Hawaiian Airlines. Mesa Go, maybe.. but then again there are newer, smaller jets available for the market such as the CRJ 200 that Go already flies and the E-Jet that saw brief service in Hawaii when Mokulele was flying under a different ownership in 2009-10.
    I've yet to see any of the go! jets land and take off at Molokai/Hoolehua Airport. As it stand, go! prefer to send only the small Cessnas that Mokulele Airlines provide.

As for preference, I prefer anything BIGGER than Cessnas, either jet or prop engine.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: Inter-Island Flights of the Future?!

Originally posted by Random View Post
      I've yet to see any of the go! jets land and take off at Molokai/Hoolehua Airport. As it stand, go! prefer to send only the small Cessnas that Mokulele Airlines provide.

As for preference, I prefer anything BIGGER than Cessnas, either jet or prop engine.
      Yes, Go does not fly any jets into Molokai, Lanai or the other smaller airports. That is probably one reason why they combined with Mokulele Airlines... so you got those Cessna 208 Grand Caravans doing most of the flights to those small airfields.

The next step up is Island Air's Dash 8 which can carry about 30 passengers each. Twin props bigger than a Cessna. That is about the best as you'll currently get for Molokai.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
      X