• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America's Got Talent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW0h3opAZh0

B.R. again

Comment

If the "quick change" act doesn't make it to the finals Weds night, then it will be just another singing show.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

After last night's finals show, I retract what i say about "Quick Change". They are a one trick pony. Bianca Ryan should get the $i million.

She's ready for the BIG TIME.

Flickr

Comment

I thought last night's show was exceptionally entertaining with it's diversity of acts. All had their strengths but not all are marketable to the masses.

The Rapping Granny - How adorable is she? Just a novelty act, tho'. I can't believe it but I agree with Piers!

Quick Change - Unique, amazing and entertaining...for one week! A great act for conventions or an opening act for Vegas. Now that I've seen them on AGT I doubt I'd pay to see them elsewhere.

The Passing Zone - Unique but a novelty act. Ok, so I'm not a fan of juggling. Possibly an opening act for another novelty act in an off the strip hotel in Vegas?

Taylor Ware - I'm the first to admit that I just can't get into yodeling and would not pay to listen to it. Regardless, this little gal is really good but where does she go from here?

Realis - would be a great addition to one of the Cirque shows.

All That - love 'em, but where do they go from here? Possibly Vegas in a lesser known hotel?

The Millers - Wow! The young harmonica player is outrageous and, at 12, already a showman. Unlike Piers, I enjoyed the brother but, regardless, the 12 year old steals the brother's thunder. It'll be interesting to see what happens to this duo...or just the 12 year old.

Celtic Spring - They gave me chicken skin but I love the the whole "Riverdance"/"Lord of the Dance" experience and do pay to see it! Add 5 kids with violins to the experience and I am thoroughly entertained. But, where do they take their talent? Vegas? Concert Halls? Conventions?

At Last - Wow! Loved them, too. Just another 'boy band'? Dunno but I can see their appeal to the younger generation. More marketable to the masses, I think, than the above acts.

Bianca Ryan - (link is to last night's performance) Reduced me to tears once again. That child is exceptionally marketable to the masses...recording contract, Broadway, concerts. I wonder if she has any dancing or acting ability. If so, then she's a triple threat.

Tonight's winner is anybodys guess but I'm still pulling for Bianca.
          Last edited by tutusue; August 17, 2006, 09:19 AM. Reason: added URL

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            Bianca Ryan - (link is to last night's performance) Reduced me to tears once again.
            Same here. (I didn't see the show, so thanks for the link, Tutu!) From what you've described about the other acts, I think your analysis is right on the money and it's impossible to see how anyone else could or should win.
            Bianca is pure gold. I hope this show doesn't contractually force her to sign a recording deal with them (American Idol style), as I'll bet Clive Davis has been knocking on her door since her first appearance.
            I think I wrote earlier that Bianca is obviously in the same league with other child prodigies who went on to stardom: LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, and I'm sure there are others who were tiny tots with gigantic voices.
            Wow. Just... wow.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              I wrote earlier that Bianca is obviously in the same league with other child prodigies who went on to stardom: LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, and I'm sure there are others who were tiny tots with gigantic voices.
              Wow. Just... wow.
              Jessica Simpson? LeAnn and Christina, yes....but Jessica !!!!!

Flickr

Comment

[...]Bianca is pure gold. I hope this show doesn't contractually force her to sign a recording deal with them (American Idol style), as I'll bet Clive Davis has been knocking on her door since her first appearance.[...]
                Personally, I don't feel Bianca will be hurt one bit if she doesn't win tonight, esp. if the winner does, in fact, have contractual obligations to the show. Well, yes, she would be losing $1M but she'll more than make up for that with her career and probably in a short amount of time. All that little gal needed was exposure, which she got, and that's...priceless.

