Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuket Thai

Phucket Thai

When I stayed off McCulley there was a restaurant called Phucket Thai. I ordered a bit of everything. They were not nosey, but certainly intrigued by my British way of talking.
    I couldn't possibly go through all they gave me.
    No chopsticks > a fork and a spoon.

Main meal was fried rice with chicken, beef, shrimp pork and crab.
    Small side dishes included hot sweet soup with coconut milk and chicken.
    Green curry and meat balls.

All I wanted after that lot,,,,, OMG. was a cup of their tea.

The charge was $8 > Talk about value for money.

Re: Phucket Thai

Mai pen rai!

Matapule's youngest was a high school exchange student in Phucket several years ago.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Re: Phuket Thai

My wife loves Phuket Thai. They have a location in Mililani that possibly surpasses the McCully location. The tapioca dessert is, I'm told by those who like tapioca, superb.

Comment

Yes, the food at Phuket Thai is good. Only problem I had is that they don't have seating for larger parties. We were a party of 9 and had to split up into different sections of the restaurant, kind of upsetting that the had to split our party up!! The manager told me they don't take reservations!! Is that weird?
        GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bf334 View Post
          Only problem I had is that they don't have seating for larger parties. We were a party of 9 and had to split up into different sections of the restaurant, kind of upsetting that the had to split our party up!! The manager told me they don't take reservations!! Is that weird?
          They have a branch near Ward Center that can seat large parties now. I was there for a bday party last year or year and a half ago. I think they took reservations for that because we had 20 people or so.
          http://www.phuketthaihawaii.com/

Comment

There was a time when right next to Phuket Thai was another place called Fook Yuen. I kid you not
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              There was a time when right next to Phuket Thai was another place called Fook Yuen. I kid you not
              LOL--it's still there--and just as popular as ever!

Comment

With a name like Phuket Thai or Fook Yuen, it must be good.

Comment

A few years ago I cast a project with speaking roles where the word Phuket appeared in the dialogue. Oooooh Lordy, the (mis)pronounciations that occurred!!!

Comment

Kinda like Pho King? When I ordered a bowl of pho, the owner corrected me that it was pronounced like "fa", not sounding like "foe".

Comment

Working...
                    X