X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Nobunaga - you sound like another poster here called Bobinator who just continued to post all his conspiracy, right wing theories and about Obama's birth certificate. Many posters finally got tired and started making fun of his thread (which you also posted on recently) - pretty much killed off that thread. Is that what you are trying to do with this one? Even Bob didn't start attacking folks. I think Sansei is very politically naive but I'm not attacking him personally and I would probably like him if we ever met. We probably would disagree on everything but I certainly don't dislike him. You, on the other hand, attacked a poster here who has been a member much longer than you and who is very respected on here.

I dunno - it may be only me, but somehow, that just doesn't seem right.
    Hi Ana,
    I only call it as I see it. If a poster is going to hint that I am "trolling" I don't mind, but he/she better be able to face what is factual. As I posted before, I am not a Republican or a Democrat, and although I am a little more conservative than liberal, I am really neither.

I never even hinted that I am a "birther" which, if you look at the posts, suggests that I am. Now, I don't mind any label, but I will correct and criticize those who label me what I am definitely not, and I am not a birther.

As I pointed out, I will not ignore anyone, as this board is slow enough. If you feel my posts are hostile, I welcome the criticism, and I will take it as constructively as I can, but I will not let what I feel is an insult to me stand without any reprisal unless I choose to ignore the poster.

Earlier, I called John Kerry a "traitor" which I think irritated someone. I feel that this is a public board, and I am entitled to my opinion, which I backed with factual data.

If some people on this board choose to become unfriendly, so be it. They can ignore me if they wish, but for now, I will ignore no one, nor will I stand for any personal insult toward myself.

I hope you can understand that, and I hope you read the whole thread from when I started.

I offer no apology, as I see this particular thread as a debate. If someone cannot deal with the facts, he should consider conceding or abstaining from posting a rebuttal.

Also, I have nothing against anyone on this board, and although someone suggested that we ignore Sansei, I refused. I exercise my perogatives on this board, and IF our moderators ask me to leave, I will graciously abide by their wishes.

Again, it seems to me that this board is dying. I am not a former poster to this board, I am a first time register. While my style can be similar to someone else, I did notice that at one time, there was as many as 572 posters online on this board at once, and there are 11,483 registered. Correct me if I am wrong, but the most I have seen on this board at once, was five since my registration.

Your advice and criticism is welcomed by me, but I think you are wrong, and I will continue posting without changing my personality or style, unless I am told to leave by our moderators.

Thank you, and Aloha,
    Nobu

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Maybe it's time for admin to lop off all the John Kerry chatter in this Sarah Palin thread and start a new JK thread??? I apologize for opening Pandora's box by asking Nobu about the John Kerry dirt he was referring to. It never occurred to me that it would turn into a major rant.
      Agreed. While it is getting a lot of attention, it is getting us nowhere.

Comment

I was not making any demands on you to change your style of posting. I was merely giving my opinion. Which as you noted - I am entitled to do.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
          [...]
          Again, it seems to me that this board is dying. I am not a former poster to this board, I am a first time register.
          With all due respect, Nobu, unless you've been following HT's statistics long before registering, you kinda don't have a basis for whether or not this board is dying. Like life, it ebbs and flows.
          While my style can be similar to someone else, I did notice that at one time, there was as many as 572 posters online on this board at once, and there are 11,483 registered. Correct me if I am wrong, but the most I have seen on this board at once, was five since my registration.
          That 572 included both members and guests. Those high numbers are rare and have been since I joined in 2005. Just a few minutes ago there were 29 people viewing HT. Again, a combo of members and guests. You stand corrected! Like other boards, people register and post once or don't post at all. I know people who read only. It would be interesting to know if there is a poster to registered average among all boards on the internet!

Comment

I was not making any demands on you to change your style of posting. I was merely giving my opinion. Which as you noted - I am entitled to do.
            Correct. You are entitled to your opinions, and I thank you for your constructive criticisms. As I noted, I do not have any apology for my posting style, I will not ignore anyone just because they sound stupid as suggested by another, and I resent, and will not stand for being called what I am not.

I am not picking on you, because of the constructive criticism, and if I do appear to be offensive with my posts, I hope you can see the reasons for it by reading what was previous to that aggression.

I try to treat everyone here with respect, but disrespect begets disrespect. I am not stupid enough to be a "birther", and I make my decisions and opinions with the factual data I can get.

Now, PLEASE answer a question for me? Do you know of anyone besides John Kerry, who "earned" at least three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and a Silver Star in American Combat, within 4 months of duty, who lived through the ordeal without any visible signs of combat to his body? How about who just lived through such an ordeal? OR, how about one of the 58,000 who died in the Vietnam War??? It isn't impossible, but the other numbers and dates tell me something is wrong.

Aloha,
            Nobu

Comment

Thank you, Sue, for saying that. Nobu apparently fails to understand much beyond what he "sees." He now has a great track record for saying "I agree - these threads are going off-topic too much," then his very next posts are continuations of the off-topic discussions.

His refusal to consider any other evidence presented to him, if it contradicts his own set of purported "facts" makes him someone I will no longer engage in discussion. I had hope for him when he started posting, but his mind is firmly closed.

Comment

Tutusue> With all due respect, Nobu, unless you've been following HT's statistics long before registering, you kinda don't have a basis for whether or not this board is dying. Like life, it ebbs and flows.