Shhh...don't tell anyone...but I voted for her the allowed 10 times last night!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                  Jessica Simpson? LeAnn and Christina, yes....but Jessica !!!!!
                  Yes, Jessica Simpson. Get past the airhead image and the woman does have an exceptional voice. Ever see footage of her as a child? The Mickey Mouse Club days (which also had Christina, and Justin Timberlake). Jessica's voice even as a child was right up there with the others I mentioned.

Comment

Yes, Jessica Simpson. Get past the airhead image and the woman does have an exceptional voice. Ever see footage of her as a child? The Mickey Mouse Club days (which also had Christina, and Justin Timberlake). Jessica's voice even as a child was right up there with the others I mentioned.
                    LN...are you, perhaps, thinking of Brittney Spears? Or was Jessica Simpson really on the MMC? Just curious!

BTW...I don't mind Jessica's voice but I really don't like to watch her sing. There's something just so tense and rigid about her jaw and mouth!

Comment

At least Jessicas better than her lip sync malfunction sister Ashlee..

Jaw and mouth...it's the "proactive" zit cream

Comment

Wasn't that Britney with Justin and Christina? Jessica is the poor man's Britney Spears, and that ain't saying much.

Flickr

Comment

The winner's reaction was priceless!!!
                          Way to go, Bianca!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 years old, and a million bucks richer!

Comment

Bummers...I accidentally learned of her win before the show aired here!

Bianca's reaction caught me off guard! She was at a complete loss for words and just stood there, stunned, tears streaming down her face. Too bad air time ran out before she sang. I would've loved to hear her sing while in such an emotional state.

To stay sane and grounded in the entertainment industry will be her toughest challenge.

Whatta voice!

Comment

Jessica never made the MMC-Ive watched many shows on E! and VH1 that do the backgrounds of these *prodigies*??? lol and she was beat out by Christina (rightfully so) and Brit (who I dont think can sing at all!) Brit and Jess both will hopefully fall off the radar soon before my own daughter starts thinking they have talent------anywhooo

Wasent Bianca adorable tonight? She was REALLY shocked, but we werent! I think this show is a trainwreck-and would not last two weeks in fall line-up-but hey-slow tv-Im there! I do have a question about the cars the miller bros as with the other group, just tell me they didnt give ONE car to a group of 5-6 men? Regis (please never sing again live) Philban said a CAR-and handed one key to each group-this show has made moola for summertime fare-pls someone say it isnt so?

but Id pay to watch them fight backsatge over car! D

Comment

I don't want to knock Bianca... however, isn't singing what America Idol was for?

We now have another show that the winner is a singer... Is it just that America is hooked on singing these days...

So many shows based on singing talent... Puffy's Shows, Amer. Idol., Rockstar SuperNova, Making the Band, etc....

I liked quick change...however the dude was way arrogant and the act got stale... If you DVR'd the finale... you would have noticed one mistake in the changing routine.... I still don't know exactly how they did it... but after about 5 times seeing it... I think I got it...I think! (did you guys notice how eachtime they were going to change that they made a hand off of something behind there backs.....and then when they did the drop down with the Hula hoop purple thing... you could see the dress was on before the hula hoop even dropped down.... etc..)
                                Still an amazing act... however... They would have been better off staying off this show...because now they are over exposed!

However, Bianca... I dunno... shes good and all... I just don't think she's a million dollars good... I think the boy from Hawaii..(can't remember the name now) who was on the Oprah show singing Gospel was just as good as her....

But then again... I have no ear for musical talent...

I think the tears on National TV did seal it for her...even though she was good...

To tell you the truth... Now that I look back at all of the final acts...yeah it was entertaining.... I wouldn't pay a dollar to see any of them though!

I went to the Blue Man show in Vegas and spent about 140.00 for my wife and I about 3 years ago... That was pretty cool.... However I don't think any of tonights acts would have tempted me in Vegas.

All in all...if that's the best of Americas talent... I'll stick to the international talents at the Circque De Solei...etc...

Overall... my impression of the show..... VERY WEAK and very stale over too long of a time...
                                Last edited by damontucker; August 18, 2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X