Telemarketers & Phone Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemarketers & Phone Surveys

Hi This is sansei and i have a question,may anyone here had or has a phone call from people who survey and if anyone did and you'd put them on the do not call iist and they do it a second and third time even though they are on the do not call list,what may anyone's thought's be is i shared with this lady,that i put them on the do not call list and she kept hounding me if i would let her survey me and i mentioned thank you only that's ok and she kept trying to request to me if i would respond to her survey since she say's she didnt have enough guy's who she need's to survey and when i shared with her thank's only that's ok,she then hung up and i'd wish to know if something like this happened to anyone here?

Well thank's for your time:O)

Re: has anyone received a phone call from people who survey?

for some reason, we still keep getting phone calls to answer surveys even though we are on the do not call list. i just tell the person that i am not interested and hang up.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

If you've done business with the company in the past they can still call you whether or not you are on the "do not call" list. I've had similar experiences recently but the calls came from the headquarters of my bank and insurance company. Other telemarketers have been reported.

If you have caller ID, note the phone # then file a complaint at the donotcall.gov web site. You should also tell the offending party to put you on the "do not call" list. They are obligated to do that once you tell them. Will they? Who knows. I've noticed over the past 4 months or so that telemarketing calls have ramped up quite a bit.

Comment

I tell them that 100% of the residents at this number will not participate in their survey and they are wasting their time.
        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Or, to discourage telemarketers, you might follow this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv3UCvxUh8E

(Warning: Not all of the remarks are Politically Correct, so don't go there if you are easily offended.)
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how the Do Not Call list works (because I'm kind of opposed to the list, to be honest), but isn't it true that certain kinds of surveying are exempt from having to abide by it, such as political polling?

Ah, I was right. Relevant stuff here.

Part of the article says
            • A person may still receive calls from political organizations.
            • A person may still receive calls from charities.
            • A person may still receive calls from those conducting surveys.

Wikipedia is my friend.
            Last edited by scrivener; July 26, 2008, 10:10 PM.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Survey says, "Don't Answer the Phone." I got a trace on that phone call. It's coming from inside your house. Quick, Run for your life!

Comment

just got another one this morning. i could hardly hear the person. but, once i heard survey, i hung up. i don't hang up on the charities and haven't gotten any political calls yet.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                  just got another one this morning. i could hardly hear the person. but, once i heard survey, i hung up. i don't hang up on the charities and haven't gotten any political calls yet.
                  So, that's why the silent ring on the phone is included. Those 5:30 in the morning telemarketing calls on your bedroom phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    Survey says, "Don't Answer the Phone."
                    good answer. let's play, "the phone feud."
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

Never get them now as we use cell as home phone. But I do hang up on charities, after I ask them to snail mail their info to me and explain that I do not donate over the phone. I figure if they have my phone number they have my address.

Comment

Re: Telemarketers & Phone Surveys

hi this is sansei and just a few minute's ago,i received another phone call when someone saying they are from the starbulletin that they wanted to know if we're already taking the starbulletin and if we arent,they would've like to have us subscribe to them and for sunday's edition also and i told them we do take it and not sunday's since we take the advertiser so they said thank you and hung up so i hope no one had this same experience as i just did?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                          hi this is sansei and just a few minute's ago,i received another phone call when someone saying they are from the starbulletin that they wanted to know if we're already taking the starbulletin and if we arent,they would've like to have us subscribe to them and for sunday's edition also and i told them we do take it and not sunday's since we take the advertiser so they said thank you and hung up so i hope no one had this same experience as i just did?

Well thank's for your time
                          I had those when I subscribed to the SB when dorming at UH. I stopped subscribing to the SB when THA was provided for free to all dorms there, and the phone calls from SB stopped.
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Caller ID and an answering machine does the trick. If you don't know the number, let the answering machine pick up. Telemarketers and survey solicitors are not allowed to leave a message. They will hang up.

Comment

I don't know if letting the answering machine get it is a good idea. It confirms to the person or the machine calling you that your number is a valid one, and they'll just try again later. I answer and immediately hang up. My hope is that they'll think there's something wrong with the number and take it off their list.

I wish I had a way to play the disconnected-number recording. You know, the one that goes "Boo-bee-BEEP. I'm sorry, the number you have reached has been changed or is no longer in service. Please check the number you dialed and try your call again." Any person or well-designed auto-dialer software that got that message would probably take my number off their list.

I could just make it my outgoing message, but then valid callers would think my line was disconnected. I don't want that. I want to be able to look at my caller ID then press a button that would play that message. Does anyone know a way I could do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X