Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aloha Air files bankruptcy, again

Originally posted by melorama View Post
    If anyone wants larger, higher quality versions of these spots, you can download them from our site:

http://montaj9.com/WithoutAloha60R2.mov (:60 version)
    http://montaj9.com/WithoutAloha30R2.mov (:30 version)

They're Sorenson3 versions, but when I get back from the mainland, I'll be sure to post much higher quality H264 versions and update this post.
    Nice ads. Anyone remember the one (I think it was Aloha) from about the mid-90s? It showed the plains in the air with an island in the background. Worked real good with the Superbowl 3D glasses.

Comment

You know...I support unions (having been one before) but I think this sick out by Aloha Airline Cargo pilots is making a bad thing worse.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Just shut the Airline down already. Enough with the B.S. from Management and Unions.
        Aloha Airlines is a done deal, Like or not. After seeing passenger operation end, lets face it, this is it. Aloha Airlines is (PAU)........
        After years of flying with Aloha Airlines, just to see this B.S. going on and on with that dam management. As why hard when they bring in these dumb *** that don`t know jack.
        To bad the peoples airline is no more....
        Thanks to the great management from the MAINLAND.....
        (TPA) the pau airline
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
          Just shut the Airline down already. Enough with the B.S. from Management and Unions. Aloha Airlines is a done deal, Like or not. After seeing passenger operation end, lets face it, this is it.
          As someone who has used Aloha’s cargo outfit far more than their passenger planes, I have to disagree. The workers there are good people and the operation quite profitable. The pilots will eventually stop their union bosses from sinking the last segment of Aloha.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            What the hell. I thought the pilots were fighting over who got to keep the job? I'd think they'd be fighting over "Keep me! Keep me!", not "give it to the other guys". That makes no sense at all.

Comment

The plot thickens, according to this Breaking News item:

Aloha Airgroup Inc., the parent company of bankrupt Aloha Airlines, is being sued for back wages by two ex-workers who claim about 1,900 employees were fired without federally required warning, Bloomberg News reported.
              Aloha violated the so-called War Act by failing to give workers a 60-day written notice, Dayna Stoker and Charles Oh claim in the suit that was filed yesterday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Honolulu. Bloomberg said the lawsuit is seeking class-action status to represent all affected employees.
              (...)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i feel for my cousin and her husband since they lost their job at aloha and now i feel that they'll truly have to find other employment and since they have to care for their two kid's and that they'll have to find a way to make payment's for their house so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Aloha violated the so-called War Act by failing to give workers a 60-day written notice
                  It may depend on how well isolated the passenger part of Aloha Air is from the rest of the operation legal-wise. If there's no money, there's no money. As Steve Dallas once said "never, ever sue a poor person".

Comment

This whole strike threat just baffles me. The union seems so intent on destroying the air cargo operation if they don't get what they want instead of trying to save any jobs for the remaining pilots. I guess the union does not care about their junior pilot members? And is it true that Saltchuk has to take the pliots along with the planes? If that's the case, I would personally walk away from this deal and just look at opening a new division in Hawaii. It's not hard to lease 737-200Cs on the market. Yes, there's the whole getting the papers and approvals but Saltchuk already operates 737-200Cs in the Northwest, they already have the expertise.

Comment

Typical "crab bucket" Hawaii ridiculousness. A month ago, the passenger pilots probably sneered down their noses at the cargo pilots and now they're squabbling like kids to take their jobs? I agree, I'd drop these sorry scraps of Aloha Airlines and come back independently.

Comment

Yeah at this point the pilot's union kinda soured the whole thing. I think Saltchuk should just wait until the cargo division simply bleeds to death and pick up the pieces like Hawaiian did for the passenger service and lay the new ground rules down for any pilot who wants a job with them.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hi this is sansei and sorry if i post this thought in the incorrect place only since my cousin's husband was a senior pilot for aloha,im hoping he could fly for the cargo portion of aloha so he could help feed his family if he didnt already find a job and my good thought's are with him and his family.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Unbelievable, the union is now attempting to dictate the sale. Who's the owner of Aloha cargo?

Saltchuk appears to have walked out on the process, still keeping an eye out, but this sale is just going from bad to worse. I predict there won't even be 40 flying jobs left when this debacle is over.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              Saltchuk appears to have walked out on the process ...
                              From the news services on Thursday, another piece goes:
                              Aloha Airlines contract services sale approved

HONOLULU -- A U.S. bankruptcy judge has approved the sale of Aloha Airlines' contract services to Pacific Air Cargo LLC for about $2 million.

Aloha shut down its passenger service March 31 shortly after filing for bankruptcy, and the airline started taking bids to sell parts of its business.

The sale of the contract services division is expected to close May 5.

Aloha is also trying to sell its cargo operations. On Wednesday, Seattle-based Saltchuk Resources pulled out of the auction for Aloha's cargo operations.

Comment

aloha cargo calls it quits today as per a report on KHON and the advertiser
                                no surprises here......but it may cause some troubles with mail and small business needs......i expect som emergency measures to be put into place soon.....if this plays out without a new option we may face some shortages on kauai and big island of perishable items and mail....
                                the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Working...
                                X