Burger with out the bun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger with out the bun

While watching "The Tonight Show" Jay Leno mention that McDonalds is planning on offering burgers without the bun.

Jack-in-the-Box already offers burgers without the buns. Never tried it yet. This sort of reminds me of an old "Bloom County" cartoon where the gang went to Burger King and Milo Bloom ordered a Whopper without the bun and the reason why he did it because he wanted done his way.

Re: Burger with out the bun

Originally posted by helen
    Jack-in-the-Box already offers burgers without the buns. Never tried it yet. This sort of reminds me of an old "Bloom County" cartoon where the gang went to Burger King and Milo Bloom ordered a Whopper without the bun and the reason why he did it because he wanted done his way.
    Burger King does give the Low-Carb option of no buns as well...the burgers come on a bed of lettuce with slices of tomato. I didn't know that Jack-in-the-Box did it too. Does anyone know about Wendy's?

Comment

I take it when you order a burger without the bun, they would give you a fork and maybe a knife to eat with it?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        I take it when you order a burger without the bun, they would give you a fork and maybe a knife to eat with it?
        Yeah, they do And it comes in a container that they put the salads in, you know, the black plastic bottom with a clear lid. Basically, it's a salad with a big ol' burger tossed on top. Oh, and no dressing or condiments. But knife and fork, yes

I haven't tried Jack's yet. I have to admit, before I saw BK's one, I always wondered how they packaged the thing...I assumed it would still be in the foil/paper wrapping, but just without the bun, but then I wondered what happened to all the veggies, did they slide all over the place?

Comment

Perhaps this is unrelated, but a friend of mine had a coupon for a really cheap cheeseburger at McDonald's, but she doesn't like cheeseburgers. I was with her the night she decided to redeem it, and told her she should order the cheeseburger without the cheese while presenting the coupon.

The cashier was confused. "You want a cheeseburger without cheese?"

"Yes, please."

"A cheeseburger without cheese is a hamburger."

"Yes, I know, but a hamburger costs this much. I have a coupon for a cheeseburger than costs a lot less."

"So you want a cheeseburger?"

"No, I want a hamburger, but I want to pay this price. So just ring me up for the cheeseburger and hold the cheese."

I don't know why, but I thought that if I gave it a try, I could make the cashier understand why we were ordering this way. What a fool I am! The cashier repeated the information that a cheeseburger without cheese is a hamburger.

"I'll have to get the manager," she said.

I explained to the manager. The manager rang us up for a hamburger at the discounted cheeseburger price. She didn't seem very pleased with us.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

"So... das' a cheeseburgah deluxe... with or without cheese?"

"With."

"With what?"

"Cheese. CHEESE!"

"Oh, why you nevah say so inna firs' place? One side ohdah cheese."

"NO!!"

Comment

hahahaha....thats funny!!

scrivener...maybe you should have drawn a picture to make them understand! McMentals.

glen...I sure miss rap's material. nobody comes close to that dude!

Comment

Not that this is related to anything, but the aforementioned "wacky conversations with burger flippers" reminds me of one friend's biggest fast food pet peeve, courtesy Burger King: they say they don't have a small drink anymore, only medium, large, and really damn big.

medium n. pl. Something... that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes.

I mean, if you have three drink sizes, and there is one in the middle, than that's your medium. Sheesh. It's just as bad at the Thirst Aid Station at Ala Moana Center where the "large" is the small!

Comment

Hamburger ufo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzmI1Wngjc
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                  X