Godzilla (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla (2014)

There will be another American made Godzilla movie that opens on May 16, 2014. A trailer has been shown in the theaters for a least a couple of weeks and it is available on-line either by the IMDb entry or from the Apple movie trailers site.

Godzilla (2014)

Yes, another "Godzilla" movie. Seen the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc

You might catch a glimpse of Waikiki getting smashed. The Lewers Street scene was filmed last year, with lots of people running. "Godzilla" also apparently makes a mess of the rest of the tourist mecca.

“Godzilla” stars Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, and Ken Watanabe, and opens May 16.

Comment

Re: Godzilla (2014)

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      “Godzilla” stars Bryan Cranston,
      Godzilla on meth.

Comment

The trailer on YouTube is also the 2nd video available from IMDB and Apple Movie Trailers, I sort of noticed that it came out earlier this week.

From the first trailer I was kind of wondering why US Military people are doing a HALO jump over an American city since they could have just as easily used helicopters or parachuted in at a medium altitude (like 5,000 feet instead of 30,000 feet)?

Comment

Saw the 3-D version of this movie today (5/18/14) at the Ward Theater with a friend.

The movie spans two time periods one in 1999 and the other today (or 15 years after 1999). There is also a kind of unique starting credits scene, no dialogue but there are text when it gets blocked out (or redacted) shows the name of the cast or crew member.

On one hand the movie has some plot holes, for instance when Godzilla makes an appearance on Oahu there is a tsunami that hits Waikiki, but when Godzilla goes to San Francisco later on no such tsunami is shown.

On the other hand one needs to pay attention to the various things in he background, for instance one of the main characters is Lt. Ford Brody, when he visits his dad's place in Japan, there are maps of the Big Island and Maui in the background even though the dad character makes no mention of it in the past (Hawaii gets mention/visited days later in the course of the movie). I think I saw a reference to another Japanese movie monster name when Ford and his dad visit their old abandoned home. It was on the side of an aquarium in Ford's old room.

Overall an average movie, not much on humor, some nods to other science fiction lore.

I may want to see the 2-D version at some point in the near future.

Comment

The special effects happens during night scenes. So, it's hard to see.

Comment

Working...
            X