Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Series You NEED to Get on DVD

Originally posted by kdramafan View Post
    Only one I am missing is the 11th Season on dvd. But I wish I did not buy these individual season dvd sets. Because of would of just picked up the "M*A*S*H* Martinis & Medicine Complete Collection" Dvd Box set.
    What is frustrating about the Mash shows is you buy them individually you get nothing, i.e. no extra features yet you buy the box set you get all of the neat extra features so the production company screws the consumer on this.

I think this was done on some more shows like Brady Bunch too....

We're trying to convince Sony to release more Partridge Family and I know the reps at Sony they say the first season sold poorly so they dont want to take the risk....

Aj

Comment

I really would like to have the complete Wonder Years. All we have of it right now is a compilation called "The Best of the Wonder Years". Release the whole series, please! Add that to my demand for The Equalizer and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Comment

The Max Headroom show (US version)

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
          What is frustrating about the Mash shows is you buy them individually you get nothing, i.e. no extra features yet you buy the box set you get all of the neat extra features so the production company screws the consumer on this.

I think this was done on some more shows like Brady Bunch too....

We're trying to convince Sony to release more Partridge Family and I know the reps at Sony they say the first season sold poorly so they dont want to take the risk....
          Sigh! Aint it da truth. But that's how it is. Shows that sell successfully in its initial DVD configurations give birth to complete/deluxe megasets, which oftentimes contain extras not previously available on the earlier releases. But then again, if fans of a certain show hold off on buying the initial DVD releases with the expectation that a deluxe megaset will be sold later on, then maybe the megaset will never come out if the initial releases don't sell well enough. It's a classic catch-22, either way.

Some companies are more consumer friendly than others. Last year, A&E released a new edition of the Avengers "Emma Peel" megaset, which added an additional disc containing a couple of newly discovered Avengers episodes from the very first season, among other things. A&E also sold this new disc seperately so that fans who purchased either the original Emma Peel megaset or the individual 1965-67 season sets could add these unique episodes to their collection without having to re-purchase everything. But alas, other companies don't care or they're too greedy.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I have most of Byrds of Paradise on tape,[...]
            Ibelieve it was filmed on the Big Island.
            I wonder if you have that confused with Wind on Water that featured Bo Derek. IIRC, Byrds was filmed mostly on the No. Shore (wasn't the Dillingham Estate used as the school?) and at the film studio on 18th St.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              I really would like to have the complete Wonder Years. All we have of it right now is a compilation called "The Best of the Wonder Years". Release the whole series, please!
              It wouldn't surprise me if a complete Wonder Years DVD set is being held up due to music copyright issues. If you'll recall, the show made rather liberal use of rock/pop hits from the 1960s and '70s. Utilizing that material again on a DVD release would involve purchasing another license. When you consider they used the music by the Beatles, Beach Boys, and Hendrix, among others, you can imagine that re-purchasing those rights will be an expensive proposition.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                It wouldn't surprise me if a complete Wonder Years DVD set is being held up due to music copyright issues.
                That's what held up "Freaks and Geeks" for so long.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                  That's what held up "Freaks and Geeks" for so long.
                  And "WKRP In Cincinnati." They've started releasing it with "generic" music replacing many of the original songs (some of which had been done for syndication in the early '90s), which has made for some continuity damage. More on that here, here, and here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I wonder if you have that confused with Wind on Water that featured Bo Derek. IIRC, Byrds was filmed mostly on the No. Shore (wasn't the Dillingham Estate used as the school?) and at the film studio on 18th St.
                    Your probably right but what I might have seen glancing thru an episode on the fast forward mode was an episode that may have been filmed on the Big Island. I see lots of waterfalls on the closing credits, which means they shot outside exteriors possibly at Akaka Falls or Wailua Falls on BI and Kauai respectively.

But the show is for sure Byrds of Paradise with Tim Busfield, Robert Kekalua and company circa 1994.

Aj

Comment

I'm fortunate to have most of the entire series run of WKRP on the original beta tapes from which they were taped off from on CBS during its original run. It's a major "to do" list I have to transfer this material onto DVD.

Aj

Comment

Your probably right but what I might have seen glancing thru an episode on the fast forward mode was an episode that may have been filmed on the Big Island. I see lots of waterfalls on the closing credits, which means they shot outside exteriors possibly at Akaka Falls or Wailua Falls on BI and Kauai respectively.
                        That's the "magic" of Hollywood for ya! Strategically inserting a shot of Diamond Head here and Kamehameha Statue there turned what would otherwise be a virtual clone of 77 Sunset Strip into Hawaiian Eye.

Even in recent years, it is still a common enough practice. Race The Sun, the 1995 flick based on the story of the Konawaena High School solar racing team, was filmed on Oahu, not on the Big Isle. Waialua High School was "transformed" into Konawaena HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          It wouldn't surprise me if a complete Wonder Years DVD set is being held up due to music copyright issues.
                          I've run into a guy on another board that did covers for some movie music when it was re-done to DVD to save on the licensing costs. So there may be another out, but it would take time.

Comment

If memory serves, didn't "The Wonder Years" film an episode in Hawaii in the early 90s?

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                              If memory serves, didn't "The Wonder Years" film an episode in Hawaii in the early 90s?
                              I remember the series well, but I do not recall a single episode that was filmed or took place in Hawaii.

The point about popular classic music during the Wonder Years -- very good point. Sad if that's what's holding up a complete DVD compilation.

Comment

I just bought the Pete and Pete season 1 and 2 on DVD.
                                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                                Sharing withother survivors...
                                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                                X