Nobu>
                Hi Tutusue,
                When you first log on, you get these statistics about this board.
                Most users ever online was 572, December 19th, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
                Nobunaga, Palama Kid

HawaiiThreads.com Statistics

Threads: 14,338, Posts: 254,914, Members: 11,483
                Welcome to our newest member, Chadloz

Tutusue> That 572 included both members and guests. Those high numbers are rare and have been since I joined in 2005. Just a few minutes ago there were 29 people viewing HT. Again, a combo of members and guests. You stand corrected! Like other boards, people register and post once or don't post at all. I know people who read only. It would be interesting to know if there is a poster to registered average among all boards on the internet! [/quote]

Nobu> Right at this point, I have been here for a little over a month, and the most I have seen on this board at one time, is five. Even if the 572 is rare, I have never seen anything more than just five, and that is members and guests, and I have been online at times, between 4AM and 11PM Hawaii time. I really don't think there was much more activity during the times I wasn't on the board.

I did come from another board which is mainland based, and that board is also dying, with some of its competitive boards losing entries drastically.

Again, it is my suggestion that unless you cannot stand a person, to not ignore him/her because among the active posters besides me, there is nowhere near a tenth of the 572, guests and members combined around nowadays.

I hope this board is just reaching a slump in time, but it does appear to be dying right now. What does help, is the controversal topics, but the problem with that, is the subject will often veer to some hostility.

Also, I did announce that I am neither a Democrat or a Republican, so I simply call it as I see it. I don't like Kerry, a Democrat, and I don't like Palin a Republican. AND, I am not a so called "birther".

Comment

with all due respect to Nobunaga - he sounds like and posts like someone else who has recently disappeared from the boards. I also will no longer respond to him.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

[...]
                    When you first log on, you get these statistics about this board.
                    Yes, I'm aware of that.
                    Tutusue> That 572 included both members and guests. Those high numbers are rare and have been since I joined in 2005. Just a few minutes ago there were 29 people viewing HT. Again, a combo of members and guests. You stand corrected! Like other boards, people register and post once or don't post at all. I know people who read only. It would be interesting to know if there is a poster to registered average among all boards on the internet!

Nobu> Right at this point, I have been here for a little over a month, and the most I have seen on this board at one time, is five. Even if the 572 is rare, I have never seen anything more than just five, and that is members and guests, and I have been online at times, between 4AM and 11PM Hawaii time. I really don't think there was much more activity during the times I wasn't on the board.
                    I just logged on and there were 49 viewers. Last night, as I mentioned above, there were 29. Why the discrepancy between your # and mine, do you think? If you choose to believe HT is dying...that's your prerogative. Why are you even concerned enough about it to keep commenting?

Now...can you please start a John Kerry thread and keep him out of the Sarah Palin thread? Unfortunately, Nobu, you really do sound like a previous HT poster.

Comment

Hi Tutusue,
                      I am still a little green on this site. So it must be my mistake, as I looked only at the names or pseudos of the people who were online. I guess that include the guests. The most I ever saw was five at once.

My posts looks like someone else's? I have never seen that person's posts, so I wouldn't know. However, as I posted, I have never been on this board with any pseudo but "Nobunaga". I live on the Island of Kauai, and I used to live in Makaha, on Kiapa St, which is a dead end, and I am very familiar with the Waianae area where you are from.

Anyway, I have nothing to hide, or prove. If you think I am someone else, that is fine with me. If you wish to ask me any question(s) pretaining to myself, you may do it via PM, and I will gladly answer them truthfully to the best of my ability as long as they are not too personal.

Also anyway, the person you think I might be is a "birther"??? I do consider that strange, because that, I am not. Also, you might find that I do not only pick on Democrats, but I also pick on Republicans. As I posted, I simply call it as I see it.

As you seen with my exchanges with Sansei, Not only to I criticize Kerry and Jimmy Carter who are Democrats, but I also criticized Bush, McCain, and Palin, who are Republicans.

There is one small similarity between "Bobinator" and myself. My real first name is "Robert", and I do go by the nickname "Bob" for most of my friends.

Any questions? Send me a PM, and I will gladly answer if I can.
                      Nobu (Nobu is the name of my dog, a Chihuahua mix)

Comment

with all due respect to Nobunaga - he sounds like and posts like someone else who has recently disappeared from the boards. I also will no longer respond to him.
                        Hi Ana,
                        I have no problem with that at all. If you wish to ignore me, there is nothing I can do about it. Have fun. This will also by my last response to you unless there is some change in your attitude.
                        Aloha,
                        Nobu

Comment

Hi Tutusue,
                          I am still a little green on this site. So it must be my mistake, as I looked only at the names or pseudos of the people who were online. I guess that include the guests. The most I ever saw was five at once.[...]
                          There are currently 55 viewers on HT...3 members and 52 guests. Look at the number immediately after "currently active users". That's your barometer; not the names. Guests (included in that number) are readers only, not registered, so their names won't appear. In addition, a member can elect to hide that they're logged in. You won't see those names but I assume they're included in the count.
                          Anyway, I have nothing to hide, or prove. If you think I am someone else, that is fine with me.[...]
                          You have a similar posting style to someone who hasn't been around for awhile. Hence, the comments from others. A screen name can be changed but I'd guess it's with the admin's approval. I assume there's a way to leave one screen name behind and start over with a new one...but I could be wrong. Regardless, all I'm saying is you have a similar posting style to someone else.
                          As you seen with my exchanges with Sansei, Not only to I criticize Kerry and Jimmy Carter who are Democrats, but I also criticized Bush, McCain, and Palin, who are Republicans.
                          I've not written any complaints about your political posts (that I remember!), birther or otherwise...only that you're reaming Kerry in the Palin thread. And I apologized for my part in that. All HTers have wandered off topic at one time or another (I've done more than my share) and if called out they usually stop and start up a new thread based on their off topic subject. You were called out on the Kerry rant in the Palin thread but you kept it up anyway. Once again, a similar posting style to someone else.

Comment

This topic has certainly strayed and is now closed. Nobunaga is also on hold until I can authenticate his identity. I got a little lax with my vetting process (it certainly prompts some angry reactions from would-be members), but I see I need to be strict for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                            X