Apple Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apple Announcements

Here's the iPhone page. You can watch the keynote. You can sign up to get e-mail updates. You can... {faints}

Comment

There are several little Quicktime animations showing how the iPhone's UI works. VERY VERY cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        Here's the iPhone page. You can watch the keynote. You can sign up to get e-mail updates. You can... {faints}

hahahaha... I know right?!? I'm already thinking of ways to get out of my sprint contract lol
        -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
          Ouch! $600 w/ 2-year contract for the 8GB phone! What the hell, I still want one. Gotta wait 'till June, though.
          but... but... it runs OSX!!!
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

There are several little Quicktime animations showing how the iPhone's UI works. VERY VERY cool.
            Seriously. Check out the "Internet" section, as just one example (and they're all great). I mean... I don't care if you're a Mac hater, you have got to be impressed.

Damn straight it runs OSX. I mean, the big picture is hard to ignore. If the iPod was the "gateway drug" to put more Macs and OSX into everyone's homes (half of the record Mac sales in the past year were to new Mac users, not "Kool-Aid drinkers"), I can easily see the iPhone doing the same thing from the mobile device market. True, it's a mature market versus where music players were when the iPod debuted, but I'm thinking the iPhone and "everything else" are completely different categories right now.

And heck, the fact that "Apple Computer, Inc." is now just "Apple, Inc." tells you that selling Macs -- although they're doing great at it right now -- isn't even their endgame. World domination, maybe?

Comment

wow. i want one.
              i and i just upgraded my phone last week.
              Last edited by Hellbent; January 9, 2007, 09:53 AM.
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Holy Mother of God.

The Dismantling of Palm in Pua'i's Life Begins...

I wonder if it is going to work with my entourage, or shall I convert (groan) to iCal/iMail? The thing that entourage gives that iCal doesn't is the Project Management component, which are *really* worthwhile.

pax

Comment

What I really enjoyed was that part of Steve's live demo of the iPhone included him e-mailing his marketing head a photo of Hawaii!
                  Also, on Apple's iPhone site QT demo, under: internet device > widgets > weather, one of the reports displayed is for Kailua, Kona (72 degrees).
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                    Holy Mother of God. The Dismantling of Palm in Pua'i's Life Begins...
                    I know. I know. I love my Treo 700p. Evangelize it to all I know. But this morning, it shed a little tear.

I love that there was only one negative response to Steve's keynote (apart from the brief Cingular commercial) -- when he said the iPhone would be available in June. That gives me and my Treo some quality time...

Fortunately, I have relatives that covet the Treo, so I'm certain my current device will find a good home. I'm mostly miffed that I'm going to have to switch carriers if I'm going to have a first run iPhone. I've been with Sprint for almost forever.

Comment

I wonder how much an unlocked one will go for and when they'll start appearing.... A 2-year commitment seems awfully long for something that only has 8GB.

Comment

I know. I know. I love my Treo 700p. Evangelize it to all I know. But this morning, it shed a little tear.

I love that there was only one negative response to Steve's keynote (apart from the brief Cingular commercial) -- when he said the iPhone would be available in June. That gives me and my Treo some quality time...

Fortunately, I have relatives that covet the Treo, so I'm certain my current device will find a good home. I'm mostly miffed that I'm going to have to switch carriers if I'm going to have a first run iPhone. I've been with Sprint for almost forever.
                        allow me my peeve:

I have been with TMobile since they were Voicestream. A display of customer loyalty unheard of, if one measures it in cellular years. This decision has been twofold: their rates are the cheapest, and I have never had an unhappy customer service experience, either in-store, or toll-free. I understand what they can and cannot do, and for the most part, get my way, or am happy on the compromise. My treo 270 and 600 were bought through TMobile, and I was unhappy to buy my 650 from Palm, because when it came to repairing/replacing the 270 and 600 (my phones have an annoying habit of committing suicide from high places), TMobile *rocked*. As the rest of my family's phones are also from TMobile, I can say that their policies are still in place.

Why would I want to switch? I have avoided such decisions because a)there are (usually) unlocked versions of the phone I want (except the 700p that I was entertaining...hello, 680, but a switchdown on phones? Wassup wit dat? Are we talking a John Deere from Home Depot, where it isn't really a solid John Deere??? Digressing...) and b)its still cheaper than the other companies.

Buuuutttt....I am just not a sidekick kinda gal. I *work*. And I work on Mac OSX. It has bothered me that TMobile didn't work out any more deals with Palm, and limited their business market to only Blackberry products, and not a very good selection at that. Over the years, Verizon and Cingular have caught my eye because they aggressively promote my demographic. Their phones and services tailor to what I want. I just don't want to pay what they charge.

I would think, that TMobile being the more blingy/funky company that they are, they SHOULD go after Apple and sell this phone. The fit makes sense. Leave the Crackberries to the Corporate Horses™ that Verizon and Cingular are, and go after. I want TMobile to give me my damned latte and apple iphone while I sit here in my black turtleneck and surf cool web pages listening to Swing Out Sister.

Now.

pax

Comment

I have been with TMobile since they were Voicestream.
                          Same here! I only buy unlocked GSM phones, so the only contract I've ever been in with TMobile/Voicestream is the one I signed up for when I got my first phone. That's gotta be over a decade now without any obligation to stay. I should get a free phone or something.

Comment

The video demo of the photo features includes an example of the "two-finger zoom" action I mentioned earlier. Also, as you browse the other demos, you'll see that the UI has inertia. I don't know what else to call it, but it's fantastic. You tap the screen and flip your finger downward on the contact list, and it basically freewheels, or spins. Same deal when scrolling through album covers in your music collection. This is insane.

Comment

Same here! I only buy unlocked GSM phones, so the only contract I've ever been in with TMobile/Voicestream is the one I signed up for when I got my first phone. That's gotta be over a decade now without any obligation to stay. I should get a free phone or something.
                              you and I are known as "Platinum" customers. Check out what that means. What I WANT it to mean is, "here's yer apple phone, PM!"

pax

Comment

you and I are known as "Platinum" customers. Check out what that means. What I WANT it to mean is, "here's yer apple phone, PM!"
                                Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Go buy a T-Mobile MDA. It's a full-featured PDA-style phone that's an adult version of the Sidekick.

Only thing is, it runs on a Microsoft OS, not OSX.

That said... I SOOOOOO WANT AN iPHONE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X