ForumsHawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForumsHawaii

Is the website ForumsHawaii still online? I can't find it.

Re: ForumsHawaii

Not sure but it's definitely down. I haven't been on there for a long time and haven't seen any posts about it going through upgrades/maintenance or simply being brought down permanently.

Comment

Is there an archive of their past postings? I'm a fan of the postings of a poster named Anton Chigurh. They were clever and funny. They're gone.

Comment

Fascinating. Site gone, last update on Twitter was in 2011, last update on Facebook 2012. The last time I looked at the site they were going strong, but I guess it must have been even further back than that.

Some of the site has been archived in periodic snapshots in

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://forumshawaii.com

Comment

Any news on what happened to them??????
          Used to go there when nothing else to do.
          Some jerks on there, but lots of local news.

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
            Any news on what happened to them??????
            Used to go there when nothing else to do.
            Some jerks on there, but lots of local news.
            They did gang up on new posters. I did post for a little while under a different username. But, my posts didn't any replies. It was probably because they didn't get my pop culture references and I didn't get theirs.

Comment

If you miss your ForumsHawaii fix. There's the poor man's version with Craiqslist Rant & Rave section.

Comment

Mostly trash talk on craigs list.
                Any other hawaii forums around????

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
                  Mostly trash talk on craigs list.
                  Any other hawaii forums around????
                  There are the comment section of The Honolulu Star Advertiser and the news stations KGMB and KHON websites. But, don't expect any reaction to your comment. The only one who seems to get any reaction is a poster called Allie on The Honolulu Star Advertiser comments section. That poster reminds me of Frankie Goes to Market on this board. You either love them or hate them. I kinda like them.

Comment

I got into FH ~2005 when I was into tuning my Nissan. Other than that, it was a great place to discuss restaurants, jobs, news & other local minutae. The classifieds section was up there with CL for certain stuffs.

I think it's disappeared once or twice in the past, only to be resurrected. Maybe it's down for good tho now....lack of advertising dollars mebe

Comment

Working...
                    X